|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Tribal Sorcery — Rogue
Prowl (3)(Blue) (You may play this for its prowl cost if you dealt combat damage to a player this turn with a Rogue.)
Search target opponent's library for an instant or sorcery card. You may play that card without paying its mana cost. Then that player shuffles his or her library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Knowledge Exploitation Discussion
5 days ago
a more aggro option for Hidden Strings is Hands of Binding (whitch i use in my rogue deck). Also you might wanna throw some other unblockable creatures like Slither Blade or Triton Shorestalker for the Stinkdrinker Bandit buff. But as I see your rogue deck is more of a control deck while mine is pure aggro with some disruption as. For a control rogue deck you should consider Notorious Throng and Knowledge Exploitation and maybe Explorer's Scope. i don't know if you know this card Thieves' Fortune but don't underestimate it, saved my ass a bunch of times.
Anyway take a look at backstabbed and say what you think :)
1 week ago
Funkydiscogod nice aditions to the deck, never knew any of this cards.
i'll keep Knowledge Exploitation for now because its the only good sorcery thief will see how it works out
i'm down for any other card you think will be a good add for this theme
1 week ago
Knowledge Exploitation should be in the sideboard. It's a lot of effort to go through, and I don't think there are many instants or sorceries worth casting for (assuming you're getting the discount). It's not like Cruel Ultimatum is very common these days.
Bribery or its budget replacement Telemin Performance would probably be better, but still sideboard for those decks where you know what you're going to get. Telemin Performance gets bonus points because it's lethal to creatureless decks. So, anyway...consider replacing Knowledge Exploitation with Muse Vessel or Commandeer or Gather Specimens.
1 month ago
If you're looking at Thieves' Fortune I'd just run Serum Visions instead. It's not strictly better, but it is superior in the vast majority of possible scenarios. Knowledge Exploitation and Earwig Squad are strong sideboard options for sure; I run both in the SB of my rogue deck.
1 month ago
Hey there! Nice deck and i have a few recommendations: Mystic Speculation because i think one blue to scry 3 constantly is pretty good; speaking of scrying, Jace's Sanctum for when your commander isn't in play; Knowledge Exploitation because you have the other good "play your opponent's deck" cards; Spelltwine and Past in Flames to recur some good spells; and lastly Future Sight so the top card of your deck is also your hand. That's all i can think of for now, hope i helped!
1 month ago
The deck you are describing sounds exactly like what I used to run so I'm just going to post my favorite cards from it here. Memory Plunder, Wrexial, the Risen Deep, Diluvian Primordial, Sepulchral Primordial, Silent-Blade Oni, Mindleech Mass, Thada Adel, AcquisitorNightveil Specter, Knowledge Exploitation, Praetor's Grasp, Bribery, Blatant Thievery, and as said earlier Geth, Lord of the Vault. Green doesn't really have much in the thieving department but it does have ramp and non-creature removal which are both very important in commander.
1 month ago
And as one last comment, for the same reason as above, Part the Waterveil is also a one-of extra turn.
As a consolation, here's some more cards that I think to be particularily strong in this deck:
- Research the Deep is cool because you're both likely to have high-costed spells in your deck, as well as get two chances to return it to your hand. This is as close as you get for a guaranteed random chance to be drawing cards until the end of time, plus get the upside of messing with your opponent's Telling Time.
- Call to Mind and Pull from the Deep are pristine cards, as you can return everything to your hand that can be exiled with Rebound (which will end up in your graveyard afterwards).
- Divine Reckoning is a mass-removal spell that will spare your Commander. Tragic Arrogance works in a similar way, but is (at least for my build) more likely to destroy your own mass of artifacts than causing disproportional trouble for the opponent.
- Insidious Will is another utility counterspell, as it will let you copy (or even counter) something, then - if there's another spell you exiled to rebound later - is able to copy it again. It feels like cheating because it almost is!
- Return to Dust goes without explanation and is one of the best white utility cards, even when not able to cast it twice.
- Ugin's Insight is one of the better card draw spells when cast a second time for free, and doesn't even hurt if you can't make use of the second Scry effect because of a board wipe.
- Knowledge Exploitation is strong as it is, even though you'll have to pay the normal costs. However, keep in mind that both Knowledge Exploitation and the spell you get will have rebound, meaning you get to cast four spells for the cost of one.
- Last but not least, Aqueous Form provides permanent evasion while fixing your draws. Even as an Aura, I'd say you can't skip this.
Hope that helps :)