Destroy all nonbasic lands.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
3 days ago
Instants to consider: Price of Progress
Land to consider: Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle
6 days ago
- Leyline of the Void/Ground Seal
- Null Rod/Stony Silence
- Cursed Totem
- Tainted AEther
- Defense Grid
- or better yet Nether Void
- Spreading Plague instead of Lethal Vapors (a weak card imo, I ran it for a long time). There's also The Abyss.
- Be a real ass and run Living Plane with Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite/Massacre Wurm.
- Cut Burning Earth, it's crap, use Ruination and change your land base into basics cause you're already running Back to Basics. Save a spot for Blinkmoth Well to tap your Winter Orb/Static Orb on the end step of the opponent before you so all your shit untaps.
- Mana Reflection and/or Mirari's Wake
- Chains of Mephistopheles and Necropotence to play around it.
- After you stall the game out, end it with Divine Intervention to make the entire game pointless. Vampire Hexmage or Hex Parasite would go well with that enchantment.
- Win the game with Decree of Annihilation + Barren Glory out of no where, this usually pisses everyone off. Especially if you could of done it 5 turns and 45 minutes ago.
I've got plenty more of ideas if ya want more, this kind of magic is my sort of thing :P Just don't forget to add draw into this deck. Phyrexian Arena, Rhystic Study and so on will keep you pissing people off with card advantage.
1 week ago
Red is best at land destruction. Ruination is a fun card :)
1 week ago
I would recommend Ruination, Volcanic Upheaval, Dwarven Miner, and Dwarven Blastminer. This is really just personal opinion, I like ETB effects but I like to have cards that can destroy lands repeatedly. I wish you could run Deus of Calamity because that one is a beast of a card.
2 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
Ruination ???? And why the changes i played this deck twice so far not fully complete but mostly and was awesome
1 month ago
Stranglehold definitely needs to be in my deck. As for Ruination, I feel like BM is overall the better card in my deck seeing as I can get evasion with some Mountainwalk, plus I keep Cavern (and less importantly, but still important Nykthos).
Feel free to make suggestions for more optimality out of my deck Dunadain, ay.lobo, and/or NarejED. All of the cards in my deck are explained as to their significance, but I'd love to see all of your sides.
Purph's tier placement seems alright. I think he's placed right about where he needs to be. Tier 2 works as well, but he isn't as consistently a turn 2-4 win like the others. If he was played more competitively, maybe he would be valued closer to that second tier, but being in a mono-colored deck (that also leans heavy on its commander) limits its potential/resilience.
1 month ago
All things considered, the list seems about on par with the currently linked Purphoros deck, at least at first glance. freakingShane's deck has a slightly lower curve (2.75 vs 2.97), but he's missing a few cards that are definitely worth running that you have like Ruination and Stranglehold. The latter goes both ways though. Shane's inclusion of Vandalblast, Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx, and a few other cards not in your list, makes a lot of sense. Perhaps you and he could put your minds together to try for the optimal Purphoros build?
As for Purph's status in Tier 2.5, I polled a lot of competitive players over on the cEDH Discord, as well as on here. The general consensus seemed to be that he was a bit too slow/single-minded/easily stopped for true tier 2, so he was moved down. Though to be fair, he sees very little competitive play, so it's possible that he's being undervalued. That's the case for a good chunk of the commanders in the tier list: Not enough data for concrete placement.