|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Magic 2015 (M15)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Dragon
When Siege Dragon enters the battlefield, destroy all Walls your opponent controls.
Whenever Siege Dragon attacks, if your opponent control no Walls, it deals 2 damage to each creature without flying defending player controls.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (19)||Caldazar , Fiolek , Lucretian , pskinn01 , , Suns_Champion , bakeraj4 , NCN946 , PTsmitty , philktoken8998 , saj0219 , johnsongrantr , mziter501 , geazykagar , Ellyreia , Regulus1010 , joshw335 , darthnuchi , thetechzombie|
Siege Dragon Discussion
2 months ago
3 months ago
You have Nissa Revane and not Nissa's Chosen? You should have 4 of him if you have Nissa Revane. Here is another dump of cards that are cool too. Necromaster Dragon, Taigam, Ojutai Master, Catacomb Dragon, Gisela, Blade of Goldnight, Siege Dragon, Rith, the Awakener, Crosis, the Purger, Utvara Hellkite (He is one of my favorites!), Mana-Charged Dragon, Vampiric Dragon, Death by Dragons, Dragonmaster Outcast, Knight of New Alara, Conflux, Kilnmouth Dragon (Drop him first and then you have never ending burn spells), Two-Headed Dragon, Flameblast Dragon. I have time on the bus ride home by the way. lol
3 months ago
I would invest in better dragon creatures if possible. You have some good ones but others can be replaced with just better dragons. I would take out Territorial Hellkite, Ryusei, the Falling Star, Dromoka, the Eternal, Scion of the Ur-Dragonand Broodmate Dragon to start. I would also keep Savage Ventmaw his mana ramp is crazy strong and worth it based on my results with the deck.
As far as board clears you only really need 1 or 2 spells then I use creatures to board whip for me repeatedly like Silumgar, the Drifting Death, Siege Dragon, Scourge of Kher Ridges, and Balefire Dragon. so you wouldnt really need Earthquake.
you can use enchantments to help your creatures attack more then giving them haste with like Bower Passage or protect you if you are playing too slow. All you are using your enchantments for are buffing, haste, draw, and to act as a kill spell. they can do so much more then that and some can be replaced with another card that does the same thing. I would take out Fervor, Fires of Yavimaya and Monastery Siege
Also you dont really need to pay mana to cheat dragons into play because most of the time they cost less or equal to the cards that cheat them in like Fist of Suns and Quicksilver Amulet, so adding Urza's Incubator would help reduce the cost of your dragons. Plus there are some enchantments and creatures that can sheat dragons into play for free. invest in those
I would run about 36 lands 33 just seems to little especially with how few ramp cards you are playing (if you cannot draw the mana how can you play your mana fixing cards, ramp spells are generally cheap to play and help a lot).
The Ur dragon is amazing you can put any permanent onto the battlefield that includes planeswalker. At the very least Sarkhan Unbroken is a must have. The other sarkhan's are good and same with nicol bolas, but you can run any planeswaker to do whatever you need it to do.
you have a solid base but it just needs a bit of work
3 months ago
Ok ok so, i have a commander deck with Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund as the commander. The deck itself has functioned pretty well up until recently, i have been getting completely rekt early game. Do keep in mind i have not been playing long and do not have a great understanding of cards or of a good build, in fact this is the first deck i have ever built. All i really need help with is early game because dinos have been destroying me as of late. The deck is built as follows:i have no clue what im doing dragons
3 months ago
Hey there! Cool Dragon deck you have here! I have some comments for you:
- First of all, your mana base looks a little low on lands. I would recommend going up to around 24 lands or so. Also, if you have the money, I would recommend investing in some dual-lands that enter the battlefield untapped sometimes, like Rootbound Crag, Cinder Glade, or Karplusan Forest. This isn't necessary by any means, though, so feel free to just add a couple basics and move on with your life :)
- As I mentioned earlier, I would recommend cutting most of your 1-ofs. I would recommend picking 1-3 really powerful dragons, and running 2-3 copies of each, rather than 1-2 copies of 9 different dragons. Here are the ones I would cut: Archwing Dragon, Destructor Dragon, Harbinger of the Hunt, Hunted Dragon, Lightning Shrieker, and Siege Dragon.
- I would instead run 2 Atarka, World Render, 3 Foe-Razer Regent, and 3 Savage Ventmaw.
- Thunderbreak Regent is an amazing card here. 4 mana for a 4/4 flying dragon with upside is fantastic.
- Elvish Mystic is probably better ramp than Voyaging Satyr, so I would replace the 4 Satyrs with 3 Mystics. If you really want the access to red mana, and you decide to go with Cinder Glades as your additional nonbasics, Arbor Elf is also an option (Cinder Glade is technically a Forest).
- Overgrowth is also probably better than Greenweaver Druid, because the Druid is so fragile. A 1/1 will die to any removal spell, while an enchantment will just sit around on your land making you mana.
- While this may not be easy to understand, Crucible of Fire doesn't really do much. If you have three or four dragons being pumped by it, you're probably winning already. This is what we call a "win-more" card, and you can read more about why they're not great for your deck here if you'd like.
- Dragon Tempest, on the other hand, is really good here. It should be your primary source of removal, so I'd replace the three Bathe in Dragonfires with Dragon Tempests, flavorful though they may be.
- Guild Feud and Ulvenwald Tracker also don't do a lot. Sure, the Tracker is good removal, but you have better removal. Guild Feud lets you get dragons out, but you can already get dragons out for 6 mana. I'd cut both of them.
