|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Guilds of Ravnica: Guild Kit (GK1)||Rare|
|Ravnica: City of Guilds (RAV)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Razia, Boros Archangel
Legendary Creature — Angel
Flying, vigilance, haste
: The next 3 damage that would be dealt to target creature you control this turn is dealt to another target creature instead.
Commander Recommendations Start Commander Deck
Latest as Commander
Razia, Boros Archangel Discussion
1 month ago
I built my wife a boros deck too!!! You can find it here if you'd like to check it out! She wanted mono white, but I feel like it needs a support color.
I've had trouble in the past with it drawing enough cards to stay into the long game. Knollspine Dragon is fun. Chandra, Torch of Defiance fulfils a few rolls, including card advantage. There's also Mind Stone , Hedron Archive , and Commander's Sphere among others that can ramp then sac to draw
I'd maybe take out some of the higher costing cards for more card draw, mana fixers, or aggro. Gleam of Battle is high in cmc and requires some work. Divine Verdict could be a Swords to Plowshares or Path to Exile . Razia, Boros Archangel is really high at 8cmc
Anywho +1 from me! Keep up the good work
2 months ago
(Yes, I pulled off a freaking Thanos; but only half a Plane of Existence dies. Rip. No wonder Darkseid would beat him, & Nintendo never lost a Death Battle for soooo long (& no, Mario vs Sonic fight 1 barely counts; same for Nintendo vs Nintendo.) X/)
Commander / EDH*
SCORE: 2 | 14 COMMENTS | 908 VIEWS | IN 3 FOLDERS
I personally wonder how a sequel to an otherwise, crappy attempt for advice for a deck like this can get any worse. Regardless, might as well push on; ALOT of cuts have been made since; & I'm truly nearing the end; which means after that, I'll allow the personal Merit to make a Morophon, the Boundless Human Tribal Deck. But after that, & trying to make & cut to 100 cards for Kruphix, God of Horizons & aforementioned Tribal Deck; There is no more turning back; I plan to make a Tribal Deck w/ Kykar, Wind's Fury based on the 2016/2017 Documentary The Red Pill; as nobody had a previous objection to this even now, it is officially too late to object the idea.
IT's a Working Title as even though Razia, Boros Archangel was the Parun (The only rank of a Guild higher than a Guild Leader) of the Boros Legion; I actually wanted to get as ancient as possible; before the Ten Paruns was still an idea, & Ravnica, compared to other Major Planes of Existence is just recently formed in comparison to (then) many others.
Think of this as a haven for those who can think of combos in Commander/EDH that can win games; all while improving upon ideas The Legion would only dream of doing as a Guild. All that said & done though, I do apologize for this part of the whole thing; but it's not like I'd want to make a Tier 1 deck of this kind right away; that is too much already. But because Feather, the Redeemed , & (As a Joke.) Depala, Pilot Exemplar seemed to reach Tier 3, I'll start young from there. Even so, I do apologize about this kind of idea; but it just might work; after all, one topic stated "I played Boros before it is considered "cool""
Not the right name, but you get my point. If any of the few, the proud, the cEDH Boros users want to join in the future, I only need one suggestion: In MTG Lore, The Boros League's Parun: Razia is the first thing we know of in Ravnican Lore for the Boros Legion. But there was also a time before even the idea of a Parun of a Guild was ever a thought; here would have to be someone for each of the "Ten Guilds-To-Become" as the Primordial base for all ten. You may list all 10 each if you wish, but I just want the one for Boros.
& yes, In apologize for the whole "Boros" idea for the few cEDH Players, but, as I said before, most of my crap is more akin to "Semi-Competitive" anyway.
