|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Rile deals 1 damage to target creature you control. That creature gains trample until end of turn.
Draw a card.
2 months ago
Looks like a great start!
You're missing a few of the card-draw cards that really make this deck competitive. I'd recommend you add Renegade Tactics and Panic are the main ones you're missing, and the deck can't get enough of them. I even considered running Rile , but it's a bit risky.
I just wanted to make sure you knew that copied spells off of Zada won't trigger Prowess and other "Cast" triggers. They're still fine cards, but maybe not as effective as you maybe thought.
I see you're also playing Goblin Freerunner . Since Zada doubles up as an ally, I take advantage of that by also playing Akoum Flameseeker and Ondu Champion for some recurring fixing and trample-giving. They are pretty reliable with Zada.
It's not necessarily synergistic with Zada, but Rites of Initiation is an awesome finisher with all the card draw we do.
Here's a link to my list. I went with a more Goblin Tribal theme that has been shredding through opponents so far. I'd like to see what you think! Zada, Card Advantage Grinder
3 months ago
So I'm in the lucky situation to have two copies of Feather, the Redeemed . I already do have a pretty basic feather buildthat isn't uploaded here, but I'd like to have a second more unusual Feather deck.
The idea is to combine Feather with cards like Boros Reckoner and Truefire Captain and spells like Rile to deal lots of damage without ever needing to attack. I'll add a list of fitting cards soon, but I don't have a finished one yet:
Commander / EDH*
1 VIEW | IN 1 FOLDER
What do you guys think? Is this a viable deck idea? Do you have card suggestions? I'm happy to listen to any of this, but I'll be off to holiday until tuesday and won't have any internet there, so forgive me if I don't answer until then.
4 months ago
I think Wee Dragonauts was made for this kind of deck. Perhaps Ghitu Lavarunner and Rile could help, and Stealth Mission could be entertaining as it could boost Dreadhorde Arcanist among other things, which could bring Stealth Mission back and such. Overall, This deck looks pretty fun, good picks!!
4 months ago
I am unreasonably hype for Fists of Flame.
Blindblast is going in too - I know other people lean more into the Goblins theme, but I wanted to lean hard into the "Will survive a Rile , Flare , or Zap " side of things with garbage like Orcish Conscripts and Phyrexian Walker. So Blindblast is going to be nice.
There's that new Goblin War Party as well.
Zada's about to get a lot better.
5 months ago
Hey, Samut's Sprint is a really good pump spell with Feather. Instant, haste, +2 pump, scry 1 for one mana. Consider 4x Sprint? Dreadhorde Arcanist is another way to reuse instants and sorceries if you don't have Feather on the battlefield. If you do have Feather then any instant or sorcery cast from your graveyard with Arcanist's attack ability that targets a creature triggers Feather's exile ability first. The spell never goes to the graveyard to be exiled. That's a pretty powerful interaction.
Tenth District Legionnaire and Feather with pump spells seems busted especially with scry. Consider 4x Legionnaire? I like the additional of Assure as a protection spell/pump spell. Sheltering Light is also good since only one mana and scry 1. Rile is a sorcery to playtest because with Feather it's one mana draw a card on each of your turns that also can give Legionnaire or Gideon trample. Aurelia, Exemplar of Justice is good with Feather and Legionnaire since they're creatures meaning Aurelia can give one of them +2 pump, trample and vigilance until EoT. Giving trample to Legionnaire makes it a real threat.
Gideon's Sacrifice and Solar Blaze are good cards, but I don't think you need 4x of them main deck. With Strike's draw and scry from many different sources consider more of a toolbox of spells? Cards like Sacrifice and Blaze seem excellent in the toolbox. Other cards that could be in the toolbox are Rile, Sheltering Light, Reckless Rage , Deafening Clarion , Justiciar's Portal, Conclave Tribunal. I think even though Tribunal doesn't have interaction with Feather it's going to be an important main deck removal spell because it hits Planeswalkers. The same can be said for Lava Coil (exile) and Lightning Strike (any target).
Integrity / Intervention is very lackluster. Boros Guildgate is not good because it ETB tapped, not worth playing. Consider cutting it for more basic lands, 3x Plains and 1x Mountain? More basic lands helps Retreat which is a much better land.
5 months ago
After playing last night, I get the feeling that the deck is being pulled into too many different directions. My advice is to lean into the cantrip effects while protecting Feather and the other creatures, and try to win through combat as soon as possible. I think that the token subtheme is solid, but I'd chuck the redirect shenanigans. It would make for a good laugh when/if it finally goes off, but the combo is too fragile, too expensive, and takes up way too many card slots.
My suggestions (in no particular order):
- Gods Willing - Card draw/protection
- Balduvian Rage - Card draw/damage (potentially lethal)
- Niveous Wisps - Card draw/tap down a big creature if you sense that it will be coming at you next combat
- Panic - Card draw/get through a blocker
- Rile - Card draw/trample
- Chaos Warp - Turn tokens into value or deal with an enemy threat
- Samut's Sprint - Set up a card draw with the scry/more damage
- Shelter - Card draw/protection
- Vanguard of Brimaz - Token generation
- Boros Charm - Will likely be used to protect your board state, but could also be used to finish off an opponent(s)
- Aurelia's Fury - Can be abused repeatedly by just pinging one of your creatures/can be used as a finisher
- Seize the Day - Repeatable extra combats
- Ajani's Presence - Protection
- Balefire Liege - Lifegain and extra damage while buffing your creatures
- Iroas, God of Victory - Menace and damage prevention when you're swinging. Definitely.
