|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Trash for Treasure
As an additional cost to play Trash for Treasure, sacrifice an artifact.
Return target artifact card from your graveyard to play.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (16)||NorthernCrow , xXThormentXx , xpsychovampx , Riku580 , electrolynx , marcus638 , Lucretian , LTmiller , AlucardZain , , chrishuffman95 , Pumpkinking913 , Unlife , Candyman949 , ShishkyBob , Justinaut|
Trash for Treasure Discussion
1 week ago
Fun clue options? Grinding Station/Krark-Clan Ironworks Greater Gargadon Kuldotha Forgemaster Reshape Shape Anew Shrapnel Blast The Antiquities War Time Sieve Throne of Geth Trading Post Trash for Treasure
Second Harvest might let you jank out a mass production win.
1 week ago
I really feel like this has potential. The idea of using Glissa to get a lot of value out of midrange facing midrange feels strong, but I'm feeling like there need to be some major changes to make that choice valuable enough to make it work.
This isn't a minor tech change card, unfortunately, and thats what feels wrong about this deck.
There are a sets of cards worth looking at to substantially increase glissa value, make it more resilient, and help maximise the deck's power when facing other midrange lists (which is what it should want to do with glissa value).
So when warping the shell, lets break this deck down into 'blocks of cards, and try swapping them out. Glissa Traverse BG Midrange copy has my breakdown of the various packages- not perfect, but it gives you an idea of how fragmented all the different things you are trying to do is.
I'd try to look for some 'bridge' cards, that like seeing glissa, and that other packages like seeing. You could look for something like Arcbound Ravager synergies from some of the older, higher-on-the curve affinity lists, or try for Lotleth Troll/Throne of Geth or Grinding Station/Myr Servitor synergies. You could splash blue and become a Reshape toolbox deck, or Thopter Foundry combo, or red and become Trash for Treasure/Inkwell Leviathan, or go full lawful evil and make it a lantern control variant. There are oodles of possibility.
The big question is 'what do I want to retain about this shell'. The grindiness? Big creatures? Big value bauble recursion? Because depending on the answer to that question, there are a lot of possiblities.
1 month ago
1# - Don't use basic mountains. Blood Moon makes every nonbasic into plains, thus you should run Plains & swamps + your non-basics. Otherwise you will leave yourself wide open to that enchantment. And it will deny you from casting Unburial Rites from the graveyard (while making Lingering Souls into something like Krenko's Command). Fetch lands help you as they can act can get you to your basics if you get them on the field before blood moon
2# - If you want the ability to reanimate non-artifact creatures, there are candidates that are a lot stronger, like Iona, Shield of Emeria, Griselbrand, Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur. And for reanimating artifact creatures, there are better reanimation spells like Trash for Treasure
3# - You MUST have some way to answer graveyard hate. Luckily there are plenty of option in mardu colors, that accomplish this, i mean cards like Wear / Tear
4# Lightning bolt is not a removal spell. Sure sometimes it can kill creatures. But we are living in the world of Thought-Knot Seer, Hollow One, Gurmag Angler & Thing in the Ice Flip (these days Tarmogoyfdoesn't stand out that much) - thus lightning bolt is good for "bolting the bird" but not much else. You play white, PLEASE play the best 1 cmc removal spell, Path to Exile
5# If you don't get anything of discarding cards, i would advise against running 4x Cathartic Reunion, as they require you to discard 2 (which can be a problem if the game goes long), and if it gets countered you can get into a lot of trouble (if you discarded something important (like a reanimation spell), because you needed to pay the cost, to discard something you wanted to reanimate), play more Tormenting Voice - and i would add 1x Reverberate in place of 1 of those loot spells, as it can mean twice the cards drawn, or can act as a counterspell, if you copy the opponent's counterspell with it.
6# Run more than 4x reanimation spells! Those are your win conditions, if you don't get to them you are like a fish on land.
1 month ago
1 month ago
Do you ever have difficulty getting an artifact on the field for Trash for Treasure? It seems like your only targets are the two Pentad prisms.
1 month ago
1 month ago
Individual Card Comments:
- Wayfarer's Bauble - Too Slow. Each time you recur it, it still costs 2.
- Contagion Engine How many cards can be affected by proliferate? If low, I'm not sure it is worth it.
- Spine of Ish Sah - Technically it goes to the yard, then the return to hand trigger goes on the stack. Find a way to bring it back to the battlefield before the bounce trigger resolves. Sculpting Steel copying Spine will cause Steel to come back to hand when sacrificed. Very useful.
- Impact Resonance - Really specific damage. I think it removes things after you need them to be removed.
- Unstable Obelisk - Even if you bring it back, it still costs 7 mana to remove something.
- Word of Seizing - Mindslaver is a good card because it is recurrable in your deck. This isn't. There are other gain control cards that are more useful. This and mindslaver both require you to play someone else's deck, which is a gamble whether it is worth it.
- Conjurer's Closet - How many ETB creatures do you have? Is this worth it?
- Alhammarret's Archive, Reliquary Tower, and Thought Vessel - I don't think you have enough draw to really abuse any of these. For the Archive, do you have any lifegain sources?
- Darksteel Colossus - This will never hit the graveyard, so you will always be hard casting it. Not sure if that works with your gameplan. The shuffle effect is a replacement effect, not a trigger so it doesn't use the stack.
- Hoard-Smelter Dragon - Meh, only works well with high CMC artifacts, and most of the time you'll be killing your own stuff.
