Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
|Pauper Duel Commander||Legal|
Draw two cards. Then discard a card unless you return a land you control to its owner's hand.
7 months ago
i think you could get some use out of some of the better Moonfolk that return a land to your hand, combined with things that you have like Ayula's Influence. Meloku the Clouded Mirror and Uyo, Silent Prophet are probably the best but a couple other cool ones are Soratami Mirror-Mage and Soratami Savant. some other useful tricks to return lands to your hands are Vapor Snare, Deprive and Tragic Lesson. Trench Behemoth could also be an alternate win condition along the same vein. a few other land discard cards are Trade Routes and Compulsive Research. Greenseeker would also be very useful here. sweet deck overall and probably not room to add all of this but a few more tweaks could really make this shine.
9 months ago
Other Cards that you could consider cutting
- Ondu Giant => Seedguide Ash this card is one more mana expsive and has to die inorder to get the lands, but could be such a good upside. This dieing with your commander reads ramp 3 draw 3 cards and gain 3 life
- Soratami Mirror-Guard I get what you are doing here, but I feel like there are better payoffs for this
- Timbermaw Larva => Rampaging Brontodon trample is 1,000% better on this card
- Wakeroot Elemental 5 greens for a 5/5? way overcosted
- Wave-Wing Elemental again similar argument to Windrider Eel not that big of an impact
- Wild Wanderer good but could have better options
- Aetherflux Reservoir I know this is good in commander but why? No synergy at all, there has to be a better card slot here
- Elixir of Immortality I used to put this in all of my decks too, but it is counter productive to your stragay with cards like Splendid Reclamation and The Mending of Dominaria
- Wayfarer's Bauble There is better ramp than this in green
- I see why you have Jiang Yanggu but I feel like there is stronger cards than that. I cut the card to tutor Journey for the Elixir for him sorry :(
- There are a bunch of other better than Ranger's Path you could add, I'll show them in the recommendations
- Future Sight and Ominous Seas both seem strange here. I get future sight can draw cards, BUT I feel you should use mana sinks rather than off the top of your library draw
- Ghostly Flicker is on thin ice, like yes you have all the etb creatures but sometimes it is a dead card. meh at best?
Other Cards that you could consider adding
This is where the fun begins and your wallet cries
- You want Nissa, Who Shakes the World great card, it is a mana doubler ramp, and also you just win with the ultimate
- I heard you like ramp try Tireless Provisioner and pick up one for me while you are at it please
- Here is a gaint list of green ramp Harrow , Growth Spiral , Explore , Khalni Heart Expedition , Roiling Regrowth , Grow from the Ashes , Urban Evolution , Migration Path , Natural Connection , Nissa's Renewal , Nylea's Intervention , Spring / Mind , Animist's Awakening , Omen of the Hunt
- Keeping your life total at a high level Kazandu Nectarpot , Grazing Gladehart , Retreat to Kazandu , Jaddi Offshoot
- Mana Sinks, you are going to have a lot of mana, might as well do something with it Kamahl's Druidic Vow ummm.... yes? Kefnet the Mindful one of my favorite Gods, that doesn't have a place. I look forward to getting attacked by him Sprout Swarm it is really easy for this card to be "free"
That is all I can think of at the moment. I'm sure I'll have more la
10 months ago
I like the idea; I'd consider subbing out Quench for Censor and/or some Jwari Disruption Flip. I also like Frantic Inventory , and more importantly with Mystic Sanctuary , Tragic Lesson is an absolute house. I also think that without looting effects, 4x Mission Briefing is a little much; honestly, card advantage is probably more important than recursion, as you're not looking to max out big spells so much as play a lot of them. If you mainboard some mass-bounce, it could be worth it to run a couple Briefing, but I think things like Behold the Multiverse , Chart a Course , etc could be more helpful overall.
I also think with the full playset of Sanctuary, 4x Castle Vantress is too much as they don't add to island count; I think going down to just one or maybe two would be better, especially since by the time you'd be using them for value, you're generally either already winning or already losing.
I think Unsubstantiate is decent, but especially if you swap the other soft counters for hard ones, it may be worth changing out for Into the Roil to have a spell on four that clears the way for Skulker and adds to your draw count.