- Titan's Strength - More damage/Scry to set up card draw
- Valorous Stance - Protection/Destroy an enemy threat
- Guided Strike - Card draw/might be able to first strike surprise someone
- Temur Battle Rage - Finisher
- Accelerate - Card draw/haste
- Grapeshot - You'll be casting enough cheap spells that this could be a finisher
- Swiftfoot Boots - Feather is key to the strategy, so hexproof is going to be very useful. I wouldn't bother with Lightning Greaves though.
- Aetherflux Reservoir - Definitely. Lifegain and one-shotting an opponent.
- Fellwar Stone - R/W are the two least played, so you may have more trouble getting what you want, but more mana is rarely bad.
- Darksteel Ingot - Colored mana rock
- Purphoros, God of the Forge - On the fence with this one, but I think you have enough token generation to warrant him.
- Twinflame - Multiple Heroic trigger and synergizes well with Purphoros
- Spawning Breath - Puke up tokens for ramp/Purph triggers. Bonus points if you proc Heroic.
- Assemble the Legion - Another iffy card that I'd probably only run with the Purph package. It pretty much has to be answered or it will get out of control, but it takes time.
- Skullclamp - Plenty of tokens to draw cards off of. May already have enough card draw, if there is such a thing. Test to find out.
- Bathe in Light - Protection for likely many of your creatures, but no card draw, and it doesn't protect against board wipes.
- Grand Abolisher - We aren't a particularly counter-heavy meta, but I think this might warrant an include to protect from getting hit with a 2-for-1 destroy spell in response to your targeting your creature with a spell. This deck will be reliant on swinging hard every turn.
- Duergar Hedge-Mage - We have a pretty enchantment/artifact heavy meta, but if you are fast enough, it may not matter.
- Runaway Steam-Kin - Useful for storing up some red mana for those X spells, but there aren't many in the deck currently.
- Vandalblast - cough Meta cough
- Soul's Fire - Good way to finish someone off, if you can't get through easily. Might not be necessary.
- Emerge Unscathed - Protection. The free cast is nice, but lacks the card draw.
- Sentinel Tower - Iffy on this one, but I think you'll cast enough spells to make this valuable.
- Graceful Reprieve - ETB triggers/"Protection". Definitely better than Gift of Immortality in this deck, but you should be able to keep your creatures alive without needing this.
- Teferi's Protection - Dodging boardwipes is useful, but this may be unnecessary. No way of abusing Feather's ability here.
- Gilded Lotus - Colored mana rock, but with such a low average CMC, this may not be necessary relative to the cost.
- Fell the Mighty - Board wipe that will let you keep at least something of yours. Test to see if it is necessary. You may be able to outpace opponents without it.
- Austere Command - Value city. Likely to be used to wipe other threats while keeping your own. Test to see if it is necessary. You may be able to outpace opponents without it.
- Chandra's Ignition - paired with one of the spells that give protection or indestructible, and targeting a heavy hitter, you can wipe everyone else's creatures and keep your own. Might be too heavy-handed, but probably worth testing.
- Bandage - Card draw/possible protection. The protection seems a bit weak, so I'd only add it, if you feel that you're stalling out on card draw.
- Heal - Card draw/possible protection The protection seems a bit weak, so I'd only add it, if you feel that you're stalling out on card draw.
- Crowd's Favor - Not sure that it does enough to warrant a card slot, especially without drawing you a card.
- Galvanic Blast - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Liberate - Currently, the only ETB effects in the deck are Captain of the Watch and Stuffy Doll 's choose a player clause, both of which I would recommend cutting. It would synergize with the Purph package, but even still I'm not sure it warrants a spot, given all the protection you already have.
- Lightning Bolt - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Lightning Strike - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Magnetic Theft - There are currently only two equipments in the deck, and you're unlikely to face too many equipments in our meta, since your decks make up most of the equipment in said meta.
- Shock - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Authority of the Consuls - The small amount of lifegain is unlikely to be needed. The hatebear effect is too easy to play around.
- Gift of Immortality - This card doesn't synergize with much of anything. You're better off running protection spells that Feather can return to your hand.
- Guilty Conscience - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Indestructibility - With as many instants that give a creature indestructible, this card seems unnecessary and only serves to slow the deck down.
- Pariah - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Shielded by Faith - With as many instants that give a creature indestructible, this card seems unnecessary and only serves to slow the deck down.
- Boros Reckoner - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Captain of the Watch - There are only 3 other soldiers in the deck. She might (barely) make the cut, if you had Purphoros, but I'd likely still cut her.
- Coalhauler Swine - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Fabled Hero - Basically, just a beater. I'd much rather proc the other Heroic triggers in order to get tokens to protect against forced sacrifice effects.
- Firesong and Sunspeaker - You have 1 white spell that can trigger this, and that is if you swords your own creature. You have 6 (cut to 2 with these suggestions) red spells that will gain you life. Using Blasphemous Act to gain a bunch of life is neat, but lifegain in Commander is often negligible due to commander damage, and with so few ways of actually triggering this card at all, it definitely doesn't make the cut.
- Stuffy Doll - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Truefire Captain - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Fire Diamond - Not terrible when you get it early, but coming in tapped is going to feel bad when you need the mana that turn.
- Marble Diamond - Not terrible when you get it early, but coming in tapped is going to feel bad when you need the mana that turn.
- Pariah's Shield - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Pearl Medallion - Not enough high CMC white cards to warrant this, especially since it doesn't discount the color cost.
- Chain Lightning - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
6 months ago
6 months ago
I'd definitely recommend having Fling in the deck, as with Disciple of the Vault + Reckless Fireweaver you will bring the opponent within range quickly. Crash Through will give you a replacement card as well as gives your Atog a way to crunch in for the finishing blow, Rile being another option.
Rile occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%