|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Avatar
Primeval Protector costs less to cast for each creature your opponents control.
When Primeval Protector enters the battlefield, put a +1/+1 counter on each other creature you control.
Primeval Protector Discussion
9 months ago
Primeval Protector , Ghoultree , Terra Stomper , Khalni Hydra , All these are big cards that either are cheap for their power,or becomes cheaper as time goes on. Maybe Phytotitan , since its difficult to keep it down, even though its easy to kill.
10 months ago
You might consider some cheap replacements: Vivid Creek , Vivid Marsh , Vivid Crag and Vivid Grove instead of Dismal Backwater , Jungle Hollow , Rugged Highlands and Swiftwater Cliffs for extra mana-fixing (which is needed in a 4-color deck). Also: Llanowar Wastes , Yavimaya Coast and Shivan Reef are cheap untapped lands. // You might consider Farseek , Sakura-Tribe Elder , Explosive Vegetation and Circuitous Route for further ramp. Farseek can grab Sunken Hollow , Smoldering Marsh or Cinder Glade , while Circuitous Route can search for Simic Guildgate , Izzet Guildgate and Golgari Guildgate . // You might run Fact or Fiction , Steam Augury and Ancient Excavation for early card draw and graveyard filler for delve cards, like Murderous Cut , Dig Through Time and Tasigur, the Golden Fang (they all got reprinted). Brainstorm and Painful Truths are also great draw spells. // Izzet Charm , Crosis's Charm and Sultai Charm are really versatile removing threats. They could replace Scour from Existence . // Zendikar Resurgent is a mana-doubler, which can fuel big Comet Storm , Blue Sun's Zenith , Pull from Tomorrow , Exsanguinate and Curse of the Swine . // Since you are playing expensive spells, Deep-Sea Kraken , Combustible Gearhulk , Avatar of Fury , Avatar of Woe , Primeval Protector , Sunbird's Invocation , Metallurgic Summonings are great ways to deal a lot of damage.
10 months ago
Since Nikya is your commander, you can play 12 mana creatures the turn after he comes out, and that's impressive. Here's a few budget options. Ancient Stone Idol , Darksteel Colossus , Desolation Twin , Pathrazer of Ulamog , Artisan of Kozilek , Ulamog's Crusher , It That Betrays , Primeval Protector . Some other fun cards are hydras like Heroes' Bane , Polukranos, World Eater , and Primordial Hydra .
10 months ago
1 year ago
Imposing Sovereign Loyal Sentry Masako the Humorless Molting Skin+Broken Fall--loop with an enchantress out!-- Den Protector Elder of Laurels Grunn, the Lonely King Keen Sense Primeval Protector Shaman of Forgotten Ways Shamanic Revelation Shapers' Sanctuary Snake Umbra Surrak, the Hunt Caller Ulvenwald Tracker
1 year ago
We like what you've done here; looks fun to play! We have some ideas for you that we hope will make your deck even more fun:
- We would exchange some of the land in this deck for ramp options. Spells like Rampant Growth, Nature's Lore, Cultivate or Kodama's Reach would all work well in that regard. Burgeoning and if you can afford it, Exploration are even better.
- Hermit Druid would be perfect in this deck as it allows you to fill up your graveyard while at the same time allow you to ramp. In this regard, Life from the Loam is even better, but it's also more expensive.
- Royal Assassin seems to fit right in with the overall theme of the deck.
- We would add some cards that would allow you to profit from the death of creatures in the form of drawing more cards. Our picks for that would be cards like Grim Haruspex, Harvester of Souls and Deathreap Ritual. Overall, you could also use cards like Underworld Connections or the more expensive Phyrexian Arena/Rhystic Study to draw more cards. Up to you :)
Cards from your current selection that we would cut to make room:
- Panglacial Wurm/Vorosh, the Hunter/Primeval Protector; powerful for sure, but each is very expensive to cast and not needed for your overall strategy;
- Memory Erosion; nice card but would be more at home in a mill-deck, furthermore you do not have many cards in this deck that profit from what's in your opponent's graveyard to fully utilize this card.
We hope this has helped you some. Please let us know! And if you feel like you have the time/inclination, we would love your feedback on our EDH decks. Have fun with this deck (and MTG overall)!
With kind regards,
Mrs. & Mr. NV_1980
1 year ago
Though I see some ways to make creatures have it, not seeing enough 'Trample'. Very weak to chump or recursion builds as playing more than 1 or 2 big threats a turn might be tough, even at Instant speed. For example, Primeval Protector... seems like Ghalta, Primal Hunger would be a better fit in that slot. Could have missed a card or interaction, but only seeing 9 interactions for Panharmonicon. Might be worth cutting it all together, unless moving into an ETB strategy like MFarrar mentioned. Nissa, Genesis Mage is kind of confusing. Adding things like Genesis Wave and Primal Rage might be good adds if you'd prefer not to have Trample on all creatures built in. Agree with MFarrar about diverisfying the non-basic lands. Ghost Quarter, Maze of Ith, Temple of the False God, Reliquary Tower, Command Tower, Command Beacon, Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx, and Field of Ruin are just to name a few.
1 year ago
I realize some of these mess with your budget but they may be worth negotiating in and I'm not sure if you might have copies of some of them.
- Ezuri, Claw of Progress
- Fathom Mage
- Master Biomancer
- Prime Speaker Zegana
- Thunderfoot Baloth
- Overwhelming Stampede
- Cultivator of Blades
- Realm Seekers
- Nissa, Voice of Zendikar
- Managorger Hydra
- Primeval Protector
- Darksteel Mutation
- Wrath of God
- Winds of Qal Sisma
- Shamanic Revelation
- Primeval Bounty
Primeval Protector occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%