Whenever you cast a noncreature spell, creatures you control get +1/+1 until end of turn. Untap those creatures.
Whenever you cast a noncreature spell, you may draw a card. If you do, discard a card.
|Have (3)||TheAnnihilator , VioVoid , metalmagic|
|Want (2)||jdwarhead , tini|
Printings View all
|Khans of Tarkir (KTK)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Jeskai Ascendancy Discussion
5 days ago
jaymc1130 I'm honestly going to have to invest in Muddle the Mixture that's some affordable tech right there lol. As is, my play group frowns on infinite combos, but allows this one for me because I don't run a way to tutor for it, and when it happens I'm doing big things, like creating a million 1/1 spirits and killing with Impact Tremors, or casting it a million times to Aetherflux Reservoir everyone to death, or drawing my while deck with Whirlwind of Thought, Jeskai Ascendancy, Chromatic Orrery, or Idol of Oblivion and winning with Jace, Wielder of Mysteries, or drawing out Approach of the Second Sun twice, or if I'm feeling particularly cheesy I'll make a million mana and draw the game with Earthquake. I just love how unlike most infinite combos it lets me win the game in a bunch of crazy ways and I love the fact that the cards are amazing on their own, if my group asks me not to use the infinite combo I'll just slap a counterspell on that bad boy and get real mean lol
1 week ago
Hey, nice version of Elsha. I saw your forum topic asking for help with cuts.
Six cards to cut to make 100 cards:
- Remember the Fallen: lackluster recursion.
- Danitha Capashen, Paragon: doesn't reduce all artifact casting costs only equipment which makes her not as good as other cost reducers since she doesn't work with the Top combo.
- Krenko, Tin Street Kingpin: creature who's not good enough to disrupt Elsha.
- Ghostly Prison: I don't think you need both Prison and Propaganda, one could be cut.
- Blackblade Reforged: only good if you have a lot of lands, but you don't want a lot of lands with Elsha.
- Basilisk Collar: not a fan unless you're playing ways to take advantage of deathtouch and you can get lifelink from better equipment.
When you want more cuts look to reducing some redundancy:
- Puresteel Paladin is much better than Brass Squire.
- Padeem, Consul of Innovation is much better than Leonin Abunas.
- Sword of Vengeance is better with Elsha than Sigiled Sword of Valeron and Batterskull for vigilance since also gives trample. Valeron is a supbar equipment for the same costs as Vengeance and Batterskull not giving evasion is a big drawback.
- Hammer of Nazahn is better than Darksteel Plate.
All the Swords in the cycle can be good for different budgets, but when you have the three better expensive price ones then you don't need to play the others. Sword of Body and Mind, Sword of War and Peace, Sword of Truth and Justice are not as good as the others and could be cut.
Some cards to consider adding:
- Enlightened Tutor, Whir of Invention, Reshape, Fabricate: tutor for an equipment or Top.
- Foundry Inspector, Cloud Key: other artifact mana cost reducers for the combo with Top.
- Izzet Signet, Azorius Signet, Boros Signet: add the Signets in place of lands.
- Jeskai Ascendancy: is like giving Elsha pseudo vigilance with instant speed surprise untap/pump her to block and draw.
Good luck with your deck.
1 week ago
Have you considered Kyren Negotiations? For me, that card, especially coupled with Jeskai Ascendancy has killed whole tables. Just being able to tap the spirits before I use them for mana and then get damage through? It has been delicious.
1 week ago
This is an interesting build. You might like these: Flurry of Wings, Beck / Call, Docent of Perfection Flip, Murmuring Mystic, Keep Watch, Mindmoil, Arjun, the Shifting Flame, The Locust God, Chasm Skulker, Jeskai Ascendancy, Ogre Battledriver, Shared Animosity, Ohran Frostfang, Druids' Repository, Reconnaissance Mission, Derevi, Empyrial Tactician
2 weeks ago
gavriel1136 - It definitely could be good enough. While a lot of my individual threats don't begin as large enough power where the extra damage (mainly provided by granting the equipped creature double strike) is that significant, there are probably sufficient ways to boost them up that it could be worthwhile. Cathars' Crusade, Jeskai Ascendancy, and Shared Animosity can each make even small creatures scary threats, and some creatures also have prowess which can turn them into much larger threats. That being said, I would need to find a cut. I think a likely candidate is Primal Amulet Flip. The card has felt kind of slow and clunky in this deck. In addition, the four-drop slot is way too crowded right now in this list, so this would help relieve some of the pressure on that slot.
3 weeks ago
cards that might help with card draw would be Sensei's Divining Top Jeskai Ascendancy and maybe a Mystic Remora and then Otherworld Atlas and Temple Bell are 2 that help everyone so you might be able to use them for politicking and other win cons with Elsha i've seen are using Isochron Scepter and Dramatic Reversal to go infinite and then use that to get a Aetherflux Reservoir up and running or bounce back everyone else's board with Temporal Fissure and then there's Scroll of the Masters to make it even easier to make Elsha a one shot with your Manifold Key
1 month ago
Looks good so far. You might like these: Merfolk Looter, Thought Courier, Glint-Horn Buccaneer, Frantic Search, Burning Inquiry, Brainstorm, Desperate Ravings, Spark Double, King of the Pride, Shared Animosity, Kindred Discovery, Mercurial Chemister, Archivist, Jeskai Ascendancy, Silver Myr, Iron Myr
1 month ago
Ditch blue, and use a fetcheless RG mana base, look up fetchless. storm for reference.
Stop using ramp cards that have a cmc higher than 1. Its bad enough to loose 1 mana ramp cards to removal, don't make the issue rose by losing even more tempo with them.
Cards like Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma
Even cards like Sakura-Tribe Elder are so weak that they don't really see play outside valakut decks, where the fetched land acting as Lightning Bolt is a huge upside. Similarly Sylvan Caryatid is played only in Soulflayer decks, as it grants a relevant keyword on top of ramping, and Jeskai Ascendancy decks, where your combo piece being hexproof matters a LOT.
Don't run "do nothing" cards, like Electrodominance.
If you feel the need to run card draw, run something like Life's Legacy, or even just Combustible Gearhulk, that way you avoid having to splash blue, and get a card that plays better in most situations. (gearhulk is 4-8 damage, or you draw 3, life's legacy can be played after some value plays baited counterspells)
P.s.: If you want some fine budget powerhouses you may want to tinker around with cards like It of the Horrid Swarm, or Decimator of the Provinces - while they require a very specific mana curve among creatures in the deck to accomodate them, they are brutal if those conditions are fullfilled.