AW CRAP! I souldn't have mentioned my updates here! Uh, here are the questions before I have a mental breakdown for having most of this topic about anything, but Questions:
2: On the Topic of ol' Mu-Mu (I pray I'm still being honourable to her while enchristening her with a cute, & Affectionate Nickname; I don't understand Chinese Dialect; & I'm trying to learn Nipponese Kanji... Please forgive Me, Yanling...) She too has two new iterations, but which is the better to add?: Do you think Mu Yanling, Sky Dancer would be good? Sucks that has 2 Loyalty, maybe adding Prismatic Omen again can help? At least it's better than having to deal w/ Blood Moon , or what about Mu Yanling, Celestial Wind ?
3: ( Elspeth, Knight-Errant is kept.)
4: Golos, Tireless Pilgrim is an awesome new reveal, & I consider Top Secret Tek. Flikering it Recht & Link to supply you w/ your whole library of Lands, easily a card that is of immense Banworthiness. I also included Crucible of Worlds (Which WILL NOT leave the deck; especially if I get my lands screwed by an Armageddemon . Since I don't intend to lose either of the former, I think it is time to recreate Zendikar in ways not even Nissa, Who Shakes the World would ever do; Wrenn and Six can manipulate Lands, while working w/ both Crucible of Worlds & Golos, Tireless Pilgrim . But there is Also Xenagos, the Reveler , who makes a ton of mana from your creature tokens; can make a Hasty 2/2 Satyr, & for the record, his Ultimate is ENTIRELY OPTIONAL.
5: Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast ; Reason of Death: The creature from the Star Trek episode: The Man Trap.
6: (Ol' Teyo gets promoted in rank as a Shieldmage.)
(Not like it matters, Walkers w/ Indestructible while still being Walkers can be damaged all the same...)
7: (Misguided Idiocy Averted.)
8: (Very well. This Karn gets Korned.)
Commander / EDH*
SCORE: 25 | 10 COMMENTS | 2784 VIEWS | IN 30 FOLDERS
Because I had no choice but to mention this again. After I reach the 100 card mark, I wonder how to rebuild my landbase on a budget-level cEDH Level; despite being only "Semi-Cometitive". How'd you recreate this? Remember the Cycle Duals are mandatory 5 slots by default, & Crucible of Worlds , & Golos, Tireless Pilgrim are not to be cut from the non-lands either.
Side Note: It's fair enough This was meant for 1, 2, or even 3 color decks; I just used something similar for the current decklist.
And... that's it, actually. That took soooo long. So I'd like some answers unless anyone can make me answer them myself. Regardless, I still need to cut to 100 cards. So I hope this crappy sequel can help... :D
For Now, I'm planning after all this...
Actually, I have one last announcement. Remember that time that I wanted to make a Partners Deck? Well, I wasn't kidding. & neither is the theme in question, based on these cards:
Inverter of Truth (Maybe?)
Yep, I'm making a deck based on Exile running colors. Not running Atraxa though; I can't even believe I even cut her from Superfriends/Avengers. What two Partners would be good in a deck like this? & no, is exempt from this as their exile stuff isn't truly well devised here unless you got some things to say otherwise against this fact.
3 months ago
I thought the last time was the final time I converse w/ such a Dark Art, but...
Commander / EDH*
SCORE: 2 | 8 COMMENTS | 159 VIEWS
After all the times I have thought of, even w/ multiple Wincons (Even a One-Sided Helm of Obedience + Rest in Peace where everyone but you mills their library combined w/ some artifice that untaps. (BTW, I really like the Rest in Peace in Signature Spellbook: Gideon. Very well done flavor. T_T
Since I'm trying to do an infinite combo on such a duo, that's not the only combo I'd want to do. Outside of the other two combos focusing on infinite damage or even infinite Combat Phases, I've several things to address.
A: Are there any other truly competitive Boros Combos so few ever talk of that are also cEDH worthy? It's quite fine if you say no, if none; in such a case, I already have three as it is.
B: With stuff coming from War of the Spark (WAR), & Modern Horizon (MH1), I already have Prismatic Vista , & even the new Talisman of Conviction (My very conviction right now is making an archetype truly good; If so few cEDH Commanders can win before Turn Three, I'll have to try & take advantage of this fact before even those that are close to doing it also suffer. But the limits of Boros are truly high, so even if a Tier 3 can somehow beat even a Tier 2, that in itself is Manipulating Fate itself.), can you guys think of anything good from either set in Boros colors already not used yet?