If you make all of these changes, your deck might look a little something like this: Sarkhan's Dragons 2.0. I'll be sure to leave it up for at least a couple weeks if you'd like.
I'm a huge fan of green/red ramp-style decks, so it's always fun for me to see a new Dragon player out there :)
In any case, good luck!
3 months ago
Hey looking for some feed back on this deck, it's a budget deck and relatively fun to play but what are some good cards to add as I don't have a side board yet.
1 Sarkhan, the Dragonspeaker (Planeswalker, Mythic Rare)1 Atarka, World Render (Rare)1 Archwing Dragon (Rare)1 Crucible of Fire (Rare)1 Dragon Tempest (Rare)1 Foe-Razer Regent (Rare)3 Frontier Siege (Rare)1 Guild Feud (Rare)1 Ulvenwald Tracker (Rare)2 Setessan Tactics (Rare)1 Hunted Dragon (Rare)1 Siege Dragon (Rare)1 Harbinger of the Hunt (Rare)
3 months ago
I will look at taking out Crucible of Fire for Quicksilver Amulet and Broodmate Dragon for Scalelord Reckoner. they shouldn't affect too much except adding some more white, which I think my current mana base can handle. Would Consign to Dust and/or Primeval Light suffice for enchantment/artifact hate? I know one is slow, but I would love you thoughts on these.
I feel like Steel Hellkite Siege Dragon Forgestoker Dragon Ryusei, the Falling Star Scourge of Valkas Deathbringer Regent Silumgar, the Drifting Death and Dragon Tempest give me a lot of pseudo wipes. I was looking to Merciless Eviction at some point because Indestructable is always a problem.
With all the ramp I have, Dragonstorm has been a game ender with Dragon Tempest and/or Ramos, Dragon Engine. I usually grab Scourge of Valkas, Broodmate Dragon, and whoever else I need for the situation. Usually it storms 3 times.
I would love a Bloodstained Mire, Wooded Foothills and Verdant Catacombs. Right now I'm running Rocky Tar Pit, Mountain Valley, and Bad River for budget reasons. I also want to put it a Cavern of Souls for Ancient Ziggurat
Into the Wilds really ramps! That is awesome, thank you for telling me!
You definitely seem more experienced then me so I hope keep bouncing ideas back and forth. This is SUPER helpful!
4 months ago
Cascading Cataracts / Crystal Quarry / Sylvan Ranger / Rampant Growth / Bloom Tender / Birds of Paradise / Sylvan Caryatid / Utopia Tree / Reflecting Pool / Oblivion Ring / Gruul Signet / Golgari Signet / Simic Signet / Selesnya Signet / Bringer of the Red Dawn / Bringer of the Blue Dawn / Bringer of the Black Dawn / Unclaimed Territory / Cavern of Souls / Keiga, the Tide Star / Breath of Darigaaz / Nissa's Pilgrimage / Explosive Vegetation / Molten Disaster / Subterranean Tremors / Ash Barrens / Evolving Wilds / Terramorphic Expanse / Sudden Demise / Fault Line / Beast Within / Dragonlord Dromoka / Sylvan Reclamation / Wear / Tear / Grand Coliseum / City of Brass / Mana Confluence / Fellwar Stone / Solemn Simulacrum / Farhaven Elf / Wood Elves / Heartless Summoning / Urza's Incubator / Sensei's Divining Top / Cyclonic Rift / Reclamation Sage / Urban Evolution / Nature's Lore / Eternal Witness / Skyshroud Claim / Chaos Warp / Manglehorn / Vizier of the Menagerie / Relic of Progenitus / Chromatic Sphere / Chromatic Star / Terrarion / Llanowar Wastes / Shivan Reef / Yavimaya Coast / Karplusan Forest / Sulfurous Springs / Battlefield Forge / Brushland / Caves of Koilos / Night's Whisper / Reanimate / Anguished Unmaking / Swords to Plowshares / Path to Exile / Flame Slash / Vindicate / Sarkhan's Triumph / Preordain / Ponder / Brainstorm / Anticipate / Weathered Wayfarer / Safewright Quest / Temple Garden / Breeding Pool / Overgrown Tomb / Stomping Ground / Mirari's Wake / Nature's Claim / Fatal Push / Thunder Dragon / Scourge of Kher Ridges / Skyline Despot / Siege Dragon / Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund / Foe-Razer Regent / Eternal Dragon / Dragonlord Atarka / Balefire Dragon / Vorosh, the Hunter / Swift Warkite / Scourge of the Throne / Runehorn Hellkite / Rith, the Awakener / Prossh, Skyraider of Kher / Numot, the Devastator / Noxious Dragon / Mordant Dragon / Harmonize / Ancient Craving / Ambition's Cost / Dragonlord Silumgar / Dragonlord Kolaghan / Destructor Dragon / Darigaaz, the Igniter / Surrak Dragonclaw / Stormbreath Dragon / Sarkhan Unbroken / Necromaster Dragon / Icefall Regent / Hunted Dragon / Glorybringer / Fearsome Awakening / Dragonlord Ojutai / Boltwing Marauder / Thunderbreak Regent / Territorial Hellkite / Skyship Stalker / Dragonloft Idol / Dragon Throne of Tarkir / Dragonsoul Knight / Dragonmaster Outcast / Slumbering Dragon / Omen / Serum Visions / Read the Bones