- Kuldotha Forgemaster - What are you going to tutor for this that will win you the game?
- Kurkesh, Onakke Ancient - Good card, but copying what activated ability will win you the game?
- Scrap Mastery - This card is gold, and is a definite win condition in your deck. Make sure you have a way to preemptively sacrifice all of your creatures/discard your hand/mill yourself for most of your deck before resolving this.
- Unwinding Clock - Good card in this deck, but how many artifacts with tap abilities can you exploit using it?
- Karn, Silver Golem - I would only keep this for any combos associated with it. In a vacuum, he's just a good blocker.
- Skyshaper - Is create for the alpha strike single shot, I've got several big ass creatures or a shitload of tiny ones, but other than to give Blightsteel Colossus evasion, is this card super impactful?
- Phyrexia's Core, and Throne of Geth - I wouldn't consider either of these sacrifice outlets, because they are single use per rotation, and the Core costs mana. If you want sacrifice outlets I'd shoot for Ashnod's Altar, Altar of Dementia, and things that say "Sacrifice a creature:."
- Dormant Volcano - From seeing it in use, seems like you only want to see it really early on.
- Carnage Altar - I know you're in red and draw is at a premium, but 3 mana for a card is not the best.
- Too much Ramp
- Not enough Draw and Removal
- Does the deck work without Daretti? If no, find a way to protect him, or other artifact recursion sources.
- You WinCon category doesn't really have many cards that win you the game, just really impactful cards. Look for combos, or Insurrection like cards, or the dreaded MLD type effects. Basically cards that, if it resolves, win you the game.
- You have a lot of categories with one or two cards in it. I'd clean those up into more general things to get a more clear idea for what you're trying to do.
- You should probably be running more utility lands.
- Think about adding some sacrifice outlets. If this is a recursion/reanimation deck, you need to be able to kill shit when you want to.
- Red is really good at making temporary tokens, specifically artifact tokens, of things. Might be worth looking into.
- I try not to include lands in categories because they aren't abusable enough to be consistent. It gives you false category numbers. If you have 10 draw cards, but 3 are lands, you really don't have enough draw. But that's just my opinion.
- I'd try to find more "to the battlefield" recursion cards, instead of to your hand. Recasting those cards every turn causes mana problems. The "to hand" effects are still good though, just slower.
- Isochron Scepter would be good with some of the spells you have like Scrap Mastery, and Trash for Treasure.
- Tuktuk the Explorer and Feldon of the Third Path go well together, but the fact that the artifact is legendary sucks.
- Turning nonartifact cards into artifacts using effects like Liquimetal Coating is an interesting direction to look into, and there are a few cards that do similar things. Probably several useful combos to do with that. Especially if you ever get the Daretti emblem.
- Do you ever plan on getting a Daretti Emblem? Obviously you would like it, but to you, is it worth dedicating some card slots into cheating out loyalty counters to get him to 10? The problem is that he will very rarely get to 10 through use of his +2 alone. And even with Contagion Engine, people will attack him before he's at 8. Just something to think about. If you get the emblem, you've very likely won the game, so that can definitely be a win condition to pursue.
- "Control" is too ambiguous. Chaos Warp, and Steel Hellkite are removal, and Liquimetal Coating is protection(?).
- Red's draw is usually the looting (draw a card, then discard a card) and pillaging (discard a card, then draw a card) effects. These also aren't great, but using artifact recursion, cards like Mind Stone become very good draw effects if you can recur them every turn/rotation. Other abusable draws are Tamiyo's Journal, and Seer's Sundial. It might suck to give other people cards, but Howling Mine may also be worth it.
- It seems counter-intuitive, but Vandalblast might be useful, especially with Scrap Mastery.
- Are there more cards that let you cheat out artifacts from your hand like Copper Gnomes, if so that sounds like an interesting direction as well. Sneak Attack comes to mind, but
- Pentavus + Blade of the Bloodchief + Ashnod's Altar = Infinite mana.
- Nim Deathmantle + Myr Battlesphere/Pentavus + Ashnod's Altar = Infinite tokens
- Combos dont have to be infinite. If you can find a way to kill and recur Scuttling Doom Engine every turn/rotation, Id consider that a combo. Anything that puts a decent clock on everyone to answer your shit is a combo to me.
1 month ago
Nice idea, but as it stands your deck is a slightly worse Affinity. I think you need more and better sacrifice outlets to speed up your plays, also your deck could be mono-red. My first thought was Infernal Plunge and Kuldotha Rebirth, Plunge is solid mana ramp spell which gives you the ability to play Pia's Revolution earlier, as for Rebirth it lets you sack an artifact and gives you 3 bodies in return.
Another great artifact sacrifice outlet is Shrapnel Blast, 5 damage followed up by another potential 3 is no laughing matter. Or how about Salvage Titan, you are never going to cast it for it's mana cost after all. My last sacrifice outlet lets red play in blacks territory; re-animator with the card Trash for Treasure.
From your deck I'd cut Goblin Boom Keg, Dispeller's Capsule, Hedron Archive and Sanctum Gargoyle for starters. If you want to have the ability to cast Metalwork Colossus then I'd recommend you look at equipment with Living Weapon cards like Flayer Husk, Mortarpod, Bonehoard and the best of them Batterskull you can sacrifice the germ then the equipment if necessary...
I hope this was of help and gives you ideas for how to improve the brew of your deck.