Legendary Artifact — Equipment
Equipped creature gets +3/+3
Whenever equipped creature blocks or is blocked by one or more creatures you may exile one of them. Your opponents can't cast cards with the same name of a card exiled by godsend.
Printings View all
|Journey into Nyx (JOU)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Quest Magic RPG||Legal|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
1 week ago
Neat deck. You might like these: Kusari-Gama, Veteran's Armaments, Pearl Medallion, Goldnight Commander, Mask of Memory, Infiltration Lens, Tome of Legends, Godsend, Crashing Drawbridge, Valor in Akros, Scythe of the Wretched, Rogue's Gloves, Consul's Lieutenant, Relic Seeker, Quietus Spike, Scytheclaw
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
Depends on how many times you face aggro decks. You can construct your angels deck very different on the lower end. For Aggro you only need to survive 5 turns and then you are good. You can adjust your Angels setup deck for aggro with: (Keep in mind when you bring Sorceries and instants in your maindeck, you kill more and more any devotion plan)
What to put in:
- Mass removals: 4x Settle the Wreckage and 4x Terminus and 4x Sunscour (That one is actually only for retarted turn 2 boardswarm decks)
- Creatures: 4x Auriok Champion (Mono red aggro option, keep in sideboard), 4x Archangel of Tithes, Shalai, Voice of Plenty, Linvala, the Preserver
- Enchantments: 4x Ghostly Prison, 4x Norn's Annex
What to take out:
1 month ago
Definitely, expected you to build this deck. Let's see if I can help out any. Not the biggest fan of equipments but that card draw engine combined with utility may sway me.
Sunforger - would be excellent but I know you're opposed to tutors; though being able to snag damaged based wrath effects like Anger of the Gods and Sweltering Suns could really like you take advantage of your commanders secound ability.
1 month ago
I wouldn't recommend Fireshrieker Balan has double strike virtually every time you play her. I'd recommend Inquisitor's Flail Conqueror's Flail or Hammer of Nazahn instead. I like your build, it's got some decent synergy. I did notice you left out Path to Exile, and I'd probably suggest Mangara, the Diplomat, Land Tax, Teferi's Protection, Flawless Maneuver, Prowler's Helm, Bloodforged Battle-Axe (which is crazy with Balan because you can use her ability at instant speed to equip the copies), Heliod's Intervention, Inspiring Statuary, Godsend, Heartstone, just to name a few things to consider. I do like your take on this deck though, it's very interesting
1 month ago
I like it. Redundant first strike doesn't bother me when it comes with evasion. Back-up threats still appreciate it.
I don't run all 7 Swords because they're not all equal in strength. There's a finite amount of space for Equipment in this deck. Can't just shove in every Sword without forethought.
The three Swords I do use are the best of the bunch by a huge margin:
- Fire & Ice is a card draw engine.
- Feast & Famine untaps my lands, generating additional mana every turn.
- Light & Shadow offers protection from the top killspell colours and it brings back my fallen utility creatures.
The remaining Swords are too limited in use:
- Body & Mind has impractical milling that fuels opposing Graveyard strategies.
- War & Peace doesn't impact the board or generate value. The lifegain is inconsistent and the direct damage isn't beneficial towards Commander Damage.
- Sinew and Steel is borderline playable. A 'removal Sword' is interesting, but its choice of targets keeps it from being an auto-include. I have it in my Maybeboard and I'm waiting on what the rest of the Allied Cycle provide before making my final decision.
- Truth & Justice is just a proliferate engine. This deck doesn't focus on counters, so it doesn't do anything. The +1/+1 counter it comes with every swing doesn't count.
1 month ago
jakeyuki12, so I made some changes based off of your observations. I removed the following cards: Aurelia's Fury, Auriok Steelshaper, Cenn's Tactician, Godsend, Response / Resurgence, Stoneforge Masterwork, Tajic, Legion's Edge.
I want to preserve a few of those voltron equipments because my primary wincon has always been a 1-2 shot to opponents with commander damage. But I toned it down a little more. What do you think of the changes?
2 months ago
TheVectornaut Glad it worked and thanks for the help! I included Kor Duelist, you were absolutely right there... and also it dropped the mana-curve even further and fits better with the equipment theme. I wanted to kind of land in the middleground between the hammer and Kemba, but I'll also swap Godsend for Konda's Banner... Godsend was kind of a dead card anyways, in the sense that it doesn't synergize that well. Appreciate it very much!