|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Dragon
At the beginning of combat on your turn, choose an opponent at random that Territorial Hellkite didn't attack during your last combat. Territorial Hellkite attacks that player this combat if able. If you can't choose an opponent this way, tap Territorial Hellkite.
Territorial Hellkite Discussion
1 month ago
If you're looking for cuts, they're probably Kargan Dragonlord, Skyship Stalker, and Sulfuric Vortex. Vortex can't ping walkers and I doubt lifegain is prominent in Oathbreaker. Skyship Stalker is underwhelming despite its flexibility; I don't know how much spare mana you'll have for it. Thunderbreak Regent and Territorial Hellkite seem better in general. Kargan Dragonlord, as much as I like it, isn't really efficient for the mana you have to spend on it at sorcery speed, and, again, I don't know how much spare mana you'll have to just sink into it, consequences be damned.
I still think Slumbering Dragon would be perfect in this deck. It's a good multiplayer card and it's perfectly on-theme. :)
2 months ago
Basilisk Collar , Momentous Fall , Hoarding Dragon , Demanding Dragon , Hoard-Smelter Dragon , Ryusei, the Falling Star , Siege Dragon , Tyrant's Familiar , Thunder Dragon , Dragonlord Atarka , Scourge of Kher Ridges , Bogardan Hellkite , Krosan Tusker
Rhythm of the Wild , Crucible of Fire , Bonds of Mortality , Guardian Project , Boneyard Scourge , Territorial Hellkite , Dragonlord Kolaghan , Glorybringer , Nesting Dragon , Skarrgan Hellkite , Dismember , Song of the Dryads , Damnation
2 months ago
5 months ago
Just a heads up, I'd replace your Mountains with Snow-Covered Mountain s because Extraplanar Lens doubles mana of ALL lands named. More than likely no one at the table will have snow lands so... Plus this gives your access to Scrying Sheets which is something this deck greatly needs, card advantage. Also I REALLY, REALLY think you should be playing Sarkhan, Fireblood and Sarkhan's Unsealing they are WAY too good for this deck.
Here's some card suggestions!
- Chandra, Torch of Defiance
- Staff of Nin
- Mind's Eye
- Wheel of Fortune
- Sensei's Divining Top
- Faithless Looting
- Tormenting Voice
- Cathartic Reunion
- Solemn Simulacrum
- Sin Prodder
- Hedron Archive
- Treasure Map Flip
- The Immortal Sun
- Experimental Frenzy
- Endless Atlas
- Coveted Jewel
Here are some cut suggestions:
- Fledgling Dragon: For four mana you could play Moltensteel Dragon or Territorial Hellkite both of which are more value in my opinion
- Emblem of the warmind: As stated previously it's too easy to deal with.
- Farsight mask: Mind's Eye is strictly better, and you don't want to get hit in the face in order to draw a card.
- Kindred charge: This is PURELY a wind more card in dragons. By the time you cast this, because you'll hold it trying to maximize the copies, you'll be doing massive damage ANYWAY.
- Ancient hellkite: A lot of mana for a meh dragon when this could be a Steel Hellkite , Kilnmouth Dragon , Skyline Despot , or a Demanding Dragon
- Archwing dragon: If you are going to dedicate paying four mana to a dragon every turn, just play Dragon Tyrant
- Slumbering dragon: I like this card idealy... but if we are being honest... This card is NEVER going to wake up, no one is going to let an 8/8 dragon sit on the table for 5 turns.
- Zirilan of the claw: It's good... but you have to exile your creatures... and that's not good for you.
7 months ago
Welcome Territorial Hellkite to the fold! 6 power with haste and flying for 4 is just too good to pass up.
10 months ago
Your list looks decent for a start actually. A couple of things I would recommend cutting are Fist of Suns, because it only saves you mana for Dragons that cost 7 mana or more (because Ur-Dragon already gives -1), and Tainted Strike because it won't kill a player in a single attack because you need 10 infect damage to kill and none of your creatures can deal 9 damage, except Atarka with double strike, and maybe Ramos. Maybe also Warstorm Surge since the cost is quite high, compared to Sarkhan's Unsealing.
A bit more ramp would help. Skyshroud Claim gives you untapped Forests, which is great if you have lands that are Forests and another type, e.g. Cinder Glade and Canopy Vista. Other ramp that adds good mana for its cost are Overgrowth, Thran Dynamo, Gilded Lotus, and Coalition Relic.
You could add some cheaper Dragons to attack earlier, like Thunderbreak Regent, Territorial Hellkite, Verix Bladewing, and Phantasmal Dragon. Hellkite Tyrant has a useful effect. Among the bigger ones in your maybeboard, Broodmother, Intet, Scourge of the Throne, and Yosei could be helpful.
A bit more card draw would also help, like Temur Ascendancy which also gives haste, Elemental Bond, Garruk's Packleader, and Vanquisher's Banner. Defense of the Heart is always good if you own a copy.
11 months ago
Territorial Hellkite occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%