Rashmi, Eternities Crafter
Legendary Creature — Elf Druid
Whenever you cast your first spell each turn, reveal the top card of your library. If it's a nonland card with converted mana cost less than that spell's, you may cast it without paying its mana cost. If you don't cast the revealed card, put it into your hand.
Printings View all
|Commander 2020 (C20)||Mythic Rare|
|Kaladesh (KLD)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Rashmi, Eternities Crafter occurrence in decks from the last year
Rashmi, Eternities Crafter Discussion
1 month ago
Mob Rule as a mass gain controll until EoT.
Boneyard Parley as a fact or fiction for graveyatrd creatures, and puts them on the battlefield.
Brutalizer Exarch creature tutor or non-creature tucker.
Gyre Engineer if you want to go infinite with one mana untappers.
Rashmi, Eternities Crafter always is good fun.
Plasm Capture as a more expensive mana drain if you're in simic.
Manifold Insights Gets better the more opponents you have.
Acidic Slime is a well known removal spell in green.
2 months ago
Your average converted mana cost is low enough to go to 33 or 34 if you had mana dorks.
- Holdout Settlement and Survivors' Encampment are just Springleaf Drum on lands. These are reasonable, depending on how hard your game plans need Kalamax or not.
- Rashmi, Eternities Crafter: Rashmi is incremental advantage. You and both know that you are going to play cards on other people’s turns, so why not get free stuff for doing so? Wavebreak Hippocamp does the same thing if you want more of this effect.
- Birds of Paradise, Llanowar Elves, Elvish Mystic, Arbor Elf, Priest of Titania, Rattleclaw Mystic. I prefer creature-based ramp if I’m playing . Most of these cards will Pod into Corridor Monitor, Deceiver Exarch, and Pestermite.
- Spellseeker: Spellseeker grabs most of the instants and sorceries in your deck and more food for Prime Speaker
- Torrential Gearhulk: Snapcaster Mage #2 aka Fatcaster mage. The 5/6 body is nice for when games go longer than expected.
- Thing in the Ice
Flip: I noticed that you don’t have ways to protect yourself. If played earlier, you can flip Thing in the Ice and reset that battlefield. It was dumb in other formats, it’s dumb in EDH as well.
- Niv-Mizzet, Parun: End-game beater and a storm card. Not necessary but strong.
- Creature Tutors: Finale of Devastation, Eldritch Evolution, and Neoform. More tutors for consistency.
Instants and Sorceries
- Reality Shift and Rapid Hybridization: Good removal outside of and . Do you really care about a 3/3 beast or a 2/2 manifest token? I don’t……
- Manamorphose: Just a good cantrip in Temur.
- Swan Song: Another good counter spell, but you have that covered pretty well. Once again, no one cares about one 2/2 bird….no one…
- Reiterate: Goes infinite with Turnabout and Dramatic Reversal and or more mana. However, I think Isochron Scepter is just better if infinite mana is the goal.
- Nature's Lore: This is only and grabs any forest onto the battlefield. Most of the time, you are going to tutor for Forest, so why not grab Breeding Pool instead?
- Raging Ravine: Ok, it has your colors. Are you ever going to activate this man-land? Also, it comes in tapped. Gross….
- Arch of Orazca: I think Arch is better in decks that lack access to card draw. You’re in . Drawing cards, most of the time, is not going to be a problem for you.
- Frilled Mystic and Mystic Snake: I’ve fallen for this trap too. I don’t want to pay for a counterspell on a weak 2/2 body. Compare these two cards to other mana spells like Cryptic Command. This cards counters, protects, and draws cards. I prefer utility creatures with more flexibility.
2 months ago
Thanks, Grind for the suggestions! Totally forgot that Savage Ventmaw went infinite with that card. I actually prefer Shared Summons instead of Fierce Empath because Haldan, Avid Arcanist can only cast non-creature cards. I plan on taking out Rashmi, Eternities Crafter and Primal Command to put those in to attempt to keep the lower mana curve.
