|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||None|
|Duel Decks: Nissa vs. Ob Nixilis (DDR)||Common|
|Conspiracy: Take the Crown (CN2)||Common|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Common|
|Battle for Zendikar (BFZ)||Common|
|Magic 2014 (M14)||Common|
Combos Browse all
As an additional cost to cast Alter's Reap, sacrifice a creature.
Draw two cards.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (17)||ironax , frederiklw , Atroxreaper , Fiolek , Tommuz , sombrevivo , Yawkcorb , Reliva , corys , TThors , Ashy , Riku580 , Dsmonsta , mandoso , , ahobrien , CampbellStev|
|Want (13)||frederiklw , raespadas , Turtlelover73 , mini_tb , Danielj111 , CryAll , mcslicks , GoldenAgeBatman , kvfd1719 , blaze333 , RKZA , ExultantCultist94 , AlphaSp|
Altar's Reap Discussion
1 week ago
Hi Natalbee! Thanks for the suggestions.
Thallid Soothsayer was on my radar, but I think it is too low-impact with an extremely costly ability. I could be wrong, though. Do you think it's worth a second look?
I forgot about Costly Plunder! It's fairly good. I don't know if I would put it in, namely because I don't like Altar's Reap-types that need another component to be usable, but I could easily see it in a similar deck.
3 weeks ago
I can tell just by looking at this briefly that this build has been improved over time as it looks very refined. As I am not experienced with this commander, take my comments with a grain of salt as you are more of the expert here.
I wonder if you could make use of more token producers - specifically ones that make at least 3 1/1 creatures at a time in order to use Teysa's first ability on demand if she's the only creature in play. Cards that come to mind include: Sengir Autocrat, Benevolent Offering, Increasing Devotion, Entrapment Maneuver, Spectral Procession, Martial Coup.
I think more card draw effects would be nice. I'm very surprised to not see Mentor of the Meek in here. I would argue that Read the Bones is strictly better than Painful Lesson. But overall I would consider adding a few more, some that come to mind that play well are: Damnable Pact, Skeletal Scrying, Blood Divination, Altar's Reap, Ancient Craving.
I think you could use more mana ramp. Besides mana rocks, you could take advantage of treasures with cards like Pitiless Plunderer.
Not sure if you've thought about focusing on strong cards that care about low CMC. Besides Mentor of the Meek, other cool cards could be added (some would even interact with Teysa): Unearth, Sun Titan, Reveillark, Citywide Bust.
Fun cards that come to mind that you could add:
- Razaketh, the Foulblooded Not a cheap card at around $6, but could be insane in this deck.
- Archfiend of Despair - also around $6 and high cmc, but would be nuts for ending a long game quickly
- Krav, the Unredeemed I know you said you recently traded him, but it could be worth hunting down another cheap non-foil one and run him with Regna, the Redeemer.
- Bontu the Glorified and/or Oketra the True
- Athreos, God of Passage not cheap at $12, but could be useful when you don't have tokens to sacrifice
- Eliminate the Competition - very underestimated IMO
- Black Market I'm usually very picky when it comes to enchantments at 5+ CMC, but maybe this one would be worth it in a long game since it sees tokens dying.
Lastly, a few cards I think could possibility be cut for any of the above (I am often eager to cut high CMC cards btw):
- Treasury Thrull - a good effect I'll admit, but I'm just not thrilled with the 6 CMC. If reviving creatures is your main goal, something like a Hell's Caretaker's effect for less mana might be better.
- Voldaren Pariah Flip - at her cmc with that effect, I think I'd rather run a board wipe instead
- Vizkopa Confessor - looks like a fun card, but I don't like the CMC.
- Profane Command - I don't know that this should be cut, but I'd encourage you to really ask yourself which modes you typically use because you might be able to get a card with the desired mode for less mana. If X spells are a way for you close out the game, you could consider Exsanguinate or Torment of Hailfire.
- Tamiyo's Journal - looks like a fun card, but idk about the cmc, requires a long game before providing lots of value.
- Tainted Sigil - I've never seen this card before, does it pay off well? I just don't like that people can see it on the board.
Overall, very impression decklist - glad you rebuilt it. Eager to face it next week.
3 weeks ago
I think you are too reliant of saccing your creatures.
You will often have to sac something you didn't want to, or worse, be unable to play those cards when you are top-decking.
4 weeks ago
Costly Plunder and Altar's Reap fit the theme, but still seem quite weak. If you need the extra card draw, I would swap them out for Phyrexian Arena and Deathreap Ritual, which are more consistent and will draw you more cards over time.
4 weeks ago
1 month ago
Love the deck! Although I get the synergy with the Sac stuff, why use Altar's Reap over Night's Whisper? I think the Cyclers could get cut, they slow you down quite a bit with no real benefit, unlike Scoured Barrens. What are the justifications for the sideboard choices? I'm considering building this in paper, fyi.
1 month ago
Daarkest, thank you for advice! It is very welcome! I thought about Commune because It can dig deeper, but i chose Grapple instead because Im afraid of a possible accidentaly mill by Satyr Wayfinder. And is instant speed. But I'll give it a shot!
Altar's Reap is definitely an interesting card!! I didn't know that card and its instant speed!!
1 month ago
Jessiquinha Commune with the Gods is great because it can grab a Rhizome Lurcher (my favorite Guilds of Ravnica card btw) and throw some other creatures into the yard to use to bulk him up. I'd try Altar's Reap instead of Night's Whisper because once again, it can put creatures in the graveyard. Test out the suggestions and see how you fell with them. Great deck too! +1