Elder of Laurels
Creature — Human Advisor
3G: Target creature gets +X/+X until end of turn, where X is the number of creatures you control.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Elder of Laurels Discussion
3 months ago
If you are getting a ton of mana, you might want some good ways to just dump mana out, like Hydra Broodmaster and Elder of Laurels. Not sure if your commander is really ETB heavy so much as "cast a creature" heavy, might not get the most out of Panharmonicon, but that being said Eerie Interlude can be a great way to protect your field and also get some extra etb. Lurking Predators is great.
3 months ago
If you set your deck's format to commander in the editor, it should bring up a box to put your commander in. This will also make it easier for people to identify the format of the deck when scrolling through a list.
I guess you really like Ajani, huh? The token creators are good, but Ajani, Mentor of Heroes seems to fall into the same trap as a lot of cards in this deck. You have a lot of ways to gain life but a small number of ways to take advantage of that life. In a format like standard or modern, just gaining a ton of life can be good because those formats often involve limited resources. But in commander, resources can sometimes be limitless. This means that gaining tens or even hundreds of life can be undone by the ever increasing damage output of many commander decks. Therefore, it's best if you have cards that can capitalize on the life in other ways like Felidar Sovereign and Aetherflux Reservoir. I played Trostani for a long time and lost many games because my padded life total only delayed the inevitable. Although, because I wanted to focus more on populate than gaining life, I ended up switching to Rhys the Redeemed instead.
You might also benefit from paring away cards that don't synergize in some way with the core of the deck. Strong standalone cards like Platinum Angel are fine, but cards like Gerrard's Command and Vinelasher Kudzu could just as easily be Elder of Laurels and Angelic Accord. The whole umbra package feels out of place too. Anyway, good luck with your build.
6 months ago
Perhaps Skarrg Goliath for commander damage win out of no where? Maybe even Ghor-Clan Rampager. I really do like the synergy Bloodrush brings to the table in this deck, getting around Ruric Thar's ability and all.
Recommending Primordial Sage because you can't get enough card draw. Also consider Hua Tuo, Honored Physician for pretty consistent recursion. Skullwinder is good too. Bloodmark Mentor helps keep RT alive in combat. Boartusk Liege and Instigator Gang Flip if you're looking for more anthems. Khenra Charioteer if you need more trample enablers.
6 months ago
This advice is for going full Human Tribal, so no soldiers and spirits.
- Minus Emeria Shepherd Card is too expensive, no synergy b/c no ETB effects or payoff cards to reanimate.
- Minus Collective Effort Card is too mediocre in EDH
- Minus Devout Invocation, Although a very cool and flavourful card, it's too expensive, and doesn't have a direct impact on the board without a haste source in play.
- Minus Ajani Unyielding, Strong card, but no synergy wit the deck.
- Minus Bow of Nylea, Card is too underwhelming in EDH
- Minus Gallows at Willow Hill, again, very flavourful, but underwhelming.
- Minus Swiftfoot Boots, usually works better with big creatures that need protection, instead of a lot of small creatures, if you really want to play it, go for Lightning Greaves
- Minus Thought Vessel, you don't really need the ramp if you keep the CMC low, same goes for the hand-size limit, you want to keep casting creatures, not gain a massive hand. Imagine drawing this instead of more humans that commit to the board state.
- Minus Asceticism, you're main concern is board wipes, not target removal, I would suggest playing this in a creature based deck like Mayael the Anima
- Minus Archetype of Courage, too underwhelming in my opinion
- Minus Somberwald Sage, only ramps for big creatures, which is not your focus.
- Minus Decimator of the Provinces, too underwhelming for its cmc
- Minus Elder of Laurels, not a bad card, but only buffs one creature, you want more anthem effects.
- Minus Fiend Hunter, it's a solid card, there are better options
- Minus Geist-Honored Monk, solid card, but no human synergy and no game changer for 5 CMC
- Minus Odric, Lunarch Marshal, Minus Odric, Master Tactician, never been a fan of these.
- Minus Precinct Captain, soldiers, no humans
- Minus Ulvenwald Tracker, meh
- Minus Voice of Resurgence, obviously one of the best cards in Modern, solid in EDH, but not really a human card
- Minus Nissa, Voice of Zendikar, I get the point, but no humans
- Minus Avacyn, Angel of Hope, So good, so expensive
- Minus Mosswort Bridge, not enough value to gain here, so just a slow land card.
