|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Coldsnap Theme Deck (CTD)||Common|
|2012 Core Set (M12)||Common|
|Duels of the Planeswalkers (DPA)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Jace vs. Chandra (DD2)||Common|
|Masters Edition II (ME2)||Common|
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Common|
|Deckmasters: Garfield vs. Finkel (DKM)||Common|
|Fifth Edition (5ED)||Common|
|Ice Age (ICE)||Common|
|Promo Set (000)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Incinerate deals 3 damage to target creature or player. A creature dealt damage this way can't be regenerated this turn.
6 days ago
OK, let us see…
Land creature ratio:
- Try 22 Lands instead of 20 (trust me on this).
- 25 – 26 creatures are just fine.
- 12 – 13 spells.
- Replace Cinder Glade or Rootbound Crag with Game Trail (Since you are on a budget).
- 1x Kessig Wolf Run .
- Add 1x Forest or another Cinder Glade , Rootbound Crag , Game Trail or Kazandu Refuge .
- Daybreak Ranger Flip good card, but usually better as sideboard, whenever you face tons of flyers or when in need for extra removal. I would replace the whole set with Duskwatch Recruiter Flip, faster, cheaper (in both mana and dollars) and helps a lot to keep your hand and board full of wolves. Another budget replacement, could be Gatstaf Shepherd Flip, same cmc, goes for like 20 cents the copy and has intimidate.
- Geier Reach Bandit Flip another pretty good card, but I would just main 2 copies, more than that is usually not great, and this opens space to great finishers like Kruin Outlaw Flip.
- You have a ton of “Lord Effects”, so Reckless Waif Flip might be a good addition, since she has better body than Village Messenger Flip. Maybe tun a mix of both? Also could replace some Bandits to make the deck more aggro.
- Now about Silverfur Partisan . Most people think that you need a bunch of instants to cast on it yourself to justify its inclusion. WRONG! Even though that is a way to make it work, and even thought there a couple of cool combos with Zada, Hedron Grinder , it is not its main role. While in play, the partisan gives you a wolf for EVERY TARGETED WOLF OR WEREWOLF, which means that for every removal spell they cast on your creatures, you get a free replacement, which is great against some heavy removal decks. Remember that Werewolves have 3 main weak points, fliers, removal and mass removal. A great side board card.
- Magma Jet is not good here. I get the scry thing and all, but damage is more important for wolves. The obvious is Lightning Bolt , but usually with the money of just one copy, you can get 4x Lightning Strike or Incinerate or even something like Arc Trail (not recommended).
- Rabid Bite this is a terrible, ugly, and horrible card. Never ever use it! Try Pounce instead.
Hope this helps! Be kind and have fun.
1 month ago
Depending on which browser I use, I can't comment on the deck page so I'll post here though I dunno if you'll see it here:
Played a few more rounds:
Game 1: I'm on the draw. Dude drops a turn 1 Arcbound Ravager , sacs everything, and proceeds to swing away with an 8/8 starting on turn 2. I take a profound beating but respond with Emmara, Soul of the Accord and attack, making chumps to feed his monster. He doesn't draw anything else after that and I bust him ftw. 1-0
Game 2: He's a little slower and only makes Frogmite and Arcbound Worker on turn 1. Ravager comes out turn 2. I get Hero of Precinct One and make dudes with Tajic, Legion's Edge and spank for 6 right away. He responds with all out attack. I block the Frogmite and he sacs out, pumping the Ravager up to 6, brings me down to 5, and finishes with Shrapnel Blast . 1-1
Game 3: On the play again. I have to mulligan, keeping two land and a mox, but make Hero while he makes Ravager and a pair of Ornithopter . He swings, I try Response / Resurgence on the Ravager so he sacs everything and makes the Ornithopter 5/7, just outside Collision range (in my effing hand, no less!). Whatever. I make a Swiftblade Vindicator while he attacks me down to 1, I throw Colossus on the vindicator and swing all out, pummeling him for 14... he's at freaking 15. One more freaking damage OMFG!!! Ornithopter finishes me off while I stare at the same two land and useless mox. 1-2
Game 1: On the play, I get no red mana but two mox and Emmara, and which allows me to drop her and Hero on turn 2. Next turn Aurelia, Exemplar of Justice and swing for 6. All I see on his end is Anticipate and Eldrazi Skyspawner . 1-0
Game 2: I lose one Emmara to Harnessed Lightning , a second to Thopter Arrest . Stuck on two mana and a useless Mox, I make Hero and lose that to another lightning. Everything in my hand costs 3. He makes Jace, Unraveler of Secrets . I find another land and make Legion Warboss , he responds with Eldrazi Skyspawner . This allows Tajic, who gets traded but I take Jace down to 1. Chandra, Torch of Defiance torches the Warboss, leaving me with a 2/2 and a 1/1 goblin so he makes Heart of Kiran which takes 6 from Collision / Colossus allowing me to polish off his planeswalkers. Tajic happens again only to fall under Thopter Arrest. Then Aurelia happens, pumping the goblin and this is the first time I actually damage this punk. Next turn, eleven, one Chance for Glory dies to Negate but the second gets through ftw. 2-0
