|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Fate Reforged (FRF)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
- Rally the Ancestors
- Does a 0/0 Creature Count Towards Devotion if it Enters the Battlefield at the Same Time as Gray Merchant of Asphodel?
- What happens with Rally the Ancestors and Exploit Stuff?
- Can you return a Morph creature with Rally the Ancestors?
- Question with Rally The Ancestor triggers and opponent interaction
Rally the Ancestors
Return each creature card with converted mana cost X or less from your graveyard to the battlefield. Exile those creatures at the beginning of your next upkeep. Exile Rally the Ancestors.
|Have (37)||ironax , Wazerwifle , RPG_FOX , JAT0 , NobleSlay3r , the.beanpole , Archegos , , jhunter , jstn.mrrtt , duff87 , chrishuffman95 , Riku580 , marcus638 , Epidilius , meowCat1234 , Va1mar , Cazaz0816 , saj0219 , itheoryz , Kleptozaniac , Pumpkinking913 , bakeraj4 , Gryffix , Mortiferus_Rosa , rockleemyhero , Ashy , tragic_slip , Prettyfun , Chandelier , carsickpanda273 , YossarianLives , Crimson6 , Ellyreia , thetechzombie , sneferie , CastleSiege|
|Want (12)||mumblethief , Djricci97 , raespadas , chizy , dasodahe , Rathe , shining_chaos , LovelyCactus , AwakenedPlasma , Jastix , dutchreeves , FlavorPolice|
Rally the Ancestors Discussion
3 days ago
Oblivion Ring (this is reaaal nice with blink, read up on how the triggers can stack!!)
any evoke creature e.g. Shriekmaw
1 week ago
Four activations mills the opponent for 48 cards. It doesn't take modern decks long to go through the remaining 12 cards, especially if 7 were in the opening hand, and 2 were pulled out by fetchlands, and they drew a card every turn.
About 16 advisors on the battlefield wins instantly. You can with with 8 on the battlefield, if you Rally the Ancestors at the opponent's end step, you can use them, untap and use them again in response to the exile trigger. Similar with Bloodbond March , use their ability, sacrifice them, then play a 9th to get them all back untapped.
2 weeks ago
This doesn't seem like a bad idea: using something to instantly create a bunch of Advisors.
Since the "tap four" ability can be used the turn it comes into play, you can focus on putting a whole bunch on the battlefield at once. Rally the Ancestors , Immortal Servitude , and Bloodbond March come to mind as ways to return all of your critters from your graveyard to the battlefield.
3 weeks ago
Thanks for the comment, crazyduels. I'm pretty likely to swap in Phyrexian Altar for Teysa Karlov , then I need to decide what I'm removing for Necromancy once it comes in. I'll also consider Rally the Ancestors , as I do have a pretty high creature count and low creature CMC.
Nim Deathmantle is in the deck purely as a combo piece - it's decent-ish (but slow and expensive) reanimation on its own, so I'm typically only going to cast it when I can capitalize and win. It goes infinite with Ashnod's Altar and either an undying creature (from Mikaeus, the Unhallowed ) or a creature that brings an additional body on either death or ETB ( Pawn of Ulamog or Grave Titan ). Having a Blood Artist effect on my board then wins, barring interaction from the table.
3 weeks ago
Very cool deck! I have an Ayli lying around I've been wanting to use and I can see myself making something like this. The thought I had as I was thinking about how i'd make it was "this deck won't have many ways to hold off big creatures so it needs to start fast." I think the reanimation route is a good one, like straight up Rally the Ancestors and Phyrexian Altar . Cards like Nim Deathmantle are probably too slow. You gain lots of life once you get going so that's kind of your shield against like an Aurelia deck for instance.
3 weeks ago
First and foremost, a typical EDH deck wants around 37 lands (ish), so you can trim down some of those (I'd suggest the deserts, unless you think those might fit your final theme).