Finally, another card to consider (probably over Homunculus) is Jace, Vryn's Prodigy Flip. Especially with lots of draw spells, you're likely to flip it early, and it both adds to draw count for Skulker and once flipped won't be bounced - though it would be better in a build with Frantic Inventory or other graveyard synergies to get it going ASAP. I think this swap is more of a tossup compared to the stuff suggested above, though.
I want mono U to work in pioneer, so I love this. Cheers!
10 months ago
1 year ago
Typhoon is fantastic. I might make a separate list for that; I just love the Tragic Lesson + Mystic Sanctuary lock enough that I'm focusing on sorceries and instants. I'm a brewer at heart and tend to shy away from the true meta-decks for that reason, moreso for fun than truly to win more.
I might make a simic list to power out a hardcast Typhoon earlier, and abuse it in that way.
1 year ago
If you play this goblin then maybe you want some Train of Thought , but you need to change manabase in this case (I would cut ash barrens and maybe add dual lands oradd at least terramotphic expanse). Tragic Lesson is another option if you want to play foil, but well...Chris is a bad card without gush, so normal counterspell, or even dispel could be better. On the other hand.
1 year ago
Just going by Scryfall (even going as deep as <0.90c in terms of value rather than the full dollar) there are quite a few that spring up that I'd be interested in seeing made on such an extreme budget:
Rashmi, Eternities Crafter -- Simic Control/Tempo is something I'd be super interested to see on a budget, not gonna lie.
Tasigur, the Golden Fang -- Recursive politics on a budget?
Oviya Pashiri, Sage Lifecrafter -- Only because I have a budget plan for her myself, I'd be interested in seeing another take on it!
Darigaaz Reincarnated -- This is more of a pet idea for me, I love Darigaaz.
Sachi, Daughter of Seshiro -- If you're looking for a tribal commander, Shamans are a very unique tribe.
Those are just some that spring to mind for me looking over the list, whether you run with any of them or not I hope you enjoy the process of budgeteering! I know I do whenever I get the itch!
1 year ago
The best end game wincons so far: Angel's Grace/Ad Nauseam, Field of the Dead or Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle with Scapeshift or on their own. Dark Depths/Thespian Stage also is amazing in the format. Remember to use manlands, like Creeping Tar Pit or whatever you find fun. I know I'll look at Mutavault heavily for the format. Tokens can also do well, Commence the Endgame seems great!
Engines outside of it that can grind games are Mystic Sanctuary and Cryptic Command/Tragic Lesson/Daze/Gush, Life from the Loam and Horizon Canopy/Tranquil Thicket (Or any other cycling lands, but honestly Lftl works amazing on it's own).
What cards are really good to know about? Unsummon and effects like it should really be good, as all non-land permanents are tokens. Sinkhole and land destruction must be realized to be a very powerful effect, and Thoughtseize style discard is great!
Remember that Negate is just a cheaper Cancel and Miscast is a cheaper Mana Leak. Additionally Muddle the Mixture can both be a Counterspell or a Life from the Loam, and can be returned with Mystic Sanctuary.
Veil of Summer, Lightning Bolt, Silence, Stifle, Miscast, Flusterstorm, Dovin's Veto, Surgical Extraction & Cling to Dust (Amazing against Loam decks and some Sanctuary decks, as well as shutting off backup combos from recursive loops)
Currently Noxious Revival, Echoing Truth, Divert/Misdirection (against discard and burn), most discard, burn, Merchant Scroll, Entreat the Angels (Works well with Brainstorm, Mystic Sanctuary, etc.), and more are all strong.
Overall, it seems like a format where blue dominated, with green engines and tutors like Crop Rotation or Sylvan Scrying can set up the easy combos. Entomb for Life from the Loam, maybe Mission Briefing can do well too.
The best decks seem to be Bant Control, Simic Scapshift (sultai?), Sultai Loam Depths, Golgari Depths (Hymn to Tourach style list), Azorius Control (Entreat Sanctuary style) and Dimir+ Control (No idea the wincon, but a 2-4 color list, aimed at Miscast, Cling to Dust, and Thoughtseize as a base). A ramp build for field outside of Scapeshift, perhaps running it as only a backup, or perhaps a Sultai Loam Field Ramp list could work.
Sadly if you memorize the 6ish real wincons, the 4 bases, and understand the few counterplays the format is solved