C: The CMDR that will prepare for Pre-Flight, & Ultimately, shine above all others. For this list, I'll mention some things that might actually work, but I'm also mentioning everyone else in a hard decision for a CMDR for this:
* Adriana, Captain of the Guard : Was there an Aggro for cEDH? Yes, actually. Breakfast Hulk Thrasios / Tymna . Ironically, there are many variants of this trope, though the strict rule (Mostly.) is that you need Protean Hulk . Boros doesn't even have a card like that in their colors, otherwise, it actually would have such combos in mind. For this, the ol' Hulk Combo is out; unless you have a secret 4th combo that can be used here as a kind of Hulk combo; & no, we're not Naga Wizards capable of Sultai () Magic, much less stuff that might as well have in a CMDR's Color identity (We already have A Snow Creature w/ that as it is.). Regardless, anyone who has an idea for a Hulk Alternative for Boros, Post IMMEDIATELY. I'd love to put it in no matter how slow. For now...
* Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran : Strictly worse than Adriana. Instead of tapping like mad, those in you control get +2/+0, while creatures also attacking get +0/+2. (Attacking creatures w/ defense support. (Screams Internally).) At least Adriana attacks, & the others get a bonus for attacking all the same! Again, we need a Boros Hulk Combo of some kind.
* Akiri, Line-Slinger : This one actually makes more sense than both former cards (& maybe more.). First Strike, & Vigilance means she can Attack, & Block many threats. While her toughness is relatively low; only 3, Akiri's Power, although starting at 0, increases for each artifact you control. Since this has a crapton on of them, this might actually go far; in addition to the fact this can strike, & block at the same turn. Do NOT underestimate a Kor that uses lines af if she is a Kusari-Gama Practioner...
* Anax and Cymede : Like the aforementioned Akiri, this King & Queen duo of Akros has both First Strike & Vigilance; but Heroic really hurts them more than most. Heroic requires these two to be targeted by a spell you control, not an ability. Stuff that enters play has to target these before their part of the Stack resolves; & we don't even have anything to back this up! Why can't we just act like Assassins, & murder both rulers w/o anyone noticing?
* Anya, Merciless Angel : This Angel is Automatic crap. No opponent would go near 20 just to make this Warrior of God have Indestructible, much less have a +3/+3 boost. Is this possible anywhere? The answer is no. Easily one of the worst Boros Commanders in my book; We already have better flyers anyway.
* Aurelia, Exemplar of Justice : Better than anything the Wojec Troops can even allow in, the 2nd iteration of Aurelia Flies better, gives a +1/+1 Counter on those w/ lower power; but that's not saying much, she has only 2 Power, & 5 Toughness. & while Agrus would be jealous of the fact she gives Creatures Vigilance, is opposed to a meaningless +0/+2, Aurelia is certainly no leader of a Guild that is reckless in combat for so long. If it means Mana Bleed, The Legion needs a better leader...
* Aurelia, the Warleader : Ah, OI! We already have her in the 99 via a combo! We don't need her as a Commander on her own terms!
* Basandra, Battle Seraph : Another surprisingly decent Leader of War, &... (sigh)... A sadist; but we've seen worse in Mono- alone. Anyways, She flies, Locksdown spells in combat, & even forces enemy creatures to attack; three great qualities such a CMDR needs in these colors. We now have our potential applicant Numero Dos, alongside Akiri, Line-Slinger . Is it possible this deck might have its own Dominatrix-sama? Well, we're certainly not finished here, we still have more...
