|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Iconic Masters (IMA)||Rare|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Mythic Rare|
|Worldwake (WWK)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
- Milling with Laboratory maniac and Abyssal Persecutor
- Is it safe to sacrifice Abyssal Persecutor to an effect that gains me life if both my opponent and I are at zero?
- Does Abyssal Persecutor prevent opponents from countering Dash hopes when they're at 5 life or less?
- Darksteel reactor & abyssal persecutor in multiplayer
- Abyssal persecutionr
Creature — Demon
You can't win the game and your opponents can't lose the game.
Abyssal Persecutor Discussion
1 month ago
1 month ago
If you go with more sacrificing Sengir Autocrat and Rite of Belzenlok create lots of tokens that can be sacrificed, but are too mana-intensive for their effect. Maybe Doomed Dissenter , Lazotep Reaver or Orzhov Enforcer ? Bitterblossom is too far out of budget range, but for a consistent stream of sacrificable creatures Dreadhorde Invasion but be worth it.
2 months ago
Why play Abyssal Persecutor if you have only two cards to get rid of him?
3 months ago
Looks fun, but it seems you're lacking carddraw.
To make sure you don't run out of gas, i'd recommend running:
and imo the best carddraw spell in mardu Painful Truths .
Few suggestions to take out:
Phyrexian Arena is very veeeeeery slow.
Bloodgift Demon is Arena on a stick.
Abyssal Persecutor is underwhelming, has a drawback and does'nt scale to well powerwise in EDH.
4 months ago
hey burferking, thanks for the input
you may be right about things like the Abyssal Persecutor abilities, i'll have to report back to you once i see it happen. i play on mtgo, so i'll see how that goes
your deck looks great, and i completely agree with you about the deck being casual. i like it for what it is as well. i usually play a lot of durdly-pillowfort-grouphug type decks, so this is just a slightly more chaotic take on what i'm usually already doing.
as for the card suggestions, i don't know how i forgot Homeward Path , i'll be adding that in asap.
Demonic Tutor will definitely go in once i get it on mtgo. it's a few dollars and i just haven't gotten around to buying it. i do wanna keep the tutors to a minimum, so i probably won't add more than that replacement. however, Mastermind's Acquisition is functionally the same card as Diabolic Tutor in commander. unless your playgroup allows you access to a wishboard i suppose
5 months ago
5 months ago
Ancient Stone Idol could work even if you're not the one being attacked, Hornet Queen gives people a reason to not attack you, Assault Suit maybe? Though having creatures with a drawback to attacking would be good with it. Abyssal Persecutor and Rakdos the Defiler would be fun with the suit. Couldn't find any other drawback critters. And finally, No Mercy for the ones that slip through. Anyway, hope that helps, I'll drop a + for ya too.
5 months ago
A massive update this time. One that I'm very excited about. Here are the changes:
- Gilded Lotus -> Fanatical Firebrand
- Sword of the Animist -> Swiftfoot Boots
- Mana Crypt -> Thermo-Alchemist
- Neheb, the Eternal -> Pilgrim's Eye
- Abyssal Persecutor -> Coldsteel Heart
- Dire Fleet Ravager -> Rune-Scarred Demon
- Fiery Confluence -> Painful Truths
- Olivia Voldaren -> Goblin Fireslinger
- Damnation -> Damnable Pact
- Steel Hellkite -> It That Betrays
- Bojuka Bog -> Smoldering Marsh
- Oppression -> Artisan of Kozilek
- Rakdos, the Showstopper -> Theater of Horrors
- Sol Ring -> Lobber Crew
- Flame Rift -> Gamble
- Rakdos Charm -> Lotus Petal
- Duplicant -> Walking Ballista
- Scourge of the Throne -> Void Winnower
- Bloodgift Demon -> Mask of Memory
- Kokusho, the Evening Star -> Painful Lesson
- Oblivion Stone -> Necropotence
- Risk Factor -> Dark Ritual
- Whip of Erebos -> Plague Spitter
- Heartless Hidetsugu -> Arguel's Blood Fast Flip
Overall, the deck is faster and more consistent. Here's a summary of changes by card category:
- direct damage is now at lower cmc
- -1 Ramp
- +1 protection/haste
- +2 tutor
- +5 draw
- +1 anti-control
- -4 Creature removal
- -2 graveyard hate
- -1 discard
- -1 extra attack
- -1 lifegain/recursion
- +1 removal
So the changes overall are lower cmc, more draw and tutor, less creature removal and less utility (graveyard hate, extra attacks, etc.) Overall, the early turn plays to get direct damage and get Rakdos out are far more prevalent. The deck is more aggressive and more focused now, and plays much smoother.
And yes, this is the only deck I have where I've taken out Sol Ring . It's simply better to have only colored mana in order to cast Rakdos as consistently as possible!
Abyssal Persecutor occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%