( can be paid with either or 2 life.)
Return target creature card with converted mana cost X from your graveyard to the battlefield. It gains haste. Exile it at the beginning of the next end step.
Printings View all
|New Phyrexia (NPH)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Postmortem Lunge Discussion
1 day ago
Ive definitely considered Postmortem Lunge , but quicken isnt needed because breakfast + oracle in a hulk pile wins at instant speed. I considered lunge but my playgroup tends to go the “counter any threat” route and not the “destroy creature” route. I used Quicken in breakfast but i feel that Oracle wins at instant speed so it isnt really needed.
1 month ago
- Jund is amazing in every way except for you wallet. That is the worst part of jund. Discard spells impower your Tarmogoyf so running those is super important. Enough to want more Thoughtseize
- Dark Confidant is really good. It helps fight back the down side of discard cards. would recommand, and its early black devotion. Even when we take 5 on Gary when we cast him we heal so there is up side. Getting closer to our win con is always better. We dont need 20 life to win only 1.
- Scavenging Ooze is pretty powerful, you do have rest in peace in the SB but its still worth considering.
- Plague Engineer can help as well. Id play only one though. I see some decks play Murderous Rider as well as a one of.
- Collective Brutality is a very powerful card. I have been on the receiving end many times and lost because of the value this card gets you.
- I would recommend more removal. Espically at least 1x Abrupt Decay and one more Assassin's Trophy . Id be even more comfortable playing 2 more Fatal Push .
- The Reasons for blue: oko,3/3 elks, oko, and filtering with Snap caster. Unless you fight a lot of burn dont go blue.
- Reasons for red: Bolt is Life (cheap removal), Blood braid value (remember she was banned for some time), and wrenn and six. Jund is much more powerful than this build. That being said its not the archtype, and its wayyyyy more spendy.
- For land you want at least to "horizon lands" such as Nurturing Peatland and fast lands such as Blooming Marsh . Field of Ruin can also really help.
- Kitchen Finks is a great SB card and so is Fulminator Mage . Most play Nihil Spellbomb but you have white so you dont need this. By adding all this removal you wont need Damnation in your SB.
- Not a big fan of Mishra's Bauble or Grim Flayer . 10 Fetches is also a little high i would consider cutting down on those. To 6 or 8.
- You are abzan so i will say Worship is a card Giver of Runes Path to Exile and Angel's Grace are cards. As well as Siege Rhino . White also gets you Vizier of Remedies + Devoted Druid for infinite mana. - Tireless Tracker is also a good card draw engine although its not black.
- Other cards to consider Postmortem Lunge Eladamri's Call Finale of Devastation Sin Collector Eidolon of Rhetoric and Collector Ouphe
2 months ago
META CHANGE / DECK CHANGE
Update at 11/2019
2 months ago
I prefer Postmortem Lunge over Claim , the haste it grants can let you reanimate a devoted druid and go off immediately, and you can still use it to bring back a vizier or a piece of your secondary combo that isn't specifically two mana.
3 months ago
- Seems like an more consistent strategy, albeit having more combo pieces. Seems like it works just as effectively on turn 4.
- I'm trying to stay more with the Ball Lightning flavor as opposed to any tribal mechanics. Early damage feels more effective and mentally taxing for my opponent, even if I don't win immediately. I also get to abuse Postmortem Lunge more.
- Thanks for the suggestions, though.
3 months ago
Also consider Thousand-Year Elixir for "haste". Additionaly, while not being competitive, you can have Thousand-Year Elixir + Teshar, Ancestor's Apostle +2x Emry, Lurker of the Loch for infinite self-mill followed by reviving Laboratory Maniac
5 months ago
How do you win other than by lab man? Is there an infinite loop demonstrable that i missed?
Thanks in advance.
5 months ago
Back up to 3 Postmortem Lunge after having it win the game for me a few times - cutting the second Duskwatch Recruiter Flip to fit it. Also swapped the Kitchen Finks out for a second Scavenging Ooze since it's way more important in the current Hogaak saturated meta. I'm considering that the meta dependent flex slot, and in a burn heavy meta I'd prefer the Finks.