Sigarda, Heron's Grace
Legendary Creature — Angel
You and Humans you control have hexproof.
, Exile a card from your graveyard: Put a 1/1 white Human Soldier creature token onto the battlefield.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Sigarda, Heron's Grace Discussion
1 day ago
saber4734 I really do love Tireless Tracker, she provides both good stats and rewards you for playing lands which i think is a very nice effect for any midrange deck. While i appreciate the suggestions i really want to add the angels, simply because i think they are cool and have cool effects. I realize that it will make the deck slightly less competitive, but im mostly just trying to make a fun deck. I actually considered cutting Thalia's Lancers for another Bruna, the Fading Light since she can fish up both Gisela, the Broken Blade, Archangel Avacyn Flip and Sigarda, Heron's Grace.
Odric, Lunarch Marshal was also in my list earlier with Thalia, Heretic Cathar, but i felt that Odric was hard to get an effect from since none of the earlier drops have any effects he can boost. For Thalia i felt that i would rather play Tireless or my enchantments to further my own gameplan instead of trying to slow the enemy down.
3 days ago
I haven't tested the deck very much yet, since im pretty new to magic and havent finished it yet, so it is mostly just an idea. I also think that Lone Rider Flip and Sigarda, Heron's Grace are sticking out a bit as two-offs. The deck is more worried about mass-removal than single target anyway. I think i will remove those in favor of putting back Blessed Alliance, but maybe you have some other ideas for cards to slot in? I agree that the removal of the deck is not great, but i just tried to build a deck around some cards i think are cool (Ulvenwald Mysteries, Archangel Avacyn Flip and Westvale Abbey Flip), so if you have suggestions to cards that could help this token idea, i would be glad to hear it :).
4 days ago
A few changes to main and sideboard. I tend to run mainboard Authority of the Consuls to get the lifegain and swing over new blockers, taps down those pesky red haste decks and I have no hesitation with losing 3 life to Anguished Unmaking which is a strong card at all times. The sideboard is ridiculous in shutting down artifact heavy decks and I've had a few ragequit's after a Consulate Crackdown snared 3 freshly minted Metalwork Colussus and all his artifacts.
Any thoughts appreciated.
4 days ago
These are angels you could add
I think you could take out Emancipation Angel, Illusory Angel, Guardian Seraph, Indomitable Archangel, Lightkeeper of Emeria, Malach of the Dawn, Seraph of Dawn, Avenging Angel, Herald of the Host, Patron of the Valiant, Dawnbreak Reclaimer, Archangel, Angel of Salvation
Harsh Mercy seems good as well
It seems like your heavy hitters are 4 mana and up, so i think your ramp should cost less than 4. This way you're not decieding betweenn casting an angel or ramping for other angels. Maybe cut Explosive Vegetation for Rampant Growth. you could cut Belbe's Portal and Quicksilver Amulet for that same reasoning. You could add Simic Signet, Selesnya Signet and Azorius Signet for more ramp as well
You could run some anthems to pump your team as well, I think Door of Destinies could be really good in this type of deck
1 week ago
lots of humans, maybe you should streamline it to that. I enjoy the tribals, and though people say Coat of Arms is overdone in our group I disagree. 1 of never hurt anything, so I would put that in there. Get rid of the treefolk, it doesnt fit. I like the angel for its ETB, but its not a human, and thats about all i like. If youre going to go big with an angel, get something that really fucks your opponents.
I mean, you can get Platinum Angel for one more and not lose the game. Advanced search for white or green angels CMC 6 and see whats out there, or scrap it and get heavy with human buffs. Sigarda, Heron's Grace and my favorite eldrazi hoser Sigarda, Host of Herons should be in consideration.
Heroic Intervention is a new favorite of mine, and is a must for any green deck IMO, especially with all the land destruct going around, your opponent will learn his lesson quickly. Thats what i see at first anyways.
1 week ago
I really like this deck idea. However, I have a few suggestions.
Don't run Hanweir Garrison without Hanweir Battlements. It just really doesn't work. And, with your current mana base, you can't afford to run Hanweir Battlements. Thalia, Heretic Cathar is an amazing card. I think that with your energy production, you could consider Aether Hub. Put Authority of the Consuls in the sideboard, and also think about Verdurous Gearhulk. Also, Fumigate is necessary. Sigarda, Heron's Grace is a great sideboard card. Also, think about Dragonmaster Outcast. Nissa, Voice of Zendikar is another amazing card. Sylvan Advocate is also great. Right now, I'm honestly just throwing cards out there. I'm a tad busy right now (I found a slight free moment to comment on a few decks during my busy day), so I can't make any real suggestions currently. If you want my help, please mention me right here. See ya!
1 week ago
I love the synergy between Tana & Sidar...I think these two were made for each other more so than any other 2 partners.
Beyond that I think you got lost....Single target pump spells / bloodrush effects and the like are horrible in multiplayer games....unless this is intended solely for 1 v 1, I'd say ditch ALL of them. Aside from Intangible Virtue I wouldn't put any other static effect Anthems in either...once you get your tokens to be bigger than 2/2 then you just lost all synergy with Sidar...and have defeated yourself. Collective Blessing, Gaea's Anthem > out.
Creatures / Spells that will only ever give you 1 token (in addition to the creature that comes with it) also not that effective. Again unless this is 1 vs 1. Attended Knight and Tukatongue Thallid and such...out...