3 months ago
SirFowler free casting was something I was considering, and Adept and Galvanoth seem real nice, hoping there are more like it. Cascade unfortunately only hits lower spells same with Rashmi, Eternities Crafter. Living Lore is an interesting way to reuse an Ultimatum or one we pitch. 4cmc for a 7/7, slap some haste on it and away we go seeing as we dont have to connect with a player.
dbpunk Initially I was thinking of going all in on the "non creature spell" theme adding the charms to the list, however upon further inspection a few Ultimatums require us to have permanants on the field/deck/grave (Cruel, Eerie, Genesis, Titanic and Ruinous in it's own way). Some charms may still make the cut though. Perhaps there are some permanant type multicolor cycles we could include?.
3 months ago
Personally, I felt like he was doing the "right" thing for self-serving reasons, much like how he views the animals. I definitely can see a Boros Lukka. But, to me, he's still not a good guy. Like, he still wants to kill the cat for most of the time and is seeking both his city's protection, yes, but also personal glory. I think he's more
Lukka, Master of Men and Beasts
Legendary Planeswalker - Lukka
+1: Create a 1/1 white Human Soldier creature token with lifelink and a 1/1 red Human Warrior creature token with haste.
-1: Gain control of target non-Human creature until end of turn. Untap that creature. It gains haste until end of turn. If it dealt no combat damage to its owner, it's owner gains life equal to its power, then exile that creature, then return that card to the battlefield under your control.
-12: Each non-Human creature you don't control deals damage equal to its power to its controller. You gain life equal to damage dealt this way.
I think he should've had a threaten effect on him, but more as a recruiting idea. I designed the -1 to reflect a more recruiter effect, but also, just reflecting his view of these creatures as weapons, he can just use them and let them leave.
So, some Companions work particularly well with specific Commanders, e.g.:
- Samut, Voice of Dissent & Zirda, the Dawnwaker (Samut's Rebellion), (if not moreso for Kenrith, the Returned King)
- Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim & Lurrus of the Dream-Den (Ayli and her pet, Lurrus)
- Sapling of Colfenor & Umori, the Collector (Saplings are Creatures Too!), (as well as Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord, Izoni, Thousand-Eyed, and Kadena, Slinking Sorcerer)
- Vial Smasher the Fierce & Obosh, the Preypiercer (Judith, the Scourge Diva, Nekusar, the Mindrazer, Lyzolda, the Blood Witch, and Kelsien, the Plague also might work?)
- Jodah, Archmage Eternal or Niv-Mizzet Reborn & Jegantha, the Wellspring
- Arahbo, Roar of the World or Marath, Will of the Wild & Kaheera, the Orphanguard
- Uro, Titan of Nature's Wrath or Rashmi, Eternities Crafter & Keruga, the Macrosage, maybe?
In that spirit, I'd like you to make a companion with a specific commander in mind. The Companion should be non-sentient and the Commander should be sentient, because I think being like a familiar/pet is cool as the dynamic and reflects the concept of bonders I think the design is to imply.
4 months ago
Hey I really like you deck, I think Kalamax seems like an awesome commander. Here are a couple cards that I think would do good in this kind of deck. Wavebreak Hippocamp for some card draw when you’re casting spells on your opponents turn. Rashmi, Eternities Crafter just for some more value and to keep you rolling. Also Naiad of Hidden Coves helps you cast you spells easier. And finally Seedborn Muse which will just help keep you going throughout your opponents turns.
4 months ago
Hey hey hey. Lockdown hasn't affected me much. I usually stay home when not working anyway, and I work at a sugar factory and we're considered a "critical infrastructure industry" so I still have to show up for work. And my wife is in the food industry as well so she still has to work. I'd say we're luckier than most but being out increases our chances of catching "the bug" even tho our employers are taking the appropriate measures against it. I started building a Rashmi, Eternities Crafter deck for my son in hopes that it will pique his interest in the game. Stay positive in these trying times.