Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice Koskun Falls unless you tap an untapped creature you control.
Creatures can't attack you unless their controller pays (2) for each creature he or she controls that's attacking you.
2 months ago
4 months ago
Bloodghast 1 constant trigger off Ayara
Thousand-Year Elixir double draw.
Koskun Falls Azorius style tax in mono black is nice.
Imp's Mischief Azorius style redirection in mono black is nice.
Ritual of the Machine mono blue effect in mono black is nice. Sac outlet too.
8 months ago
I'm kind of envisioning a "temporary permanent" like Sagas, but I have no idea what the details will be or how it will be unique.
9 months ago
Grasp of Fate is a solid piece of removal in these colors. Serra Paragon and Luminous Broodmoth are 2 newer cards that're powerful and fit the theme. Also, I'm loving all the old cards, have you tried any pillowfort elements like Ghostly Prison/Koskun Falls?
9 months ago
Planar Portal seems bad in the color known for tutors.
Hecatomb dope! Great use of old jank.
Koskun Falls would be another weird old card that would fit this strategy.
11 months ago
Hey, well done, nice reprint choices of Crux, Restraint, Crawlspace, Voyage, Iymrith, Astral, Propaganda, Sea Gate, but you forgot Command Tower. Tower could replace Gateway Plaza which is a terrible land. Interesting clone sub theme, not sure it's needed here, but Reflections of Littjara is a good budget tribal card for cloning.
Consider choosing only one of Collective Restraint or Koskun Falls? Both have high prices for a precon, they're similar cards and either one hasn't been reprinted before. Quicksilver Amulet needs a reprint and it goes with the idea of tutoring for Dragons then cheating mana costs.
Kindred Discovery is another option, it's an excellent tribal card and Dragons can consistently do combat damage to players. Maskwood Nexus lets Sivitri tutor for any creature and all your creatures survive Crux. Revenge of Ravens can be a good budget prison card.
Dragon's Hoard is good mana rock for Dragons. Talisman of Dominance has been reprinted in many current Dimir precons, might as well add it here too. Dark Ritual is more ramp to potentially get a quick Sivitri. Dragonlord Silumgar, Juvenile Mist Dragon, Steel Hellkite are some Dragon upgrades especially Silumgar and Hellkite can destroy nonland permanents which is helpful in Dimir.
Brainstorm, Night's Whisper and Read the Bones are nice budget draw spells. Nameless Inversion is a removal spell that Sivitri can tutor for. Hero's Downfall is now only $0.25. Swiftfoot Boots is haste and protection for Dragon you tutor for.
Good luck with your deck.
1 year ago
Hey, me again! I really like Breena, the Demagogue's premise. I want to build her in the future, since I'm cultivating a combat metagame. But I have some ideas that can make your deck funnier and stronger:
I imagine you're trying to keep the idea of giving gifts to your opponents for them to killing each other, while reaping benefits to you.
One way is to force combat. You might want to put Martial Impetus and Parasitic Impetus back to deflect attacks and get draws off Breena. (Too bad goad is a blue-red thing - come on Wizards, give us on other colors). Otherwise, they buff Breena to hit harder.
Another thing you should consider is protection for your creatures:
- Sejiri Shelter Flip and Malakir Rebirth Flip can be slotted as lands.
- Lightning Greaves, Swiftfoot Boots, Whispersilk Cloak, Darksteel Plate and Hammer of Nazahn are great utility artifacts.
- Timely Ward has flash.
- Dawn Charm doubles as a fog.
- Valorous Stance doubles as a removal spell.
How about protection to you?
- No Mercy, Dread, Michiko Konda, Truth Seeker and Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts deter attackers.
- Koskun Falls is a second Ghostly Prison if you can pay its upkeep cost. Solitary Confinement is even more efficient, as long as you can keep up with its cost.
- No one will mess with you again once you cast Hellish Rebuke. Darien, King of Kjeldor also shows them why attacking you is not advisable.
- If you prefer the way of taxing opponents, Sphere of Safety synergize with your other pillowfort enchantments.
- You run a lot of permanents that might die. How about getting them back with Sun Titan or Emeria Shepherd?
- Mistveil Plains has good synergy with tutors.
- Liesa, Forgotten Archangel also acts as graveyard hate.
About card draw:
- Breena costs 3 mana and it is easy to recast, but you can't rely on your opponents wanting (or being able) to attack each other. Sign in Blood, Night's Whisper, Read the Bones, Treacherous Blessing, War Room and Castle Locthwain can be great options (it is good to lower your life total to trigger Breena). Erebos, God of the Dead can also act as a blocker and life-gain hater.
- Skullclamp is good if you can reliably generate X/1 tokens.
- Syphon Mind is a favorite of mine.
- Mangara, the Diplomat... The name says it all. #bffBreena
- Shadrix Silverquill is not only on-theme, but on-school aswell.
- Endless Atlas and Dread Presence require many basic lands.
- The cards above can replace Ambition's Cost, Ancient Craving and Secret Rendezvous (if they want free cards, may they attack each other).
About your ramp:
- I see you run cards that ramp you if an opponent has more lands than you, a la Knight of the White Orchid. Your Lotus Field is great for setting that up. You might also consider putting Orzhov Basilica back for the same effect.
- Loyal Warhound, Verge Rangers, Weathered Wayfarer, Archaeomancer's Map and Isolated Watchtower also capitalize on opponents ramping. I recommend replacing Boreas Charger (if you can't kill it easily), Scholarship Sponsor (not advisable to give ramp AND card draw to your opponents) and Oreskos Explorer (it is better to get lands on the battlefield instead of on hand, unless it is an unrestricted tutor like Weathered Wayfarer).
- If you ramp using the cards above, you will have a lot of Plains on the battlefield. Emeria, The Sky Ruin is free recursion on a land - enjoy ;-)
- You might also consider Fellwar Stone and Dowsing Dagger Flip as ramp options. Breena has flying, so it is easy to transform the artifact.
Sorry for not commenting on your whole deck. Since I have not played her myself, I could only suggest more general things. I hope the suggestions have inspired you somehow. As always, have fun with the Demagogue!
1 year ago
Cool deck lollord7819 and interesting combo on the partners.
Koskun Falls will prevent some attacking and if you have the fodder from Tevesh, will stay out until someone deals with it.
Crawlspace does a similar effect, in it allows only 2 creatures to come at you at a time. Slows swarm and allows you a bit of set up for lining up blockers.
Ward of Bones if out soon enough or played after a board wipe, allows for you to Dictate the progression of the game and limits re building at your pace.
Hope these ideas help!