|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human Knight
Protection from black
Crusading Knight gets +1/+1 for each Swamp your opponents control.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Crusading Knight Discussion
3 months ago
All right! Great to see knights being built and used successfully! And I'm really glad to see an Allay in here!
4 months ago
Crusading Knight plus Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth makes for a ridiculously large attacker or defender. I also enjoy Helm of the Host and Blackblade Reforged. Honestly haven't been able to get helm of the host into a useful position in commander, but it was really fun in sealed and draft...
Blackblade though, you put that on a knight like Elenda, the Dusk Rose and it becomes pure value that must be dealt with (and they'd most likely exile the dearned thing, but still, that could keep your other knights alive for a fair while.
And if we did Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, then Cabal Coffers and Cabal Stronghold get you into mana for days realms. Put a Crypt Ghast in and suddenly you get a bunch more black mana than you know what to do with...
1 year ago
You're first problem is that this says it is "standard" not "commander".
Now lets start with suggestions.
Cards that let it block more creatures so that trigger happens more, like from my Zhao Zilong, Tiger General deck.
One problem. nothing that makes things black that I can find. Darkest Hour if you don't mind being a huge cheater.
2 years ago
Thanks for the suggestion MagicMarc. I didn't know about Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth. That sounds like so much fun! I like keeping it very budget, but might be persuaded to splurge a little. ;) I will have to keep my eye out for one and maybe mainboard Crusading Knight. Been having a lot of fun with this deck since the last revision and the only time I lost was when I was short on swamps.
2 years ago
+1 for the Maggot. Love Takklemaggot decks. I noticed you have Crusading Knight in the sideboard. That card has great synergy with Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth. With Urborg in play all of your opponent's lands count as swamps. And Urborg would help you get black mana when you need it too. Takes it out of the budget realm though if you don't have a few laying around.
2 years ago
So I'm bored and I literally just Gatherer searched for white humans :) I'm basically just throwing things at you and hoping some will stick. There's more humans here than you'll know what to do with, but I'm confident that you'll find use out of some of them.
So, without further adieu, here are 51 out of the 644 humans that I looked through.
- Consul's Lieutenant to help your creatures deal more damage
- Hanweir Militia Captain Flip to benefit from your many weenies
- Academy Rector for tutoring
- Aegis of the Gods to protect you
- Auriok Champion is the long-lost Sister
- Avacynian Priest isn't toooo good, but flavor!
- Banisher Priest to get rid of things you hate
- Bastion Protector to be Mikaeus' Bodygruard
- Cho-Manno, Revolutionary because who likes damage, anyway?
- Containment Priest hates Cheatyfaces who play with the graveyard or put creatures on the battlefield from their library. N.B.: tokens are still safe
- Crusader of Odric cause you already have both editions of Odric ;)
- Crusading Knight laughs at Doom Blade
- Darien, King of Kjeldor because, while his peeps are not actually humans, they kinda are...?
- Devoted Caretaker protects your creatures
- Elite Inquisitor is flavorful, and not too bad
- Evangel of Heliod because HOLY CRAP
- Fabled Hero is pretty great cough double strike cough cough heroic cough
- Favored Hoplite is one of my favorite one-drops
- Fencing Ace for flavor (he studied under the Mentor of the Meek, probably) and double strike
- Fiend Hunter is another Banisher Priest
- Fiendslayer Paladin has some sweet artwork. Honestly, that alone should count for a lot. Oh yeah, he's also good!
- Frontline Medic to grant indestructible
- Geist-Honored Monk is slightly better than Crusader of Odric
- Gideon's Avenger is sure to get big
- Glowrider is Thalia's BFF
- Grand Abolisher... hehehe
- Hero of Bladehold loves going wide
- Intrepid Hero punishes green
- Kjeldoran Royal Guard takes one (read: all) for the team
- Kongming, "Sleeping Dragon" because we love creature buffs!
- Lightwielder Paladin could be very rude
- Lost Order of Jarkeld is yet another Crusader
- Masako the Humorless... I can't think of a witty comment for this one :/
- Mother of Runes to protect her children
- Northern Paladin is racist (the irony!)
- Oracle en-Vec reads like a novel, but the end is well worth it
- Oracle's Attendants acts like Kjeldoran Royal Guard
- Order of the Sacred Torch because you are now playing blue
- Paladin en-Vec has built-in protection from red and black
- Preacher gives some very long sermons
- Precinct Captain has lots of friends
- Ranger of Eos because you have weenies
- Riders of Gavony, against tribal, is very effective
- Serene Master is probably the funniest blocker
- Serra Ascendant... if it weren't banned :(
- Soul's Attendant wants to be with her Sister
- Student of Warfare is good, but will be a target because it looks different (like in junior high)
- Transcendent Master, exactly the same way
- True Believer is Aegis' older brother
- Veteran Armorer buffs up your creatures
- Village Bell-Ringer is a better-looking Quazimodo that scares your creatures into blocking
And that's it :D
2 years ago
I made a deck very similar to this deck with Sigarda, Host of Herons as my commander and did not have the exalted in it.
Concerted Effort is great for most decks with white in them.
Zhalfirin Commander is a great knight that can pump him self or others
Iona, Shield of Emeria is not an EDH card and is just a sign that says target me