- Plus Skullclamp best draw engine for tokens in the game.
- Plus Devout Chaplain, solid tribe removal
- Plus Heron's Grace Champion, excellent combat trick.
- Plus Herald of War, solid tribal support
- Plus Tireless Tracker, great stand-alone with draw-engine
- Plus Grand Abolisher, anti control card
- Plus Thraben Doomsayer, free human tokens,
- Plus Angel of Jubilation, anthem
- Plus Chord of Calling, find your craterhoof on instant speed.
- Plus Eladamri's Call, tutor.
- Plus Green Sun's Zenith, tutor.
- Plus Avacyn's Pilgrim, solid human mana dork
- Plus Overwhelming Stampede wincon
- Plus Door of Destinies anthem
- Plus Akroma's Memorial wincon
- Plus Obelisk of Urd tribal anthem
- Plus Cryptolith Rite Ramp
- Plus Angelic Overseer Solid tribal support
- Plus Marshal's Anthem Recursion + Anthem
- Plus Kodama's Reach additional Cultivate
- Plus Adaptive Automaton tribal support
- Plus Enlightened Tutor
- Plus Gather the Townsfolk, more humans!
7 months ago
Seems alright. Few cards seem a bit... odd or like you were trying to replace cards?
I'd recommend removing the following:
- Autumn's Veil: Yisan should be cheating your cards in
- Natural State: Not a huge concern, but seems underwhelming in EDH with most non-mana rocks being 4+
- Jeweled Amulet: With playing mono-green, this seems... meh.
- Tormod's Crypt: ???
- Staff of Domination: By the time this is going off, it's probably just a win-more.
- Seeds of Innocence: There are better mass artifact removal cards that don't grant life for only 1 or 2 more mana (Creeping Corrosion?).
- Carpet of Flowers: Unless your playgroup has a bunch of monoblue players, this isn't going to be super reliable.
- Strip Mine/Ghost Quarter: ???
Some cards I'd recommend are below and some will hopefully help abuse Yisan's verse counter-curve:
- Kodama's Reach
- Rampant Growth
- Skyshroud Claim
- Beastmaster Ascension
- Creeping Corrosion
- Wave of Vitriol
- Baru, Fist of Krosa
- Bellowing Tanglewurm
- Champion of Lambholt
- Citanul Hierophants
- Elder of Laurels
- Essence of the Wild
- Kamahl, Fist of Krosa
- Master of the Wild Hunt
- Nylea, God of the Hunt
- Pathbreaker Ibex
- Thunderfoot Baloth
- Managorger Hydra
- Primeval Protector
- Avenger of Zendikar
- Stonehoof Chieftain
- Bloodspore Thrinax
So many cards... Point being, ramping into Yisan and triggering his ability is awesome, but a moot point if you can't hit anything that does something. But again, I could be completely missing the point of what you're going for, and if so I apologize for the wall of text. It's your deck and you are free to do with it as you please, I just wish you a grand time of obliterating your games.
7 months ago
You need Elder of Laurels for sure, Cryptolith Rite is great ramp for lots of saprolings, so is Chord of Calling I would look into the Worldgorger Dragon + Animate Dead combo with these colors, flicker loops and infinite mana. Idk depends on what you got.
8 months ago
Welcome on T/O! Saw you just joined here.
Hope you will experience lots of interesting decks, new ideas and some good feedback on what you have build.
After reviewing your decklist, I came up with a several possible cuts. Based on your question as of which creatures to cut:
- Briarbridge Patrol
- Captain of the Watch
- Crusader of Odric
- Elder of Laurels
- Fiendslayer Paladin
- Hamlet Captain
- Karametra, God of Harvests
- Rhys the Redeemed
- Thraben Doomsayer
- Trostani, Selesnya's Voice
- Veteran Cathar
- Vitu-Ghazi Guildmage
Good luck with your modifications!
You defenitely need more land :)
If you would like some inspiration other than yours, click here . Any upvote/comment is always appreciated.
9 months ago
Archetype of Endurance, Elderscale Wurm, Whisperwood Elemental, Soul of the Harvest, Verdant Force, Omnath, Locus of Mana, Primal Surge, Elder of Laurels, Beastmaster Ascension and Bellowing Tanglewurm. Green permanents with growth in power and number, if you play mono green that is definitely their strength.