Please login to comment
holy crap i never realized painlands was damage and not "pay life"
that is the coolest tech ever, i knew i had that feeling there was something i was missing.
anyways now that i feel like an idiot,
again...love the deck! (and even moreso now)
i have a decklist to update haha
September 18, 2019 10:48 p.m.
shes such a cool way to push your doubling season combos,
i totally dig that
September 18, 2019 12:58 a.m.
why such a painful manabase?
anyways fuck yeah tamanoa! ive been messing with him for a while and here's my most recent list: aggressively tams
i dig how different our takes are, yours looks a lot better at grinding
September 18, 2019 12:38 a.m.
i agree, i really dislike this "opening hand" design cycle theyre venturing into
September 10, 2019 3:02 p.m.
The first places I'm going to test this:
1. Delver: we all know it's going to take another Treasure Cruise to make modern delver real
2. Soulherder + Stonehorn Dignitary
3. Some ridiculous zoo deck with goyfs and probably Mishra's Bauble and way too few lands
3.5: some kiln fiend deck or prowess of some kind that also plays way too few lands
4. Assault Formation decks: dont judge me. I've got a long history with doran
6. Freed from the Real combo
7. Kiki decks?
8. 8-whack. Seems sweet
10. Through the Breach /raze-boar decks
11. GW Value-town?! I'd love to see it come back
And since it looks like I'm stretching I want to end this with where i think we wont see it:
1. Tron: it misses planeswalkers and artifacts. Instant deal-breaker
2. Elves. They got searching on lock, though the Land Grant mode could come in handy
3. Neoform: it doesnt fit their playstyle, they go off much more like a legacy Belcher deck and a top 5 cards cantrip wont save many of their openers
4. Stoneblade: while turn 1 find a hierarch and play it be an awesome opening line,
The midrange uses of this card are pretty low powerlevel.
5. Crazy 5-color shenanigans: I dont think this will be enough to break some crazy ridiculous manabase deck or fragile combo deck.
cough (jeskai ascendancy) cough
6. Puresteel: drawing one of these during the beginning of the combo when you're still able to fizzle seems backbreaking, so maybe as a <2 of?
So naturally, the card is probably going to completely revolutionize one of those decks
September 10, 2019 1:32 a.m.
I could see it breaking in devoted druid,
Possibly even a become immense infect build,
Maybe it will see play in hardened scales, or eldrazi? Possibly even zoo or shadow,
But I think more likely it will just provide a slight power boost to being on the draw.
Personally I'm excited to try this in all kinds of lists,
Especially creature-centric combo decks.
I dont see it breaking,
But my track record for these guesses is pretty horrible
September 10, 2019 12:35 a.m.
93 VIEWS | IN 2 FOLDERS
75 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
158 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
89 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
279 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
161 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
SCORE: 1 | 181 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
SCORE: 8 | 10 COMMENTS | 2335 VIEWS | IN 2 FOLDERS
SCORE 0 | COMMENTS 0 | VIEWS 35
SCORE 0 | COMMENTS 0 | VIEWS 39
|Playing since||Magic 2014|
|Avg. deck rating||3.17|
|Good Card Suggestions||3|
|Last activity||3 days|