|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Seventh Edition (7ED)||Rare|
|Fourth Edition (4ED)||Rare|
|4th Edition Foreign Black Border (4EDFBB)||Rare|
|Revised Edition (3ED)||Rare|
|Revised Foreign Black Border (3EDFBB)||Rare|
|Unlimited Edition (2ED)||Rare|
|Collector's Edition (CED)||Rare|
|International Collector's Edition (CEI)||Rare|
|Limited Edition Beta (LEB)||Rare|
|Limited Edition Alpha (LEA)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human Knight
, : Destroy target black permanent.
Northern Paladin Discussion
6 months ago
It's more of a control build, using Dromar as an enabler as well as a staller. Incorporating cards like Darkest Hour to change the colors of all creature to black than using Dromar's ability to bounce all creatures.
There are a couple cards that works with this synergy like:
Not to mention with the color hacking synergy you can run cards like:
- Devout Lightcaster - Fun to bounce and redo again and again
- Circle of Protection: Black
- Major Teroh
- Northern Paladin
- Tsabo's Assassin
- Mother of Runes
It's a fun kind of cool theme, there are a lot of color hating cards in the old days, so changing the color of the board and color haxing things is pretty funny. Although you do need quite a bit of mana to work, so Esper colors do rely quite a bit of rocks.
What do you peeps think?
1 year ago
würd empfehle(aus idee): Sigiled Sword of Valeron Gallant Cavalry Kinsbaile Cavalier Josu Vess, Lich Knight Fiendslayer Paladin History of Benalia Eastern Paladin Western Paladin Northern Paladin Southern Paladin Knight of Dawn Door of Destinies Stoneforge Masterwork Sword of the Animist Gideon, Ally of Zendikar Retribution of the Meek
2 years ago
I'm looking to compile a list or something of every card that specifically hates a color out. Things like Northern Paladin / Southern Paladin / Eastern Paladin / Western Paladin , Choke, Virtue's Ruin , Flashfires, Boil, Stench of Evil etc. Thanks in advance!
2 years ago
Thanks for the suggestion ! Unfortunately, I can't rely on Darkest Hour to be on board. In my meta, I can't expect it to stay more than two turns so keep it for a combo. So instead of Northern Paladin I'd play something like Avatar of Woe. It fits well in the removal side of this deck, i'll see if i can include something like that. Triad of Fates however I find too slow without any ways to untap it several times but the ability to either blink or draw is very nice so I'll see if I have one somewhere ;)
2 years ago
Not a bad start! If you're making all creatures black with Darkest Hour, wouldn't it be fun to add Northern Paladin? Would fit well with the theme of targeted removal. Maybe Triad of Fates would be nice too for both some of your and all of your opponents' creatures (it's an excellent card for diplomacy).
2 years ago
There are a bunch of weird old cards in white. They are not the best/most efficient but Hand of Justice is probably playable, Northern Paladin, Drought and Justice are situational but hilarious sometimes.
Bodyguard works well with things that give protection/indestructible.
I'm sure there are a bunch more but those are the ones I remember off hand.
2 years ago
Man, I know, but I had to show some restraint and not play another 5-color deck. I may actually add Invoke Prejudice to my 5C enchantress deck, though. It's annoying as hell. One thing that I am definitely going to add next revision is Mass Calcify. Great flavor.
Also, dunno about your meta, but Lifeforce is actually amazing in my playgroups. There are always at least 2 decks with black. If I can resolve Seedborn Muse with any paladins or Lifeforce or Deathgrip etc. this deck swaps from "look at the funny Northern Paladin to. "oh... shit." If I could just find a copy of Scuttlemutt...
3 years ago
So I'm bored and I literally just Gatherer searched for white humans :) I'm basically just throwing things at you and hoping some will stick. There's more humans here than you'll know what to do with, but I'm confident that you'll find use out of some of them.
So, without further adieu, here are 51 out of the 644 humans that I looked through.
- Consul's Lieutenant to help your creatures deal more damage
- Hanweir Militia Captain Flip to benefit from your many weenies
- Academy Rector for tutoring
- Aegis of the Gods to protect you
- Auriok Champion is the long-lost Sister
- Avacynian Priest isn't toooo good, but flavor!
- Banisher Priest to get rid of things you hate
- Bastion Protector to be Mikaeus' Bodygruard
- Cho-Manno, Revolutionary because who likes damage, anyway?
- Containment Priest hates Cheatyfaces who play with the graveyard or put creatures on the battlefield from their library. N.B.: tokens are still safe
- Crusader of Odric cause you already have both editions of Odric ;)
- Crusading Knight laughs at Doom Blade
- Darien, King of Kjeldor because, while his peeps are not actually humans, they kinda are...?
- Devoted Caretaker protects your creatures
- Elite Inquisitor is flavorful, and not too bad
- Evangel of Heliod because HOLY CRAP
- Fabled Hero is pretty great cough double strike cough cough heroic cough
- Favored Hoplite is one of my favorite one-drops
- Fencing Ace for flavor (he studied under the Mentor of the Meek, probably) and double strike
- Fiend Hunter is another Banisher Priest
- Fiendslayer Paladin has some sweet artwork. Honestly, that alone should count for a lot. Oh yeah, he's also good!
- Frontline Medic to grant indestructible
- Geist-Honored Monk is slightly better than Crusader of Odric
- Gideon's Avenger is sure to get big
- Glowrider is Thalia's BFF
- Grand Abolisher... hehehe
- Hero of Bladehold loves going wide
- Intrepid Hero punishes green
- Kjeldoran Royal Guard takes one (read: all) for the team
- Kongming, "Sleeping Dragon" because we love creature buffs!
- Lightwielder Paladin could be very rude
- Lost Order of Jarkeld is yet another Crusader
- Masako the Humorless... I can't think of a witty comment for this one :/
- Mother of Runes to protect her children
- Northern Paladin is racist (the irony!)
- Oracle en-Vec reads like a novel, but the end is well worth it
- Oracle's Attendants acts like Kjeldoran Royal Guard
- Order of the Sacred Torch because you are now playing blue
- Paladin en-Vec has built-in protection from red and black
- Preacher gives some very long sermons
- Precinct Captain has lots of friends
- Ranger of Eos because you have weenies
- Riders of Gavony, against tribal, is very effective
- Serene Master is probably the funniest blocker
- Serra Ascendant... if it weren't banned :(
- Soul's Attendant wants to be with her Sister
- Student of Warfare is good, but will be a target because it looks different (like in junior high)
- Transcendent Master, exactly the same way
- True Believer is Aegis' older brother
- Veteran Armorer buffs up your creatures
- Village Bell-Ringer is a better-looking Quazimodo that scares your creatures into blocking
And that's it :D
No data for this card yet.