|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|2010 Core Set (M10)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human Knight
First strike (This creature deals combat damage before creatures without first strike.)
Whenever Lightwielder Paladin deals combat damage to a player, you may exile target black or red permanent that player controls.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (37)||Tiddilywinkus , EliGjerdingen , failurechild88 , Lindough , accioali , Ellyreia , KipIsKosher , Kravian , Nemesis , ThisIsBullshit , Rez09 , Snydog17 , Atroxreaper , KB2187 , darthnuchi , ecurps , machiavelli2081 , GoldGhost012 , Tommuz , ironax , Lucretian , Axtel , Supremespeed , Reliva , damo_rox , duff87 , Riku580 , mziter501 , mcstang1986 , Kleptozaniac , Zelpoke , yerfdog1935 , bakeraj4 , Bluboltar , Mortiferus_Rosa , sirbar , MagnaAura|
|Want (31)||Izmagnus , Turtlelover73 , TheLegend0713 , Devman37 , Berilio , xanadus , hensonk , CoastWizard , Anfalas , Raboni , Gypsyhatten , paytongamer , Nerukad , LePtitNabot , Pogo0o , bassgdae , Icywaffles , LennyTheStick , killzoid23 , king0fclubs , esporia , jtwood , jimc1664 , masterglencour , jp262 , hgualtieri425 , mattlovet , kungfurabbi , Wopenras , kodie53 , OriginalBlue|
Lightwielder Paladin Discussion
6 months ago
Good_knight Well I really don't know what you have so that makes things harder. I can offer some suggestions but that kind of depends on your meta. What is your playgroup like or are you talking about local game store? Do you play 1v1 or more?
If your 1v1 I suggest more spot removal. This should help you buy time to get your engine online. There are a ton of cheap options as white and black are good for this. If you have a local game store near buy, you might be able to do get these pretty easy. Afterlife, Swords to Plowshares, Blazing Hope, Crib Swap, Mortify, Profane Procession (this would be a good card for this deck even when you move beyond it simple trickets). Unmake, Walk the Plank, Go for the Throat. You get the idea.
Ok so some ideas for improving your creature pool. I tried to keep this pretty cheap. Dauntless Bodyguard, Chieftain en-Dal, Fiendslayer Paladin, Kinsbaile Cavalier, Knight of Dusk (A great cheap card for this deck. Just make sure you always have the mana up to destroy. Since it can be played at instant speed you can kill their creature after blockers are declared and damage is done. This is one of the reasons you should wait until second main to play nonessential spells. Lightwielder Paladin, Knight of Sursi, Mirror Entity, Pentarch Paladin.
Artifacts and lands: Whip of Erebos, Fellwar Stone, Rupture Spire, Path of Ancestry Unclaimed Territory . If you want to splurge a little bit get an Isochron Scepter and put something like Go for the Throat on it.
This are just suggestions. Take all or some. On August 10th the new preconstructed Commander decks come out. In the past these have been pretty awesome for right out of the box. You can always tailor make them. They are normally worth well over the MSRP.
Also don't let the prices here scare you too much. They are just a generalization. You could go to tcgplayer and get better values. Even after you choose, they can optimize your cart to get a lower value.
1 year ago
Would Lightwielder Paladin be too expensive for this deck?
2 years ago
En de COP's, EN de ROP's zijn een beetje dubbelop. Ik zou persoonlijk kiezen voor de COP's dankzij de activatie van 1.
Iona en Llwan ga je nog wel op terug komen hoop ik. Ik denk dat het deck an sich ook al goed is en deze twee breken het deck. n speler hosen ok. maar n speler het hele spel deny'en gaat wel een beetje ver.
Martyr's Cry is goede removal, maar de card advantage is ook stevig. Ik denk dat je de tegenstanders te veel gaat geven.
Glory heeft het nadeel dat je hem eerst de GY in moet krijgen, dat kan nog wel eens een lastige zijn aangezien je meerdere goede removal targets hebt.
Misdirection past niet helemaal in het deck (nee je kan de blue niet veranderen in een andere kleur)
De kaarten die ik voornamelijk mis zijn de volgende: - Tidal Visionary (1-drop en kleur veranderen) - Exorcist (Gaaf en goedkoop, need I say more) - Order of the Sacred Torch (Witte countermagic!) - Insight (Prima card advantage) - Lightwielder Paladin (Flinke jongen met een goede exile ability) - Eventueel nog Stormtide Leviathan
2 years ago
So I'm bored and I literally just Gatherer searched for white humans :) I'm basically just throwing things at you and hoping some will stick. There's more humans here than you'll know what to do with, but I'm confident that you'll find use out of some of them.
