Creature — Dauthi Zombie
Shadow (This creature can block or be blocked by only creatures with shadow.)
Whenever a creature with shadow is put into a graveyard from play, put a +1/+1 counter on Dauthi Ghoul.
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Dauthi Ghoul Discussion
1 year ago
I've been playing around with the other deck a bit, adding Entomb + Reanimate andPhyrexian Altar but there is no budget card I'm aware of for phyrexian altar. There are some for entomb if you feel like replacing Buried Alive. But Grave Pact + Nether Traitor + Phyrexian Altar and Dauthi Ghoul are great infinite combos. Just food for thought if you have the cash.
2 years ago
Yes you read that right, I'm looking for creatures with Shadow (and stuff to go with them). Here's the list. My binder is out of date, but if you have enough of the pieces, I can look through your wants or we can discuss a trade.
4x Dauthi Ghoul
4x Dark Ritual
2 years ago
3 years ago
Cutthroat il-Dal, Dauthi Cutthroat, Dauthi Ghoul, Dauthi Horror, Dauthi Jackal, Dauthi Marauder, Dauthi Mercenary, Dauthi Mindripper, Dauthi Slayer, Dauthi Trapper, Dauthi Warlord, Faceless Devourer.
3 years ago
You have a lot of weenies. This works well with unblockable but you may want to consider wipes and cards like Night of Souls' Betrayal or Elesh Norn being played early via some graveyard manipulation.
Also consider that they have blockers for your blockable creatures and removal for your unblockable ones. What is your gameplan then? If your blockable creatures aren't threatening to your opponent's creatures as well as the opponent, you may get stalled.
Consider some stronger creature options. Your low CMC is good for a faster clock, but can hinder you when the faster clock results in a slower gameplan.
- Wind Dancer Simply too slow.
- Vampire Interloper Simply awful.
- Stealer of Secrets, Scroll Thief very overcosted, not a bad effect
- Surveilling Sprite, Palace Familiar again not a bad effect on a weak body
- Owl Familiar (keep it if you want)
- Memnite I like the speed, but...
- Dimir Cutpurse
- Bearer of Silence and Shriekmaw are both removal that is overpriced. You will rarely use their other abilities, I think.
- Basilica Screecher
- Thalakos Seer
- Dauthi Horror
- Dauthi Ghoul
- Neurok Invisimancer
- Tomorrow, Azami's Familiar swap for Notion Thief (Tomorrow is better in it's own deck)
- Vault Skirge meh
- Updraft / Wind Sail / Cloak of Feathers Effects like this probably won't be very beneficial. I'd rather run removal, or a permanent, reusable source of flying (think - Equipment)
Debate keeping wrexial.
- Cranial Plating You are running a bunch of artifacts. Slap this on an unblockable creature and watch your opponents scramble for removal.
- Vapor Snag type effects (light bounce, can be used defensively)
- Doom Blade There's probably more ninja-like removal out there.
- Go for the Throat
- Distortion Strike
Ninjas sometimes have a subtheme of equipment. Just figured I'd recommend a few if you go this route.
- Mask of Riddles - Whispersilk pt.2
- Skeleton Key - Whispersilk pt.3
- Quietus Spike - I have a thing for this card (Scytheclaw too)
- Inquisitor's Flail
- Grafted Exoskeleton
- Shuriken maximum flavor
- Ronin Warclub Works incredibly well with ninjas
- Sai of the Shinobi likewise
- Worldslayer 'troll' option
- Swords of X and Y ($$$$$)
You'll want to avoid wipes since you rely on creatures a lot yourself, beyond things like Cyclonic Rift. If you find wipes to be troublesome, try something like Living Death or a mass return-to-hand-from-grave spell.
Lands to consider:
Here is an odd idea which might be appealing. Steal their creatures, attack, and ninjutsu your own in, bouncing their creature and putting yours into play.
If you want to go this way, I can suggest some big ones: