|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Vampire Shaman
Multikicker B (You may pay an additional B any number of times as you cast this spell.)
When Bloodhusk Ritualist enters the battlefield, target opponent discards a card for each time it was kicked.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Bloodhusk Ritualist Discussion
1 month ago
I personally don't think Pawn of Ulamog deserves a spot in the deck, but that's because I'm playing a full out aggressive deck. I don't really like the life-gain aspect of vampires if it's front and center, so Licia, Sanguine Tribune, Tithe Drinker, Falkenrath Noble, and Vampire Nighthawk came out as well. I also cut Vein Drinker, Skeletal Vampire, Blood Baron of Vizkopa, Kheru Mind-Eater, Bloodhusk Ritualist, Crimson Honor Guard and Sangromancer.
All of this is what I cut from my deck, because its a beatdown/swarm deck. Things that take away from that don't deserve a spot. Butcher of Malakir is still in because I can kill my things to make them lose things, so I can punch them.
All and all, I think that you definitely should play some games with the precon, and see what does and doesn't work for you. I have a friend who plays Licia, Sanguine Tribune and goes for more of a pillowfort/lifegain deck. It's really up to you. Hope this helped.
1 month ago
Holy smokes, I love the discussion this is generating! Thank you all for your comments!
geekmp3: I like the cheap CMC of Planar Void but I worry about exiling some of my key enchantments or artifacts. Turns out, people really don't like discarding their whole hand and a lot of my permanents become quick targets. I've won a couple games by pulling my stuff back from the graveyard and recasting it.
Phenix: I considered Nirkana Revenant for ramp but she's so expensive to cast that I decided not to. I generally prefer to keep my ramp spells cheaper so I can cast them early game, or later game I can cast them and other things. I'm currently a little on the fence about keeping Caged Sun.
Thanks Kaleo42, I thought it was an amusing concept, too. Turned out to be just as fun to play. The decks I play against are a bit of a mixed bag. It's mostly kitchen table EDH, though my playgroup's experienced a bit of power creep as we strive to outdo one another. Some strong Jhoira suspending, tokens, combos, a number of quality voltron commanders but generally not much cruel control.
NoSoyYucateco, you're giving me good food for thought here:
Yeah, Scythe Specter's discard is conditional, relying on it dealing combat damage but I really like that makes all opponents discard. Its 6 CMC is pretty tough to swallow though - especially if it's killed before it even attacks. I did consider Bloodhusk Ritualist early on when building this deck but cut it, thinking that to make one person discard one card wasn't a great investment. But if I spent the same as Scythe Specter cost, I'd get that person to discard 3 immediately. Hmmm. I do like that the discard happens immediately, and I can scale my mana investment to "right-size" how many cards I want someone to discard. I might switch these two up.
Your Maralen of the Mornsong and Teferi's Puzzle Box combo is pretty cool and would definitely lock down the whole table. I like that Maralen can help me tutor up the puzzle box to complete the combo. But sometimes I want my opponents to draw cards, just so I can make them discard them and take damage with Liliana's Caress, Megrim and Raiders' Wake. Also, the puzzle box is a bit of a dead card to me without Maralen in play. I'll think on it.
I had Innocent Blood in my list for a while but with so few creatures, I was hesitant to run it for fear of having to sacrifice something really good. I figured Chainer's Edict was safer and pretty cheap for .
1 month ago
You might find a quicker route to locking down the whole table is Maralen of the Mornsong and Teferi's Puzzle Box. They tutor for a card, then put their hand on the bottom of their library. On your turn, stack the triggers the other way so that you put your hand on the bottom, then tutor for a card.