So, without further adieu, here are 51 out of the 644 humans that I looked through.
- Consul's Lieutenant to help your creatures deal more damage
- Hanweir Militia Captain Flip to benefit from your many weenies
- Academy Rector for tutoring
- Aegis of the Gods to protect you
- Auriok Champion is the long-lost Sister
- Avacynian Priest isn't toooo good, but flavor!
- Banisher Priest to get rid of things you hate
- Bastion Protector to be Mikaeus' Bodygruard
- Cho-Manno, Revolutionary because who likes damage, anyway?
- Containment Priest hates Cheatyfaces who play with the graveyard or put creatures on the battlefield from their library. N.B.: tokens are still safe
- Crusader of Odric cause you already have both editions of Odric ;)
- Crusading Knight laughs at Doom Blade
- Darien, King of Kjeldor because, while his peeps are not actually humans, they kinda are...?
- Devoted Caretaker protects your creatures
- Elite Inquisitor is flavorful, and not too bad
- Evangel of Heliod because HOLY CRAP
- Fabled Hero is pretty great cough double strike cough cough heroic cough
- Favored Hoplite is one of my favorite one-drops
- Fencing Ace for flavor (he studied under the Mentor of the Meek, probably) and double strike
- Fiend Hunter is another Banisher Priest
- Fiendslayer Paladin has some sweet artwork. Honestly, that alone should count for a lot. Oh yeah, he's also good!
- Frontline Medic to grant indestructible
- Geist-Honored Monk is slightly better than Crusader of Odric
- Gideon's Avenger is sure to get big
- Glowrider is Thalia's BFF
- Grand Abolisher... hehehe
- Hero of Bladehold loves going wide
- Intrepid Hero punishes green
- Kjeldoran Royal Guard takes one (read: all) for the team
- Kongming, "Sleeping Dragon" because we love creature buffs!
- Lightwielder Paladin could be very rude
- Lost Order of Jarkeld is yet another Crusader
- Masako the Humorless... I can't think of a witty comment for this one :/
- Mother of Runes to protect her children
- Northern Paladin is racist (the irony!)
- Oracle en-Vec reads like a novel, but the end is well worth it
- Oracle's Attendants acts like Kjeldoran Royal Guard
- Order of the Sacred Torch because you are now playing blue
- Paladin en-Vec has built-in protection from red and black
- Preacher gives some very long sermons
- Precinct Captain has lots of friends
- Ranger of Eos because you have weenies
- Riders of Gavony, against tribal, is very effective
- Serene Master is probably the funniest blocker
- Serra Ascendant... if it weren't banned :(
- Soul's Attendant wants to be with her Sister
- Student of Warfare is good, but will be a target because it looks different (like in junior high)
- Transcendent Master, exactly the same way
- True Believer is Aegis' older brother
- Veteran Armorer buffs up your creatures
- Village Bell-Ringer is a better-looking Quazimodo that scares your creatures into blocking
And that's it :D
2 years ago
i would recommend against Brimaz, King of Oreskos because it will kill the copies when it has myriad. and for that matter, all the "when ~ attacks..." triggers dont happen for the miriad copy since they enter already attacking, so i would shift to a more "when ~ does damage to a player.." effects. i really like the idea of Hydra Omnivore with myriad. that is pretty awesome.
side idea: creatures with Renown. you get the trigger when it deals damage, and you could use Valeron Wardens to draw mad cards.
otherwise, Slith Predator, Slith Ascendant, Spawnwrithe, sword of ___ (basically any of them), Wayfaring Temple, Augury Adept, Blinding Angel, Caustic Wasps, Celestial Mantle, Dawning Purist, Lightwielder Paladin, Living Hive!!!, Ohran Viper, Precinct Captain, Quietus Spike, and Relic Seeker .. to name a few. also, all the old inistrad vampires like Bloodcrazed Neonate have that interaction as well, although you arent playing red.
or you could use cards with Exalted like Sublime Archangel because the trigger happens on declaration of attack before the copies come in with myriad.