* Brion Stoutarm : Easily my choice for Giant Tribal, but NOT a cEDH Commander. Lifelink is really good here, unless somebody makes you want to gain life from a card in play. Really discerning when everything a Giant Tribe Leader throws at your opponents is truly horrific as you gain life. Only one card like this also exists as a Commander in this identity. & "they" have much higher potential than this Beast; which, contrary to popular children's jokes, has a Bigger Brain than even Aminatou's head as a whole. XP
* Bruse Tarl, Boorish Herder : Where Akiri succeeds in pure raw power, & can still react, ol Bruce (Because Bruse as a name makes no sense at all.), however, is the idiot Herder that's not only an idiot, but not even a dumb fattie. He has to enter play or attack to grant ONE creature Double Strike, & Lifelink. One creature isn't going to cut it, Ally of Tazri. This is basically combat restricted; & only on your turn. What a damned waste.
(& while we're at it...)
Akiri, & Bruce as Partners (Meaning you only need to worry about 98 other garbage.) does make both Allies better than they initially were (w/ Akiri.), or will never be (w/ Bruce.). One shotting an opponent by bypassing Akiri's First Strike & converting it to Double Strike does make winning a lot easier, but we already have an infinite combat phase combo anyway, so, why the hell should I care?!
* Depala, Pilot Exemplar : Depala was never meant to be truly good, but the problem with this monstrosity is that Depala is meant as a Tribe Leader backed up w/ more Vehicualar Manslaughtering Depala should've had as a Commander. Sure, Dwarves are great here, but we're making a deck that can seriously perform, not make a Dwarf army that act like reckless idiots that do just fine on their own (Most Dwarves as of the Kaladesh Block don't have to rely on Vehicular Destruction for the most part.) Don't get me wrong, some Vehicles are awesome, but so few are truly great, & even Depala barely knows any of them; she just wants to make an army of Vehicle piloted Dwarves. Maybe a Five Vehicle Group that behaves like GoLion/Voltron, or even Daizyujin/the Dino Megazord would be fun... ^_^
* Feather, the Redeemed : This may as well go down in MTG history as the greatest Boros Commander ever. This is also a kind of Commander that says: Your mileage may vary. Since we aren't running a lot of Nonperms in comparison to the rest of this deck, this is actually useless. Good cost and all, but even recurring the few Nonperms makes this a waste. However, it does get an Honorable Mention for getting the closest so far for being of cEDH quality... ...Until you realize 2 Minotaur would love to say: Konnichi-AH!
* Firesong and Sunspeaker : Burn everything, & gain life for it. These two Minotaurs would love you playing some big burn spells in exchange for healing you if they aren't Permanents. But loves burning the crap out of anything, & is complemented by 's ability to heal as the fire settles. Regardless though, even to this day, I really wanted to find a loophole w/ these beasties in which you gain life, while your opponent gets cremated, & lasts for eternity; all w/o some ruling WotC declared, or a card that its effects don't end even after the smoldering. Anyone who can find such a card, let me know right away; I'd love to make this kind of deck... ;)
* Gisela, Blade of Goldnight : Flying, First Strike, Doubling damage from you, & even halving opposing damage, rounding up; Gisela is one of the greatest Angels in MTG History, considering her pure presence as she enters play, her overall power & Grace is a monster to beheld. But that's not saying much; Gisela has gotten significantly weaker than it originally was. Gisela #1's flaws come from a manacost you won't pay in time. & even using the wrath of Gisela is probably better off w/ Heartless Hidetsugu & a damage doubler that at least leaves you w/ one life, rounded up... As for damage, even Aurelia, the Warleader & even Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker can do so much better at a faster rate.
* Iroas, God of Victory : Having a God in these colors are great. Indestructible is also good. Having a Dolmen Gate effect is amazing, & giving all your creatures Menace? The only restriction is your Devotion & Conviction to both & needs to be 7up, otherwise, it's not a creature. But if Aggro is hellish in this manner, What other Commander of The Legion would you want? This makes Iroas Boros cEDH Commander #3; alongside Akiri, Line-Slinger , & Basandra, Battle Seraph ; But I can't stress this out; Boros needs its own Hulk Combo in such colors; I don't care if it means adding artifice!
* Jor Kadeen, the Prevailer : First Strike has already been demonstrated before in very well done manner. Metalcraft will give your creatures +3/+0 as long as you have 3 or more Artifacts. No pressure, we already have a lot. & a 5/4 is not that scoffable to a degree either. There's just one problem. Jor himself; he has to be in play to use his Metalcrafting of otherwise, Phyrexian alloy. W/o one of the few Mirran Resistance members left, that boost ceases to exist. Don't get me wrong, an 8/4 is uncalled of, but that's just an idea for a really stupid fat cell massing. It's no wonder the Praetors won; how many Mirran are left?
* Kalemne, Disciple of Iroas : Just shortly after talking about Iroas himself, we have what should be a Disciple of that God. Not even close. Double Strike & Vigilange all at once is amazing; but, that is all. During Commander 2015, there were several Commanders of enemy 2 colors, some better than others. If you want to know who, I'll explain your Folly!
* Meren of Clan Nel Toth : Gains an experience counter every time a creature besides Meren you control dies. The more experience Meren has during the end step, the bigger creatures she can recur back into play!
* Mizzix of the Izmagnus : When you cast an Instant or Sorcery more than the number of experience counters, you gain one. Each counter represent one less to cast them.
* Daxos the Returned : For every Enchantment you cast, you gain an experience counter. You can create a Spirit Enchantment Creature w/ X/X where X in the number of experience counters you have.
* Ezuri, Claw of Progress : When you cast a creature with Power 2 or less enters play, you get an experience counter. At the beginning of Combat, another creature gets +X/+X, where X is the number of Experience Counters.
But what about this Giant? Hold onto your butts. It sucks. She requires to cast creatures w/ 5CMC or more to even grant you a counter of this kind. What do you get in return? Just a +1/+1 boost for each counter. While you are trying to afford to cast fatties that suck, someone might say to you about this whimp: "I beat you in 5 turns." (Your usual Commander Game.), "I beat you in 2 turns', (Now we're reaching cEDH level territory, but only slightly.) or worse: "You lose before your next turn."! Boros doesn't have time for trying to buff your creatures in such a slow speed, & neither should the God of Victory himself!
* Munda, Ambush Leader : Thought Boros Commanders were bad already? Even Tazri herself (Himself?) would relieve this imbecile of duty permanently, & feed her to the Eldrazi Swarm. Haste is alright, but all other things about this being blow. As an Ally, Munda just searches your Top 4 cards of your library to find one thing; at least one other Ally to Topdeck. The rest is put onto the bottom of your library in a random order. The Pinnacle of Dishonorable Mentions in Boros? Your pick, Boss.
* Razia, Boros Archangel : Actually, THIS is the Pinnacle of Dishonorable Mentions in the colors allotted. 8CMC basically means you'll already be too late to cast this Outcast of the Legion (Even w/ Mana Rocks, this is a very hard task, even in a Base Commander Game.)! & even if you can cast this, her abilities are truly lackluster. Flying, Vigilance, & Haste would've all been amazing, IF RAZIA WAS DAMN CHEAPER TO CAST! Even tapping her to even redirect combat damage compromises her "already awesome in these colors" Vigilance! & she can only handle 3 of that damage! Uh... I hope you don't mind, Razia-sama, but I'm going to have to Lightning Bolt your ass to nothing. SPECIAL DELIVERY!
* Tajic, Blade of the Legion : The Guildrunner of Boros Legion has some very awesome tricks. First, he's indestructible, & 2nd, if he & at least 2 others attack, he gets +5/+5. This boosts him from a meager 2/2 to a freaking 7/7. There's just one problem w/ this. The bonus isn't shared to other attackers you declare, & Tajic himself just was nominated by the Boros Legion to find an end to a certain "Implicit Maze". Just fighting w/ two others only to have you w/ all the benefits reaped to you & all others pissed at you for not having such abilities? Pass.
