|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Rare|
|Rise of the Eldrazi (ROE)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human Wizard
Level up 1,U (1,U: Put a level counter on this. Level up only as a sorcery.) [2/3]
Level 2-3 2U, Tap: Copy target instant or sorcery spell. You may choose new targets for the copy. [2/4]
Level 4+ 2U, Tap: Copy target instant or sorcery spell twice. You may choose new targets for the copies. [2/5]
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (20)||that_guy_43 , Tiddilywinkus , DrPopular , Nemesis , dplerner , Regulus1010 , Snydog17 , Venser_the_Sojoner , Unlife , Splashy , ironax , Mousemke , pskinn01 , sneferie , rockleemyhero , DudeMan1031 , , ShishkyBob , accioali , SpaghettiToastBook|
Echo Mage Discussion
1 week ago
If in the market for suggestions, Aetherflux Reservoir might be a good idea if you really plan on casting lots of spells. Isochron Scepter, Elite Arcanist, and Echo Mage can help you get a little more bang for your buck. Also, curses tend to be underrated in my opinion, so consider Curse of Echoes and Curse of Bloodletting. Wild Ricochet might be something you want but I get it if you think its too pricey. Also also, why no cards that actually have the keyword "storm," like Ignite Memories, Grapeshot, or Empty the Warrens? Finally, if you're feeling REALLY brave, you could try running Eye of the Storm. Emphasis on try.
2 weeks ago
You want to take out the heroic ability and replace it with prowess. You don't cast copies with zada's ability so you won't get counters, and you also won't get tons of prowess buffs from zada's ability either. The prowess will trigger for each spell you cast on zada tho, so chaining 4 or so together with a relatively full board will be lethal damage. Echo Mage would be better left out in favor of Kiln Fiend or Stormchaser Mage
1 month ago
great deck! I LOVE SIMIC!!!! (Almost as much as my love for selesnya) But I do have a couple recs. you can switch out Opt for Reason / Believe and maybe a Lighthouse Chronologist or even an Echo Mage! I've also seen Enclave Cryptologist do some work aswell!
2 months ago
Thanks for the advice Mandalorian!
Notion Thief would be really funny, but I don't think I really need it since in my playtests once you get the combo off you draw more than enough cards as is. (But I might make a fun deck with a ton of cards just to see how many I can draw) :P
I totally forgot about Snow-Covered Islands, thank you for reminding me!
3 months ago
I wrote a bit comment and it got eaten by TappedOut. So, apologies for the brevity on this rewrite. These are a few suggestions based on a similar deck of mine.
- Mind's Desire and Temporal Fissure are both excellent storm payoffs. The former is one of the best hits from Epic Experiment and the latter can bounce every land as a pseudo Time Walk if you need to swing with tokens.
- Sphinx-Bone Wand and Docent of Perfection Flip are two additional options for win-cons if you so desire.
- Pull from the Deep and Mystic Retrieval are good options for re-casting your rituals/untap effects
- More free spells like Frantic Search or Rewind might be worth it. The latter can at worst counter your own spells with High Tide.
- I personally really like Eye of the Storm. It's expensive, it can backfire, but if you untap with it, it's almost impossible to lose. It goes effectively infinite with a lot of cards.
- Mizzix of the Izmagnus is almost definitely worth it.
- I think the 1-shot token producers are probably not that great. They're reasonably good with Purphoros, but I don't think that's worth 6 slots in the deck. Don't worry about creature count in Melek. A lot of Melek decks actually go creatureless for the Proteus Staff combo.
- Phyrexian Altar is probably really borderline unless you're running something like Fall of the Titans to just win without having to go an extra turn by saccing out all of your Empty the Warrens tokens.
- Strionic Resonator is at best a very situational fork in Melek. It's probably better to spend your mana on a cheap cantrip / draw spell like Gitaxian Probe or Treasure Cruise.
- Echo Mage is really expensive and vulnerable for its effect. You have to pump 7 mana and wait a turn to copy 1 spell. At that point, you're probably better off casting Eye of the Storm.
3 months ago
Thanks! Just a note: I'm thinking about the Demonmail Hauberk if I can get one of the infinite reanimation comboes I'm thinking of out, and hoping to use Maeirsil as a sacrifice outlet (he'd have to sacrifice himself unfortunately)
For the level up card, I was thinking of Echo Mage but that would make the question more complex. It doesn't work anyway :(
3 months ago
Get rid of Phenax, God of Deception for sure. Your amount of creatures won't benefit. Mystical Tutor just as a tutor and Dreadbore for a decent form of removal. Nightscape Familiar is helpful due to it making Blue and Red spells cost one less. Toxic Deluge. Echo Mage if you're able to level him up in time. Torment of Hailfire as another card to fill mana into. At the moment, I cannot think of anything else.