|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Coldsnap Theme Deck (CTD)||Common|
|2012 Core Set (M12)||Common|
|Duels of the Planeswalkers (DPA)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Jace vs. Chandra (DD2)||Common|
|Masters Edition II (ME2)||Common|
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Common|
|Deckmasters: Garfield vs. Finkel (DKM)||Common|
|Fifth Edition (5ED)||Common|
|Ice Age (ICE)||Common|
|Promo Set (000)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Incinerate deals 3 damage to target creature or player. A creature dealt damage this way can't be regenerated this turn.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (12)||MythicWinter111 , Benniator , Mousemke , richardmv , aeonstoremyliver , NorthernCrow , frederiklw , darthnuchi , gildan_bladeborn , pskinn01 , Ashy , gosora|
1 week ago
Je trouve que ta courbe de mana est un peu trop haute.
La competence du commander est sympa mais chere, donc il faut compenser avec des sorts 1 ou 2 manas.
Idees de cartes a rentrer (a la place de creatures ou rituels ou sorts a 3) :
Note: j'ai regarde uniquement dans les cartes que je possede.
J'essayerai de rentrer Lightning Strike aussi.
Note: C'est naze ce truc de commentaire qui n'accepte pas les accents...
1 week ago
Justification for some of my less intuitive choices:
- While Thunderous Wrath is a massive pain to have in your opening hand or a landless draw, it's also the greatest feeling ever to win a game out of nowhere by topdecking it (take that, Affinity) and it has the potential to decrease the number of burn spells necessary to kill the opponent by 1 (20 isn't divisible by 3, but 15 is), which can speed up the deck by an entire turn (sometimes more)
- Magma Jet was originally added because I owned it and it has the potential to tee-up a Thunderous Wrath topdeck, but, as I played with it, I noticed that it more frequently acted as a decent means of ensuring that I didn't draw land/spells that I didn't need (or, less often, did draw the land/spells that I did need), which was pretty nice, since I don't have any fetchlands to manafix me or thin lands out of my deck mid-game
- My girlfriend gave me the Incinerates at the last minute before the Grand Prix because the deck wasn't finished yet and I actually encountered situations where the mainboard Regenerate-hate legitimately helped me. I've kept it in because better burn spells cost money and there's a guy at my LGS who plays Ezuri, Renegade Leaders in his Elves deck, so there's that
- Shrine of Burning Rage is in here because I saw a decklist of some guy who was running Shrine of Burning Rages in his Burn deck that took him to the final match of a GP (I think he won it?), liked the reasoning that it gives Burn a way to stand a chance in games that somehow make it past turn 5. It's done quite well for me, outright winning me games several times and almost never sitting in hand or on board as a dead card (it's only a one-of because the LGS that I buy singles from only had one, but they gave it to me for free, so whatever)
- Battlefield Forge isn't great, I know, but it's also cheaper than Sacred Foundry and way cheaper than any Mountain-finding fetchlands so...
- Harsh Mentor is in here because I've noticed that a decent number of home-brews make use of a lot of activated abilities, so I figured I'd try to bring a little bit of hate for that (I'd love to hear other peoples' opinions on this one)
The direction I intend to take this deck as I obtain more money/cards:
- Mountain-finding fetchlands will be added once I have a reasonable, steady income (I'm a college student, not Bill Gates)
- I know that Thunderous Wrath should be a one-of at most, but it's also cheaper than the Goblin Guide that I hope to replace it with soon (I've got a couple of high-value Standard cards that I intend to trade in for more Guides like I did for the first one)
- If I get some fetchlands, then I'll probably be able to cut the Magma Jet
- Shrine of Burning Rage might become a two-of, I'm not sure yet
- The Sweltering Suns are in here because I already owned them and an Anger of the Gods, but I would like to eventually just use 3 copies of Anger of the Gods
- If I obtain the money for fetchlands and more shocklands, I might add green to this deck to replace the Smash to Smithereens with Destructive Revelrys to give me some measure of counter-play against Enchantments (I'm looking at you, Esper Zur)
- I'd like to ditch 1, maybe 2 Searing Blazes and maybe even a Shard Volley, but I don't really know what to switch in for them
2 weeks ago
Trying to find the best 2 mana burn spells for this deck. Anything better than Incinerate? Needs to be able to hit creatures or players.
1 month ago
unredemption thank you for your suggestions. I think Gut Shot does too low damage even if it's "free". I prefer to have Lava Spike or even Incinerate for a better dose of damage, which doubles if I have Pyromancer Ascension on.
Really liked Gitaxian Probe though. A draw and spying on the enemy's hand for 0 mana is something that can work on this deck.
1 month ago
1 month ago
Adding a couple copies of Forgotten Cave to your manabase to filter out dead draws would also probably be helpful.
Nice list! Might just build it myself.
2 months ago
DragonzBane thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately Swords to Plowshares, Path to Exile and Lightning Bolt are expensive here and I want to keep the deck budget. I tried to replace by Afterlife and Incinerate.