5 months ago
5 months ago
Current Adjustments Made:
5 months ago
Suggested cuts for some of the new Ixalan vamps:
Legions Landing (probably not good enough)
Bishop of Rebirth (also probably not good enough)
5 months ago
I think an instant improvement for the deck would be to remove Skullclamp and replace it with Sword of the Animist, It'll ramp you up and help thin out your deck far better than a skullclamp would do. But thats just experience. also a great card, one of my favorite vampires EVER is not here, and think he's so underrated Vish Kal, Blood Arbiter Oh lord, he's just marveous, especially if you have Rakish Heir or Stensia Masquerade out or even a Necropolis Regent out removal at instant speed, and allows you to get rid of that pesky indestructible, Also i've found Falkenrath Aristocrat to be rather fabulous, with ANY kind of 1/1 counters mechanic you have (the ones i listed) She'll avoid most board wipes and is really resilient! Although you dont have a human to sac for the 1/1 a 4/1 indestructible flyer is still pretty darn good in my opinion. I hope this helps! Im trying to tune out my deck and see which vampires I like, and which i should switch out, currently for me my eyes are on Kheru Mind-Eater Bloodhusk Ritualist and Falkenrath Noble I havent seen much use from these guys so i may just switch them out for more control cards. I hope this helps!!!
5 months ago
- Blood Baron of Vizkopa: muito situacional, basicamente mana jogada fora a maioria das vezes
- Bloodhusk Ritualist: seria interessante se fossem todos os oponentes, muita mana para um oponente s
- Drana's Emissary: um ping bem ruinzinho, ganhar vida legal, mas no parece ser o foco primrio ento um corte vlido
- Voldaren Pariah Flip: legal mas tem substituies melhores
- Mortify: melhor se livrar de problemas permanentemente
- Urge to Feed: fica legal no flavor mas seus vampiros se beneficiariam mais de outras cartas
- Consuming Vapors: recupera vida, o que legal, mas dificilmente vai eliminar um problema que voc espera (vampiros no devem dar escolha pros oponentes)
- Obelisk of Urd: tem uma substituio muito melhor por menos mana
Well of Lost Dreams: ganho de vida no parece ser a estratgia principal, o que corta muito o potencial dessa carta
Vampire Nighthawk: Famoso vampiro multi-uso, CMC baixo, voa, tem deathtouch e lifelink, melhor impossvel
- Drana, Liberator of Malakir: Baixo CMC e buffa todos os tokens ANTES do dano deles (first strike acontece antes do dano dos demais)
- Indulgent Aristocrat: Baixo CMC, Sac Outlet que buffa todos os vampiros.
- Falkenrath Exterminator: CMC baixo, potencialmente pode matar vrias criaturas problemticas.
- Mirror Entity: um vampiro no casting, te d um token. No battlefield buffa absurdos todos os tokens (pode diminuir uns maiores, but nothing comes for free) e CMC baixo.
- Falkenrath Gorger: vai perder seus melhores vampiros para um wheel? Claro que no, cmc baixo timo
- Olivia, Mobilized for War: baixo CMC e d haste para o que voc precisa que j entre sentando o sarrafo.
- Iroas, God of Victory: nico outro no vampiro til, ajuda bastante no combate
- Boros Charm: ningum gosta de criar um exrcito s para tomar um wrath
- Anguished Unmaking: Se livre de permanentes problemticas
- Utter End: mesmo do acima
- Rakdos Charm: Cemitrios so problemticos, artefatos so problemticos, no mesmo slot dois por um
- Syphon Mind: Se um deck para multiplayer esse o melhor draw possvel.
- Night's Whisper: draw
- Phyrexian Arena: draw
- Underworld Connections: draw
- Eldrazi Monument: Seus tokens buffam, ganham voar e principalmente, indestrutvel.
- Fellwar Stone: Ramp
- Sword of the Animist: Ramp
- Darksteel Ingot: Ramp
- Ashnod's Altar: Ramp e Sac Outlet
- Phyrexian Reclamation, Palace Siege: o Edgar no gosta de reanimaes direto pro campo, ento o melhor trazer para mo e castar de novo. Cast and Profit, Sac and Profit, Reanimate and Profit. No d para ficar mais vampiro que isso.