|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Tribal Sorcery — Rogue
Prowl (3)(Blue) (You may play this for its prowl cost if you dealt combat damage to a player this turn with a Rogue.)
Search target opponent's library for an instant or sorcery card. You may play that card without paying its mana cost. Then that player shuffles his or her library.
Knowledge Exploitation Discussion
3 weeks ago
EDH is really fun! Especially when you make a deck around a theme. I've made a similar Grixis theft deck with Jeleva. Here's a bunch of cards I have found fun and effective in my Grixis theft deck:
Emrakul, the Promised End , Gonti, Lord of Luxury , Grenzo, Havoc Raiser , Havengul Lich , Hostage Taker , Keiga, the Tide Star , Kheru Mind-Eater , Lord of the Void , Mindclaw Shaman , Necrotic Ooze , Nightveil Specter , Sepulchral Primordial , Sphinx Ambassador , Boneyard Parley , Knowledge Exploitation , Mnemonic Betrayal , Order of Succession , Role Reversal , Talent of the Telepath , Telemin Performance , Worst Fears , Commandeer , Desertion , Gather Specimens , Redirect , Reverberate , Spelljack , Wild Ricochet , Chaos Wand , Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker
5 months ago
I think Invisible Stalker is much better than Inkfathom Infiltrator because the stalker has a lot more evasión , not being able to be targeted by any burn spell or removal unless it is a Wrath of God , basically it wont die unless you block with it because you're desperate to survive (you cant block with inkfathom infiltrator).
Maybe Frogtosser Banneret ?
You can try cards with changeling .
You may add something for late game that gets bonuses from tribals decks like Door of Destinies , Coat of Arms , Adaptive Automaton , Metallic Mimic , Stoneforge Masterwork (i think this one is the best because most of your creatures are unblockable and is very fast , and if you add Invisible Stalker it is almost impossible to get rid of it , while the infathom will probably die instantly when you equip the artifact to it)
Knowledge Exploitation for sideboard
6 months ago
Remove: Dack's Duplicate , Diluvian Primordial , Inkwell Leviathan , Ornithopter , Phyrexian Ingester , Psychosis Crawler , Knowledge Exploitation , Dissipate , Reins of Power , Stoic Rebuttal , Izzet Cluestone , Manalith , Spectral Searchlight , Venser's Journal , Vessel of Endless Rest , one land
Add: Whir of Invention , Negate , Retract , Scrap Mastery , Reshape , Hedron Archive , Darksteel Forge , Paradoxical Outcome , Hurkyl's Recall , Thought Vessel , Kuldotha Forgemaster , Saheeli's Directive , Aether Spellbomb , Rebuild , Soul of New Phyrexia , Mycosynth Wellspring , Ichor Wellspring , Foundry Inspector
7 months ago
Hey triproberts12! Thank you very much for taking a look at the deck and for offering your suggestions. You are right, I think I can use more faeries and early ramp. I will see about acquiring copies of Notorious Throng and Knowledge Exploitation and see how they do. Tree of Perdition is a pet card of mine, but maybe it is time to see it go. Thanks for pointing out the math for Cryptic Gateway , that is definitely getting taken out for Faerie Artisans . This deck has gone through a lot of revisions. It started out as a half faerie / half trickery (steal or copy your stuff) shenanigans, because I didn't think I could get there and close out games with just the faeries. Rite of Replication was one of those cards and I usually always copy something fun from somebody else. I slowly baked in more removal over time (a meta call) strictly to get rid of fliers and big threats so I could push through damage. Maybe I should scale some of that back. Thanks again for your suggestions! I am definitely going to take all that you said into consideration when I tinker with it today and try and tune it to be more consistent.
7 months ago
You could use more Faeries. Typically, you want to go for a minimum of 30 tribe members in a tribal EDH deck. You might also want Muddle the Mixture , Dimir Infiltrator , and Shred Memory to grab your Oona's Blackguard and Bitterblossom , seeing as the deck really ticks with those two cards in play. Along those lines, Notorious Throng and Knowledge Exploitation are also good. You also need more early-game ramp. Talisman of Dominance and Dimir Signet seem like givens.