Game 3: Vindicator dies to lightning, Emmara dies to Thopter Arrest, I drop a second Emmara and he plays Felidar Guardian to blink the arrest, kills one Emmara to the legend rule and arrests the survivor. I have Tajic but he's not going to bust through the 1/4, he topdecks Saheeli Rai . GG. 2-1
Game 1: I'm on the draw. Thunderherd Migration reveals Ghalta, Primal Hunger and pumped Vindicator takes down Steel Leaf Champion early. He then ramps while Tajic pumps Vindicator for 7 to the face when he drops 6/6 Multani, Yavimaya's Avatar . Tajic pumps the Vindicator again at a loss to himself while Warboss adds another, bringing him to 6. He then plays another Champion, then taps 2 for Ghalta. Colossus and the double-striker trade for the 12/12 and it costs me the Warboss and Emmara so I get him to 3 but I got nothing left but tokens. He finds a Gigantosaurus and sends 8/8 trampling Multani over. I've got 4 attackers, he's got 3 blockers and I topdeck the Planeswalker. I have another Vindicator so I offer him to the 10/10. We trade, then he throws down another Ghalta and my next card is a land. 0-1
Game 2: I keep two Clifftop Retreat and a hero and wait to draw a green while he ramps into Steel Leaf Champion , Gigantosaurus , then Aggressive Mammoth . I can make some dudes but not that much, he makes another 10/10 and Ghalta. 0-2
Game 3: Hero, Emmara, and Vindicator jump out the gate while he ramps into Gigantosaurus. I trade Vindicator plus Colossus for the big guy and cast Chance for Glory but it wouldn't have mattered since I had so many dudes out by that point. 1-2
vs. Stars n Stripes
Game 1: Early Tajic and Vindicator get in for sixteen before dying to Wrath of God . Hero dies to Incinerate , Aurelia, Exemplar of Justice eats a Force of Will , and Vindicator knocks him down to 1 before eating another Wrath. Out of creatures, Huatli sits there and adds counters until he finds Rainbow Efreet to eat away at her. I finally start to draw creatures again but by this time he's got two Thawing Glaciers being fed by Brainstorm and everything I cast gets burnt, countered, or nuked. Efreet ftw. 0-1
Game 2: Both decks get a slow pull, much to his advantage, not mine. Hero gets Incinerate, Aurelia eats a Force of Will while he digs for Glaciers. A second Aurelia + Huatli bounces off a Rainbow Efreet turn after turn when he finds his land. I drop Tajic and smash, pumping the angel and knock him down to 3. He kills Huatli with the Efreet, phases out, and taps out for Wrath. With nothing left I draw into a land clump while he goes crazy with two Glaciers, every creature I find gets swallowed by Hammer of Bogardan while hasty Tajic gets lost to a Dissipate . 0-2
Game 3: I gain some life early from Swords to Plowshares and then spank his mana-screwed ass with Tajic. Colossus saves him from the Incinerate and repeats the beats. Huatli grows while Tajic dies to a second Incinerate. Rainbow Efreet comes out and starts to eat Huatli, Legion Warboss makes a goblin before getting the Hammer. I'm forced to use Response to take out the Efreet though I probably should have done so sooner. He throws the Hammer at Huatli bringing her down to 5 and plays a second Efreet and Kjeldoran Outpost . Then a gross misplay leaves the wrong mana untapped, Tajic kags, gets fed by Colossus and Huatli sacs to add 1 for exactly his life total... his three land are two Island and the Outpost. Oops. 1-2 but he shoulda won that last one.
Game 1: I draw no red. He opens with Birds of Paradise and Wood Elves , equips Umezawa's Jitte so I kill the elf with Response / Resurgence and come at him with Hero of Precinct One and Tajic, Legion's Edge and spank for 7. He thinks he can stop me with Arashi, the Sky Asunder so I swarm him with tokens, save my dude with indestructible Chance for Glory , 5 damage get through and there's Colossus in hand. 1-0
Game 2: We both mulligan to six. He drops a turn-3 Kodama of the North Tree . Then Aurelia comes and pumps the Vindicator who eats a Saproling token. Kodama smashes again knocking me down to 3 while Llanowar Elves puts counters on Umezawa's Jitte to take out the Vindicator. No matter; with Aurelia, Hero, and tokens I've got 8 damage plus Chance for Glory and a +4/+2 combat trick on standby. 2-0
Game 3: Shanna, Sisay's Legacy comes, then Mox enables Aurelia to hit turn 3 and swing for 4. He answers with Loxodon Hierarch . I swing, he Seed Spark s the Mox and makes two Saprolings, I pump Shanna to save her and get through with two in the air, he answers with four on the ground. He then throws another Seed Spark at his own Pithing Needle to stack Shanna. I, pump to kill the elephant and he drops Yosei, the Morning Star . I play another Shanna and pass the turn. Yosei starts to beating and I make a Warboss. We trade blows, I get down to 6 and he kags a Selesnya Guildmage . My turn, I kag a Tajic and swing with just enough to force him to trade the guildmage along with the Saproling, he just made, leaving Aurelia to block the dragon ftw. 3-0
There were some cards I was thinking about that I no longer consider and others I'm more convinced of.
