As an additional cost to cast Alter's Reap, sacrifice a creature.
Draw two cards.
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster (MYS1)||Common|
|Arena Cards (ARENA)||Common|
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||None|
|Duel Decks: Nissa vs. Ob Nixilis (DDR)||Common|
|Conspiracy: Take the Crown (CN2)||Common|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Common|
|Battle for Zendikar (BFZ)||Common|
|Magic 2014 (M14)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Altar's Reap occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Altar's Reap Discussion
6 days ago
Spark Harvest is probably better than Severed Strands. Crashing Centaur is a little slow for a discard outlet at six mana. The shroud is nice, but you might want to consider Bog Witch. Costly Plunder is strictly better than Altar's Reap. Talisman of Resilience is good ramp, and a wrath or two lie Crux of Fate or Damnation might be good, depending on your budget. Stitcher's Supplier is very good self mill, as is Satyr Wayfinder. Cut Windgrace Acolyte for one of those, or some other, cheaper self mill if you can't find those two. Deathgreeter does Sultai Flayer's role better than the Flayer.
1 week ago
3 weeks ago
Vault of the Archangel would be a good add if you plan to go wide. For planeswalkers, the B/W Sorins are usually a good fit for token decks, just pick what you feel is fit. Additional sac engines are usually good for Teysa such as Phyrexian Altar and Ashnod's Altar it gives you free sacs with mana which just snowballs out of control especially with a skullclamp or a pitiless plunderer out. If you want further removal, Dictate of Erebos is a must for a deck like this. Martyr's Bond is a bit expensive to cast but has an overall better effect. If you really want to focus on "death" triggers, add more zulaport-like cards such as Blood Artist, Falkenrath Noble, Vindictive Vampire. Divinity of Pride seems out of place and doesn't really do the deck any good. You're deck will be too slow and inconsistent you need to up your mana rocks to around 8-12 to ensure to at least draw it in your opening hand or to at least have two in the early game asap to get you going. I also see no early draw engine or draw cards so maybe you could try cards such as Altar's Reap for cheap draw and sac trigger in one.
1 month ago
For instant speed sacrifice there's Carrion Feeder for one mana, and Flesh-Eater Imp which costs more but has infect so it can on occasion one shot someone. Then for more value from a sacrifice there's Stronghold Assassin which in this deck lets you take out two creatures, the one you took control of and any other of your choice. Then Sadistic Hypnotist is instant speed and makes them discard. Then for card draw there's Vampiric Rites a repeatable Altar's Reap and Costly Plunder is the same as Altar's Reap. And other card draw is Bushmeat Poacher and Smothering Abomination but that last one may kill some of your creatures by accident.
1 month ago
king-saproling yeah thanks for the suggestions! I really like Pitiless Plunderer,Opal Palace, and Blade of the Bloodchief a lot! I hadn't come across those cards in my searches and they're exactly things I'm looking for!
Drana, Liberator of Malakir is definitely a great card but she's still up in the air for me. The games I've played her she's under-preformed or just died on sight. Currently Embodiment of Agonies is filling her spot as he has deathtouch and naturally ETB's with +1/+1 counters. He generally provides the same amount of P/T that Drana would except concentrated on one body.
River Kelpie is too heavy and conditional for me Grim Haruspex is better in this slot being much cheaper and providing the card draw sooner with her trigger. Disciple of Bolas could be good but I think I'd want something more like Altar's Reap if I were to do sacrifice drawing.
Thalakos Deceiver could be cool for sure but I already run Zealous Conscripts which has been really good but also I little too spicy. I've already had two games where people drop or just concede outright once I get it going.
Aetherworks Marvel seems lolsy but maybe too cute
2 months ago
Here's some change I do on my deck:
- Skullclamp -> Seal of the Guildpact : Seal of the Guildpact have too much high CMC for the value that I can gain with it, so I change with something that will make me draw a lot more cards (mostly because of Teysa's doubling trigger).
- Scheming Symmetry -> Tome of the Guildpact: Tome of the Guildpact has too much high CMC to draw a card sometimes and tap for one mana, so I prefer to use a tutor that can give me an opportunity to do some politic with someone.
- Leonin Relic-Warder -> Solemn Simulacrum: I have a lot of card that make me draw a card of make me more mana, do I decide to put an infinite combo piece in this deck.
- Animate Dead -> Ethereal Absolution: Ethereal Absolution has a high CMC only to buff a little bit my creature (and so to ruin skullclamp potential) nd to make a 1/1 spirit. I choose to put an infitie combo piece that will help me sometimes.
- Swords to Plowshares > Unmake : It's more effective!
- Generous Gift > Mortify : I can choose a permanent, so I'm not restrict to choose a creature or an enchantment.
- Idyllic Tutor > Altar's Reap : I highly prefer tutoring than drawing cards. Plus, Idyllic Tutor is not so expensive and I can choose an enchantment that will make me win easier!
- Living Death > Entreat the Dead: I will try Living Death (hey, that's my deck name!), seeing if this card will help me a lot. If it's not the case, I will change it with Entreat the Dead.
- Astral Cornucopia -> Orzhov Signet : I want to have an artifact that will make me a lot of mana, and Astral Cornucopia is something that I really want to try!
- Crypt Ghast -> Dutiful Attendant: Crypt Ghast will help me ramping my deck if I need some manas, but I keep in mind Dutiful Attendant in case I see a place for him.
A big thanks to multimedia for the tips!
2 months ago
I would get Dark Impostor in there. You could swap out Stromkirk Condemned,Vampire Hexmage, or Vampire Nocturnus. More than half your deck isn't black cards so Vampire Nocturnus might not be as handy not to mention showing your opponent your next draw is not usually advantageous.
Purphoros, God of the Forge is kinda expensive for a chance at extra damage. Consider Brutal Hordechief; relative same cost but more bang for your buck. Along with Sanctum Seeker and say Foul-Tongue Shriek you could be doing a ton of damage.
I think you really need some card draw in there but I'm not sure how to make those changes. You could use cards like Oathsworn Vampire as a way to sacrifice a creature for cards like Altar's Reap, Carnage Altar,Costly Plunder, Dredge, Merciless Resolve, Morbid Curiosity, Phyrexian Vault, Reprocess, Skulltap, or Vampiric Rites.
Idol of Oblivion could get you some extra card draw with all of Edgar's token generation.
Drana's Emissary is also nice to have early game.