|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Vampire Shaman
Multikicker B (You may pay an additional B any number of times as you cast this spell.)
When Bloodhusk Ritualist enters the battlefield, target opponent discards a card for each time it was kicked.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Bloodhusk Ritualist Discussion
2 months ago
2 months ago
Current Adjustments Made:
2 months ago
Suggested cuts for some of the new Ixalan vamps:
Legions Landing (probably not good enough)
Bishop of Rebirth (also probably not good enough)
3 months ago
I think an instant improvement for the deck would be to remove Skullclamp and replace it with Sword of the Animist, It'll ramp you up and help thin out your deck far better than a skullclamp would do. But thats just experience. also a great card, one of my favorite vampires EVER is not here, and think he's so underrated Vish Kal, Blood Arbiter Oh lord, he's just marveous, especially if you have Rakish Heir or Stensia Masquerade out or even a Necropolis Regent out removal at instant speed, and allows you to get rid of that pesky indestructible, Also i've found Falkenrath Aristocrat to be rather fabulous, with ANY kind of 1/1 counters mechanic you have (the ones i listed) She'll avoid most board wipes and is really resilient! Although you dont have a human to sac for the 1/1 a 4/1 indestructible flyer is still pretty darn good in my opinion. I hope this helps! Im trying to tune out my deck and see which vampires I like, and which i should switch out, currently for me my eyes are on Kheru Mind-Eater Bloodhusk Ritualist and Falkenrath Noble I havent seen much use from these guys so i may just switch them out for more control cards. I hope this helps!!!
3 months ago
- Blood Baron of Vizkopa: muito situacional, basicamente mana jogada fora a maioria das vezes
- Bloodhusk Ritualist: seria interessante se fossem todos os oponentes, muita mana para um oponente s
- Drana's Emissary: um ping bem ruinzinho, ganhar vida legal, mas no parece ser o foco primrio ento um corte vlido
- Voldaren Pariah Flip: legal mas tem substituies melhores
- Mortify: melhor se livrar de problemas permanentemente
- Urge to Feed: fica legal no flavor mas seus vampiros se beneficiariam mais de outras cartas
- Consuming Vapors: recupera vida, o que legal, mas dificilmente vai eliminar um problema que voc espera (vampiros no devem dar escolha pros oponentes)
- Obelisk of Urd: tem uma substituio muito melhor por menos mana
Well of Lost Dreams: ganho de vida no parece ser a estratgia principal, o que corta muito o potencial dessa carta
Vampire Nighthawk: Famoso vampiro multi-uso, CMC baixo, voa, tem deathtouch e lifelink, melhor impossvel
- Drana, Liberator of Malakir: Baixo CMC e buffa todos os tokens ANTES do dano deles (first strike acontece antes do dano dos demais)
- Indulgent Aristocrat: Baixo CMC, Sac Outlet que buffa todos os vampiros.
- Falkenrath Exterminator: CMC baixo, potencialmente pode matar vrias criaturas problemticas.
- Mirror Entity: um vampiro no casting, te d um token. No battlefield buffa absurdos todos os tokens (pode diminuir uns maiores, but nothing comes for free) e CMC baixo.
- Falkenrath Gorger: vai perder seus melhores vampiros para um wheel? Claro que no, cmc baixo timo
- Olivia, Mobilized for War: baixo CMC e d haste para o que voc precisa que j entre sentando o sarrafo.
- Iroas, God of Victory: nico outro no vampiro til, ajuda bastante no combate
- Boros Charm: ningum gosta de criar um exrcito s para tomar um wrath
- Anguished Unmaking: Se livre de permanentes problemticas
- Utter End: mesmo do acima
- Rakdos Charm: Cemitrios so problemticos, artefatos so problemticos, no mesmo slot dois por um
- Syphon Mind: Se um deck para multiplayer esse o melhor draw possvel.
- Night's Whisper: draw
- Phyrexian Arena: draw
- Underworld Connections: draw
- Eldrazi Monument: Seus tokens buffam, ganham voar e principalmente, indestrutvel.
- Fellwar Stone: Ramp
- Sword of the Animist: Ramp
- Darksteel Ingot: Ramp
- Ashnod's Altar: Ramp e Sac Outlet
- Phyrexian Reclamation, Palace Siege: o Edgar no gosta de reanimaes direto pro campo, ento o melhor trazer para mo e castar de novo. Cast and Profit, Sac and Profit, Reanimate and Profit. No d para ficar mais vampiro que isso.