Mox Amber just didn't do much. 90% of the time it was just dead weight and even when it did do its job the best it did was bring me from 3 to 4. It doesn't give me colors I'm missing and when the Legends get killed it sits there worthless. I initially thought Lightning Strike would go here but now I think a simple Shock would do even better. Even if you don't draw it, the threat of instant damage should change the opponent's play to our advantage.
Aurelia, Exemplar of Justice I'm on the fence about. Sometimes she added just the right amount of damage, sometimes she looked pretty. Overcosted, she's the only flyer in the deck and sometimes that made a huge difference. I was thinking Gruul Spellbreaker . The advantages to him are haste, which was often the difference when Tajic, Legion's Edge , that it's not white though I don't see a lot of protection from white in Standard right now. He doesn't feed the combo, though that could be a plus. I dunno. I like the angel, just not as much as I'd like.
I request that you add this list to your sideboard so that it may be tested. There are dependent factors, such as are you more likely to go up against control/combo in which case Cindervines should be an absolute killer, or are you more bothered by the graveyard recursion in which case Return to Nature would be better. 4:2, 2:4, or keep it at 3:3.
Banefire I anticipate should be a control destroyer. Without testing we can't be sure, but I suspect it can double as a Teferi-blaster or a face-puncher just the same. It might be too expensive, not sure, but imagine playing Chance for Glory , bash with creatures, and then Banefire lets us throw the mana at him as well.
Unbreakable Formation is a total spoiler. The indestructible is similar to the Chance but if we don't have lethal on the table we can't take the Chance. (you like that?) Hold back in anticipation of Kaya's Wrath or even use in conjunction with Chance to pump creatures.
I put Shalai in there to protect YOU, btw; lot of the cards that killed us targeted the player.
Anyway so there we have a sideboard. If you try it out let me know how it works.
2 months ago
2 months ago
Yeah I know the cards I suggested are not instant, but considering their mana costs and the fact you might want to use the prowess ability during your turn as well...
Enigma Drake might be too slow, of course, and your 1.70 average CMC makes a good point.
PlatinumOne on more
2 months ago
1) planeswalkers aren't creatures. thats why they can't have creature types.
2) planeswalkers now follow the same legendary rule as creatures and have gained the legendary supertype.
3) planeswalkers have always had more than one ability until the "war of the spark" set, which hasn't been released yet and only walkers printed at uncommon have only one ability.
4) he never said farmer "can't" be a creature type, only that it is currently not one.
5). show me a card printed before dominaria that said "any target"...
6) finally one you understand...
7) now i gotta ask Funkydiscogod why elf/vampire is "invalid". i've never heard of elves being immune to vampirism. its completely possible in "Dungeons & Dragons", another game made by WOTC.
9) Funkydiscogod: wotc may have stated they're not printing more cards with regeneration, but this guy probably doesn't work for wotc. cards with regeneration are still legal in tournaments. wotc only stopped making more because it was "too confusing" for new players.
10) "burn" definitely does not need to be a subtype. it does not open up any possibilities we don't already have.
11) a restriction is literally the opposite of flexibility. but as for your "gleeful pyre", the game already has a bunch of burn spells with that same effect (minus "build 8" of course) or even better. see Lightning Bolt , Incinerate , Lightning Strike , Searing Spear . all of them deal 3 damage to any target, at instant speed for 2 mana, with no restrictions or downside. furthermore, i kinda doubt you "remember" any of that stuff.
2 months ago
3 months ago
for the sake of making the deck list easier to read, use the same printing for all cards of the same name. for example, your Shock 's. it essentially shows up in the list twice, once as the m19 printing and the other as the Aether Revolt printing.
i would also highly recommend doing some research on the top modern decks. there are cards in this deck that are strictly worse than some other cards available in the format. again, Shock is an example. Lightning Bolt is the best burn spell in the format. Lightning Strike can upgrade to Incinerate , and the counterspells could be upgraded to Mana Leak and Remand . Ionize is also a good option. Adeliz, the Cinder Wind is only good in a deck whose creatures are solely wizards. otherwise you'd be better off running Wee Dragonauts .
4 months ago
Personally, I would just remove as many instants and sorceries as possible. I would keep the removal ones, but the cards like Fortuitous Find , Scouring Sands , Warp World , Grave Birthing , Expedite , Incinerate , Lightning Bolt , and Lightning Strike aren't very strong for a creature-based commander. Burn spells just can't kill the threats present in commander, and cheap cantrips aren't necessary because your commander itself is a cantrip once you get enough creatures into your deck. I know it's tempting to get instants and sorceries back that Grenzo chucks into the graveyard, but outside of Past in Flames , I would try to keep the deck more focused towards creatures. It's better to make better use of Grenzo's ability to cheat in creatures then try to shore up his weakness of whiffing on other spells.
No data for this card yet.