* Tajic, Legion's Edge : Haste actually seems to work better here, Tajic also has more potential w/ Mentor than Aurelia can ever dream of doing. Also, Noncombat Damage dealt to creatures besides Tajic are negated. Even Paying for first strike seems sound here. The only problem w/ this is that nearly all Tajic has just seem's... underwhelming... Oh well, Maybe I'm not cut up to be a Legion Cadet after all. Oh well, time to Swab the Deck; speaking of this...
* Tiana, Ship's Caretaker : Flying & First Strike in the Air sounds awesome. Being able to recur Auras, & Equipment back to your hand at the next end step is also awesome. One problem though; we already have a merciless Guild Leader w/ her own combo. Nice try, Tiana. Swab the Deck, dammit. Jhoira stated the direct order.
* Archangel Avacyn Flip: A Flashing into Play Commander in Boros? Nice. Flying? Great. Vigilance? Is this my life I'm living? I'm doubting this. Indestructible for all you creatures, including Ava-fricken-cyn?! OMG! How can she get better than that? Well, let's kill off one of our own, (One turn later.) Holy... Avacyn is Transforming? I'm fricken loving this! She is now... Avacyn, the Purifier . S---. I'm going to have to tank that damage, & I've seen better use of damage anyway. Regardless, I actually do recommend Archangel Avacyn Flip regardless. The Road so far? Akiri, Line-Slinger , Basandra, Battle Seraph , Iroas, God of Victory , & now Archangel Avacyn Flip reach the best thus far, Boros' Fantastic 4; just, not the MARVEL franchise; it sucks.
* Khorvath Brightflame & Sylvia Brightspear : I might need a famous weapon to smite these two... Easily one of the Worse Duos from Battlebond, I'd rather use Akiri & Bruce over these anyday. Starting w/ Khorvath, I love the Flying & Haste thing going on thus far, but a duo where Knights & Dragons are the ultimate enemies? So why would Khorvath Brightflame, Envoy of the End give your Knights his exact abilities?! Sylvia Brightspear, Envoy of the Beginning has Double Strike, but gives Dragons the same thing. Merely just Vanilla Statistics, this is Tier 5 garbage, Envoy of Post-Time. We've already explored numerous times that Tribal Components in cEDH don't work so well. This is the last I'll say that here. Also the last thing I'll say is If anyone has an idea for a Boros Hulk Combo, let me know!
Overall: Akiri, Line-Slinger , Basandra, Battle Seraph , Iroas, God of Victory , & now Archangel Avacyn Flip are the four candidates for this kind of deck. All that said, I just want to cut to 100 cards, find even just one more combo if needed, & at least playtest from there. If you have something to add, here, you must also suggest a cut as well, or, just simply mention a cut. I want to make the most competitive Boros can ever make, where all others failed. Wish all of us good luck.
Oh, BTW, as I'm making a Simic deck, I read Rashmi, Eternities Crafter can cast cards like Wildest Dreams nonstop. Since that card is an X-Cost, how do cards leave exile in such a way done in her colors? Kruphix would love to put her in...
7 months ago
8 months ago
i had to make a new account under the name of the very creature i was recommended bc apparently i dont know how to link a card and apparently you can't delete comments, pretty unepic. Anyways I'd HAVE to recommend Garrison Sergeant, as well as the other strongest boros card Razia, Boros Archangel other EXCELLENT inclusions are: Razor Boomerang some classics should make a return in this deck, Highspire Mantis Firemane Angel Mardu Scout and Depala, Pilot Exemplar is an ESSENTIAL
8 months ago
Surprised not to see Razia, Boros Archangel. She seems like she'd be right up this deck's alley
10 months ago
My Sword-tribal (its only like seven swords I suck) is Razia, Boros Archangel because she has a FIRE sword. But Tajic is like 100x better so good choice.
Sword of the Chosen isn't equipment but its a fine sword that boosts your Commander.
1 year ago
This looks great but I have one question, is Razia, Boros Archangel actually going to be in the deck once dominaria comes out and we can have Firesong and Sunspeaker?
No data for this card yet.