|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Merfolk Wizard
Tap: Target land becomes the basic land type of your choice until end of turn. Play this ability only during your turn.
Tideshaper Mystic Discussion
1 month ago
ClockworkSwordfish, Seahunter is certainly in my list of upgrades for this deck! I don’t know why I haven’t gotten around to getting it yet. Also I’ve just discovered Reef Shaman , but Tideshaper Mystic managed to elude me, so thank you! I also hadn’t heard of Sea's Claim so thank you again for all of your suggestions!
2 months ago
I can't recommend Seahunter enough for any merfolk-centric deck. The ability to put any old fishy directly into play, at instant speed and heedless of its mana cost, is invaluable.
While using Donate to ensure your opponent has an island is certainly... imaginative, there are much better ways to accomplish the same. I'd run Spreading Seas , Sea's Claim , Reef Shaman and Tideshaper Mystic before considering Donate.
11 months ago
Hi! Looks like a sweet start to a Merfolk deck (a deck I've wanted to build myself for quite a while)! Here are some recommendations:
- Seafloor Oracle is a pretty powerful card draw engine when you can get it online early
- Merfolk Mistbinder is another 2-mana lord
- Forerunner of the Heralds and Merrow Harbinger are good tutors
- Tatyova, Benthic Druid is just a good card in Commander, and the fact that she's a merfolk is just an added bonus
- Murkfiend Liege, Seedborn Muse, and Paradox Engine help you activate Kumena's abilities many times in a turn cycle.
- Surgespanner can be a house, bouncing tons of permanents each turn, as you can tap it for free
- Cryptolith Rite is good ramp and a strong "tap outlet"
- Lightning Greaves is good at protecting Kumena or any other powerful creature you may have
- Kodama's Reach should be in every green deck
- Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip can make a ton of mana, and helps you dig towards your creatures as well.
- Beast Within is an extremely powerful removal spell
- Treetop Village and Lumbering Falls; manlands are so much worse in Commander than in 60-card formats
- Remote Isle; blue and green have better ways to draw cards than cycling away your lands
- Vivid Creek and Vivid Grove; green has much better mana fixing
- Bioshift doesn't really do anything
- Tideshaper Mystic is the same; cutting one opponent off of mana doesn't do much, and 1/1s for 1 that die to board wipes are mediocre at best.
- World Shaper isn't really where you want to be; you don't have a ton of graveyard synergies
- River's Rebuke isn't my favorite board wipe in Commander, even in blue/green. I'd play Devastation Tide instead.
- Slinn Voda, the Rising Deep just does too little for 10 mana. If you're spending 10 mana on a single card, that card should be winning you the game.
- Talrand, Sky Summoner, as you don't have a ton of spell synergies
- True-Name Nemesis is good, but mainly in Legacy. In Commander, a 3/1 that just one player can't interact with is bad.
- Shapers of Nature is a decent mana sink, but I think you'd rather just be doing something else with your mana.
Hope this helps! If you'd like me to explain some of my choices more, or if you want help on another deck, feel free to leave a comment on my profile, and I'll take a look as soon as I can!
1 year ago
I would suggest removing Cold-Eyed Selkie and putting in either Merfolk Branchwalker or Tideshaper Mystic. Branchwalker can sculpt your library whereas Mystic can activate islandwalk. Both are cheaper cmc, and Branchwalker gives you a larger body to work with.
1 year ago
Blue Wizards: Crafty Pathmage, Frontline Sage, Grixis Illusionist, Stream of Unconsciousness. Tideshaper Mystic, Prodigal Sorcerer, Trinket Mage could search for the "holy hand-grenade":Explosive Apparatus or any of the spell bombs. Trinket Mage could also search for the "holy grail": Golden Urn!
1 year ago
Tideshaper seems to be worded similarly to Blood Moon
1 year ago
-_- like i tought: you just dont understand the mathematics XD
i love to repeat it (...not):
i need two playsets of cards which make my opponents lands to islands.
get that... -_-
and then read your comments again:
which means i have only one playset left (Spreading Seas) to make my opponents lands to islands.
....thats the problem i have with stupid people !
and Aether Vial IS useless in mid and endgame XD get that too... but you wont understand the mathematics behind that too... just like i tought.
i dont agree with your recommends
what you think about those cards is bullshit
you just saw them in a lot of merfolk decks XD
and now you just repeat what other people repeated -_-
i never follow any guides
and thats why my decks are often stronger than high rated decks with the same or even just similar restrictiones -_-
didnt you saw the upper comments !? there was a guy who recommended Aether Vial too... and he used it too... and i tested my merfolk deck against his... and i won ;)
and now thanks 4 nothing but waisting my time and forcing me to repeat myself
1 year ago
Master of Waves Is a very strong card in mono-blue merfolk, becuase by the time your casting it, you'll be able to make 4-6 Elementals, which if you can't do math, is 8-12 damage. If you don't feel like using him, thats fine, but you don't have to be rude.
Spreading Seas is a great card, and I was saying take out Aquitect's Will for them, because it can take apart a land color VS three color deck's and can stop tron, so it's way more important than Aquitect's Will.
FYI Playing Cursecatcher over Tideshaper Mystic is great, because it stops them from fatal pushing a lord sometimes. even if they do get to do it, they have to pay one extra, making fatal push not very good.
Honestly, the cards we've recommended are better for the current metagame...but that's simple... you probably won't understand it.
No data for this card yet.