3 months ago
as for vampire you might be interested by : Dark Impostor, Falkenrath Noble, Fiend of the Shadows, Gatekeeper of Malakir, Indulgent Aristocrat, Skeletal Vampire, Necropolis Regent, Mephidross Vampire, Falkenrath Marauders, Bloodhusk Ritualist.
To name a few
3 months ago
More cuts, you say?
I'm not wildly keen on the amount of point-removal you're currently running. It's a little meta-dependent, but you're already running 7 vampires that can deal with opposing creatures, making the 10 instants and sorceries feel a bit extra. I would keep the vampires, and then run only the strongest/most flavorful of the other 10. Keep New Blood, Anguished Unmaking, Utter End, and Urge to Feed; cut Terminate, Swords to Plowshares, Mortify, Feast of Blood, Crackling Doom, and Victim of Night. I'd also advocate adding in Vindicate. Really none of the current instants you run are bad per se (I mean, Swords to Plowshares is the best removal spell printed in Magic), but in the interest of making meaningful space, this is where I'd start. Hell, if you really think you need more spot-shot, you could add Vish Kal, Blood Arbiter, though I don't care for his services. Vein Drinker is a solid option, however.
You could still trim a Sorin, though he is pretty nifty. Solemn Visitor is my least favorite.
Blind Obedience and Stensia Masquerade are somewhat unneeded. The Masquerade does improve some if you add in Rix Maadi, Dungeon Palace (actually, I recommend running Rix Maadi regardless). The Dungeon Palace also enables you to trim Call the Bloodline if you wish.
You aren't running Cabal Coffers, Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx, or Black Market, so you only have Nirkana Revenant and Crypt of Agadeem to power up Exsanguinate. I think I'd cut it for a more impactful card.
On the topic of Nirkana Revenant, run more swamps! Yes, they're expensive, but you're going to have to track down two original duals (Scrubland and Badlands) and black fetches to make 3-color-Revenant functional. On the plus side, this would also enable Cabal Coffers, and the fetches synergize with Nocturnus. Bloodhusk Ritualist and Gatekeeper of Malakir will thank you likewise. Canyon Slough and Smoldering Marsh should at least replace some basic mountains.
Look at your color costs: You have only 10 red symbols, and 13 white. You don't need to run R/W dual lands (Sacred Foundry et al). You can get by with just black/x lands.
Blood Artist/Falkenrath Noble are better in Olivia Voldaren than Edgar. With Olivia, you want more sac-outlets to ditch borrowed creatures in the event of Olivia's downfall, so the drain effects are a little more consistently powerful. With Edgar at the helm, I think you'd want to add in Grave Pact and Dictate of Erebos to augment Butcher of Malakir and sacrifice effects such as Viscera Seer and Indulgent Aristocrat. Without all that, they just aren't reliable enough.
I strongly dislike Mathas, Fiend Seeker. Political play and Group Hug be damned- I want my opponents to suffer alongside me, not get free goodies.... bunch of filthy, free-loading, commie-hippies....
Herald’s Horn doesn't excite me unless you're at 50%+ creatures of the chosen tribe, which is a tall order for most tribes.
Teferi's Protection is sick, but Edgar puts out a lot of tokens, which feel bad with phasing. Not that it's a bad inclusion, but Angel's Grace might be more what you want if you really think you need a Ace of Saves (unlikely). Or if you're after the board protection, Boros Charm could be considered, though it won't help with Merciless Eviction and tuck sweeps.
3 months ago
Leonantti, if you're looking for cuts I could make some suggestions (and you probably will want to keep them if you're a diehard vampire fan like me haha):
Bloodhusk Ritualist - depending on your playgroup, it gets weaker in larger games/late game if no one has a lot of cards (or actually a ridiculous amount of cards has no effect either) plus remember you need black mana and this is a 3 color deck
Licia, sanguine Tribune - I feel like he doesn't help Edgar too much/is more aligned with a lifegain/control deck instead of aggro if you are going that route
Mathas, Fiend Seeker - also seems quite strange/hard to play with unless you focus on some morbid/control theme, but yeah seems kinda fun to include all the new commanders haha
Teferi's Protection - also seems like a very control card
Throne of the God-Pharaoh - not sure how many tokens you will actually make and this list doesn't seem completely built for aggro (lot of control/voltron equipment thrown in)
Anyways, just some ideas! Again, it might help to decide how you want to build him (aggro, control, or voltron) so you stick to one theme. Hope this helsp!