Deckbuilding for edh: When I build an edh deck, I too just start throwing cards at it, then cut lots then try to figure out how much ramp I need, and how much card draw I need, and how much removal I'm going to put in. These three things I put in pretty much EVERY deck. I may not run much but at least a little. (I'm only seeing a few of each on your list) After I get things balanced out and make my cuts I work the land base usually 35-39 lands depending on the deck/mana curve, amount of ramp ect. This deck I'd say 36-37 lands.
I'm not going to price check all the following recomendations, but bear in mind the tcg prices on this site doesn't account for different / older prints / damaged card discounts ect, though a few still might be 20 cents over your budget, but I'm gonna list them anyways.
Cheap removal: (keep Pacifism if you must pick 3-5 here also) Revoke Existence, Fate Forgotten, Oblation, Terastodon, Smash to Smithereens, Entrapment Maneuver, Desert Twister, Scour from Existence ... there's several others but still this is a descent selection...
Cheap Card Draw: There really isn't much in the way in these colors to begin with, even less on your budget... maybe throw Faithless Looting a few cards that give you the Monarch like Protector of the Crown and or Crown-Hunter Hireling and get a Skullclamp and maybe a Slate of Ancestry once you can find/trade for/afford one (they're only $1.50 tops)
Cheap Efficient Token Gen: You got a few good ones already a few more worth mentioning, Decree of Justice, Sporemound, Ezuri's Predation, Twilight Drover, and again...maybe later add Rith, the Awakener and or Sigarda, Heron's Grace.
Cheap Pump: Aside from Borrowed Grace, which you could leave in or not, you really only need a few good GLOBAL pump spells spells for finishers. Usually I'd suggest something like Beastmaster Ascension, but in this case again...no synergy with Sidar. I'd probably throw Titanic Ultimatum and Overwhelming Stampede (stronger 1x use versions of Overrun) and also throw a Leonin Sun Standard at the deck for repeated use/abuse after declare blockers step. Those three alone should probably do it.
Cheap Land Base: Aside from basics there are quite a few good lands to run in budget builds in the case of a Naya deck, you've already listed Jungle Shrine (I'd ditch the bounceland), there's also Naya Panorama, Rugged Highlands, Blossoming Sands, Wind-Scarred Crag, Evolving Wilds, Terramorphic Expanse. I'd run every one of these, and then basics for the rest. (Again, 36-37 total lands for this deck.)
Yea...so ...holy wall of text Batman, hope some of it helps, gl & hf
1 week ago
I don't know your budget, but I'll try to make suggestions regardless...
- Forest -> Dryad Arbor. This is always a good idea when you are running Gaea's Cradle.
- More fetch lands! The Khans fetches are not that expensive comparatively to some of the stuff you already have in this deck and the zendikar one's are getting reprinted in MM2. I highly suggest you pick some up.
- Eight-and-a-Half-Tails -> Phyrexian Revoker. Better and more targeted protection. It is not tutorable, but Eight-and-a-Half-Tails doesn't do much to begin with.
- Glissa Sunseeker/Darien, King of Kjeldor/Sigarda, Heron's Grace/Melira, Sylvok Outcast/Myojin of Life's Web -> Arbor Elf/Fyndhorn Elves/Llanowar Elves/Priest of Titania/Birds of Paradise. The aforementioned are just underwhelming as legends, you would just be better off with non-legendary mana accelerators in these spots to ramp you into an early Sisay or a meaningful legend.
- Dragonlord Dromoka -> Dosan the Falling Leaf. Strictly better version of Dromoka due to the significantly lower CMC.
- Rune-Tail, Kitsune Ascendant -> Hope of Ghirapur. Your creatures are mostly giant, so what does this card really do for you? To further the point, one of the first creatures you should be tutoring for is Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite anyways! A lockdown effect is going to do you better in this slot.
- Ghostly Prison -> Sanctum Prelate. Ghostly Prison is mostly a control card for strategies with lower creature counts....you have 38 creatures. Again a card that hinders your opponents is going to be better here.
- Untaidake, the Cloud Keeper -> Ancient Tomb. Less restrictive card that serves the same purpose.
- Explore -> Scavenging Ooze. You should not need as much ramp especially with all of the mana elves I suggested previously. Plus mana elves will be much more consistent than the top of your library, so why not another hoser for your opponents? =]
- Burgeoning -> Eldritch Evolution. You should not need both Burgeoning and Explore and IMO Explore is the better card. Eldritch Evolution is a fantastic tutor that will allow you to get your higher end cards into play quicker.
- Privileged Position -> Green Sun's Zenith. Again you should not need both Asceticism and position. Asceticism is the better card IMO. Adding GSZ adds more consistency to the deck as all tutors do.
- Azusa, Lost but Seeking -> Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger. With 35 lands you are almost never going to be able to consistently use Azusa's ability to it's full effect, so why not add one of the best win con's in the game instead - Eldrazi.
- Selvala's Stampede -> Sylvan Library. You should always have either library or top in your EDH deck unless you have some effect that lets you consistently draw an absurd amount of cards. Selvala's stampede effect seems pretty "meh" for it's CMC.
- Yeva, Nature's Herald -> Grasp of Fate. I do not think Yeva's effect is potent enough to warrant being in this list. One of the best utility cards in the format will do nicely in this spot.
Cards that may be out of your budget...
Idk how competitive your meta is but you could include these combo's...
- Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite + Living Plane
- Paradox Engine + Concordant Crossroads/Thousand-Year Elixir + Aetherflux Reservoir + mana creature + Cloudstone Curio
Hope this helps!