I think Day of Destiny is good in a dedicated Legendary Creature deck, which this certainly isn't (you've got a mix of archetypes, and it might be possible to support a little bit of each of them).
Is Ring of Three Wishes on theme? If not, I don't think you need it here. Honor's Reward doesn't do too much, and has an abzan symbol. Psychic Sprial is a niche card that probably doesn't accomplish much here. Rally the Ancestors has flavor text from an abzan dude, and Youthful Scholar has a sultai watermark, the Dazzling Ramparts has an abzan watermark, and Shockmaw Dragon has a Kolaghan one. I'd say all of those are cuts.
I know that's not much, but keep cycling it as you narrow down what you want your deck to do!
1 month ago
Hou er rekening mee dat Merciless Eviction en vooral Path to Exile , Swords to Plowshares en Return to Dust niets doen met het deck zelf. Ik zou eerder gaan voor Vona's Hunger , Tragic Arrogance en Living Death als er creatures zijn waar je niet vanaf komt. de laatste twee functioneren ook nog eens als een enabler voor Teysa.
Dread Return is misschien ook een leuke, sacrifice outlet EN graveyard recursion.
En dan heb je ook nog kaarten die superieur zijn aan Death Denied . Entreat the Dead is Heel erg sterk, maar ook Rally the Ancestors en Wake the Dead doen het prima in dit deck als je je sacrifice outlets maar beschikbaar hebt...
En misschien ben ik het gewoon, maar ik mis Solemn Simulacrum ook gewoon een beetje...
Oeh, Oeh en Twilight Drover !!
En Harvester of Souls !!!
Och je snapt het wel.... :D
1 month ago
Suggestions for "additions" (I'm not sure what you want to take out)
Also here is my list if you want some additional inspiration: https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/shadowborn-apostles-demons-will-rise/
The list is outdated, casual, and just a rough remake of a list I had previously that I lost, but there might be something you've missed in there.
- Aven Shrine - Provides ridiculous lifegains even with just a small number of apostles in the yard.
- Xathrid Necromancer - (Rotlung Reanimator v. 2) - Tokens enters tapped, which is an issue, but it triggers off humans which hits slightly more targets than cleric. More of an aggressive inclusion rather than combo defensive tool.
- Angel of Glory's Rise - gets back all your Clerics for another run.
- Rally the Ancestors - You have Immortal Servitude , this is its buddy.
- Doom Whisperer - Razaketh, the Foulblooded does what this does better under normal circumstances. Haven't playtested this one but the general idea is to Surveil as many Clerics into the graveyard as possible until you hit a mass-resurrection-spell. Combines really well with aforementioned Aven Shrine by possibly finding and fueling the Shrine's condition, leading to mass lifegains, leading to more Surveil.
- No Rest for the Wicked - Haven't playtested this one either and possibly more a jank inclusion. The idea is to make sure you can get your Clerics back into hand if Athreos is not available or people are willing to pay. It's better to just have the mass resurrection spells before this.
I would probably pull out:
- Krav, the Unredeemed - He seems lackluster in the setup and you don't seem to create an abundance of tokens to really abuse his ability.
- Harvester of Souls - Would likely swap him out for a Grim Haruspex . While the Harvester triggers off of your opponent's creatures dying, you would need a Grave Pact effect in play to actually take advantage of that. The main portion of cards you get from this is from your own creatures. And I figure if you are able to search for a demon, the Harvester is not the prime target. At least when I've played he has been under performing. The Haruspex is easier to cast and is returned with both Rally the Ancestors and Angel of Glory's Rise . You can even find her with Recruiter of the Guard in case you've already found your Edgewalker .
- Unburial Rites - Just seems lackluster to me but that's also because my playgroup run a lot of exile, especially on big targets in colors that usually gets them back. In general I find Phyrexian Reclamation to be a better inclusion because I can secure I get my Clerics back which is the overall gameplan.
Anyway just my 2 cents. Hope you can use it in some capacity :)
Rally the Ancestors occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%