|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Fifth Edition (5ED)||Common|
|Ice Age (ICE)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Target creature gains flying until end of turn.
Draw a card at the beginning of the next turn's upkeep.
3 months ago
I also like Icy Manipulator both for flavor and for utility. Dark Depths might be out of your price range, but it is such a cool flavor card. also on that list is Glacial Chasm . Some more enter the battlefield creatures might be really helpful things like Eternal Witness and Hornet Queen are busted good with roon. Eon Hub does things in this deck. I have no idea if it is a good card or not for the deck, but it certainly does things.
Some cool things to think about (specifically cool for you, and very uncool for your opponents). If you can make your opponents lands snow covered all of a sudden Balduvian Conjurer and Balduvian Frostwaker make them removable with creature removal like Swords to Plowshares and Path to Exile can now remove lands. Which I guess for those specific removal cards seems pretty bad, but uh Sunscour after making all of your opponent's lands into 2/2's with the frostwaker seems pretty hilarious to me.
Altogether your list is super fun and flavorful, could it have more focus on making a specific win condition go? like Worldly Tutor to get out the Rimefeather Owl consistently? Sure, but this schema is going to be tough to break, which is why it is fun. I think you could do more board clears and more making your opponent's lands into creatures, but I think that will make your play group dislike you pretty quickly. Noyan Dar, Roil Shaper might be fun if you want to go all in on making your lands into creatures and winning that way. And with that dude, you could go with Devastation Tide and Rude Awakening . There are a bunch of things your list could be sharpened into. Hope this helps.
3 years ago
You have a lot of weenies. This works well with unblockable but you may want to consider wipes and cards like Night of Souls' Betrayal or Elesh Norn being played early via some graveyard manipulation.
Also consider that they have blockers for your blockable creatures and removal for your unblockable ones. What is your gameplan then? If your blockable creatures aren't threatening to your opponent's creatures as well as the opponent, you may get stalled.
Consider some stronger creature options. Your low CMC is good for a faster clock, but can hinder you when the faster clock results in a slower gameplan.
- Wind Dancer Simply too slow.
- Vampire Interloper Simply awful.
- Stealer of Secrets, Scroll Thief very overcosted, not a bad effect
- Surveilling Sprite, Palace Familiar again not a bad effect on a weak body
- Owl Familiar (keep it if you want)
- Memnite I like the speed, but...
- Dimir Cutpurse
- Bearer of Silence and Shriekmaw are both removal that is overpriced. You will rarely use their other abilities, I think.
- Basilica Screecher
- Thalakos Seer
- Dauthi Horror
- Dauthi Ghoul
- Neurok Invisimancer
- Tomorrow, Azami's Familiar swap for Notion Thief (Tomorrow is better in it's own deck)
- Vault Skirge meh
- Updraft / Wind Sail / Cloak of Feathers Effects like this probably won't be very beneficial. I'd rather run removal, or a permanent, reusable source of flying (think - Equipment)
Debate keeping wrexial.
- Cranial Plating You are running a bunch of artifacts. Slap this on an unblockable creature and watch your opponents scramble for removal.
- Vapor Snag type effects (light bounce, can be used defensively)
- Doom Blade There's probably more ninja-like removal out there.
- Go for the Throat
- Distortion Strike
Ninjas sometimes have a subtheme of equipment. Just figured I'd recommend a few if you go this route.
- Mask of Riddles - Whispersilk pt.2
- Skeleton Key - Whispersilk pt.3
- Quietus Spike - I have a thing for this card (Scytheclaw too)
- Inquisitor's Flail
- Grafted Exoskeleton
- Shuriken maximum flavor
- Ronin Warclub Works incredibly well with ninjas
- Sai of the Shinobi likewise
- Worldslayer 'troll' option
- Swords of X and Y ($$$$$)
You'll want to avoid wipes since you rely on creatures a lot yourself, beyond things like Cyclonic Rift. If you find wipes to be troublesome, try something like Living Death or a mass return-to-hand-from-grave spell.
Lands to consider:
Here is an odd idea which might be appealing. Steal their creatures, attack, and ninjutsu your own in, bouncing their creature and putting yours into play.
If you want to go this way, I can suggest some big ones:
No data for this card yet.