As for what to cut, Cryptic Gateway doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It's a 5 mana artifact that lets you tap two creatures to play a card with a maximum CMC of 4. Likewise, I love Rite of Replication as a card, but what are you copying that's worth the mana? Followed Footsteps seems awfully mediocre, and Tree of Perdition doesn't seem to go great with a deck that's going to be slowly draining the opponents over a number of turns. You also seem to be pretty heavy on creature removal. Do you really need Cast Down, Doom Blade, Murder, Go For the Throat, Tragic Slip, and Imprisoned in the Moon with three Wraths and Control Magic?
9 months ago
9 months ago
@Osbert Thank You very much for Your deep study on my deck. Here are my anwsers:
- I've been using Crystal Shard, Erratic Portal some time ago and I wasn't happy with that. Just imagine that You cascade in one of these instead of some big nasty creature - impact on the board is too small. I don't need cut cost of casting Commander thanks to many ramp cards, also if Maelstrom Wanderer is still on the board then it's time to cast creatures from hand, they will have haste so impact is good enough (in other circumstances creature cards left at hand would be dead cards because most of time You cast Commander only).
- About making top deck stronger there are two things that prevent me from putting cards You listed (well, there is third reason - I don't have most of these:) ). First is that I really like randomness of cascades (it's still limited by card selection). Second is just the same like with bouncing cards - cascading into them will make one cast of commander weaker. Still there is Sensei's Divining Top for top decking, which is also a lifesaver when You need next land drop and I won't cut it out.
- I run Lurking Predators only - because that card doesn't need mana to activate (most of times Commander eat almost all of mana) and it's working just fine without any help. Sometimes it's better to leave land on top deck (if more mana is needed for next cast from command zone), sometimes You are already overextended and expect wrath effect spell from others.
- Well Oath of Druids is tempting because it could make early game more than just ramping. Still these creatures won't have haste (and my ETB effects won't change much) and opponents can also use Oath's effect to put creatures from their decks making more blockers, ramp or even combo. I need to see that card in action because now I can't predict if it will make advantage or disadvantage.
- There isn't too much standard spot removal besides of Beast Within (already is in deck) and Pongify which is very cheap (only one blue mana). Also there are some kind of removals: Inferno Titan, Phyrexian Ingester, Terastodon, Tyrant's Familiar, Primal Command, Warstorm Surge (plus creatures entering board). If that's not enough AOE cards will try to compensate. I will keep in mind Krosan Grip and Reality Shift (didn't know second card, it's really nice when facing indestructible creatures)). But Wave of Vitriol can hit me also and probably will wait long on hand. Song of the Dryads still can be removed and threat would return.
- From these Mystic Confluence and Cryptic Command most valuable are abilities that make Commander and creatures more evasive (this deck doesn't need more card draw) and of course occasional counterspelling. But, so far, evasion from creatures, lands and some spot or AOE removals were just enough to deal damage (especially overloaded Cyclonic Rift).
- Already got Mystical Tutor in this deck. And yes - it's great. It can go for Tooth and Nail or Cyclonic Rift, even when facing mana screw I sometimes use it for ramp spell. Worldly Tutor could make more control over deck (or top decking) but still I prefer to cast Commander than casting single creature and like that randomness.
- About strange cards in my deck: Burnished Hart well I could change it for something better - can You give me some ideas (especially cards that put 2 lands)? Ixidron - You don't have to cast card that fit cascade requirements (they can go to the bottom of library) so it won't hurt controlled creatures, also Commander comes into play AFTER cascades resolve (he is on the stack until then) so it will never hurt him. This card can hit very hard other commanders as they won't go to command zone. It's weakness is that it won't affect tokens but I take that risk. Curse of the Swine has exile effect (which is quite rare in RUG) and it can be single or multi target I keep it for that versality (even if it does not have synergy with Commander). Knowledge Exploitation is for 7 mana so it can be cascaded for free, also I have enough mana to cast it from hand. Best case scenario is when it hits with first cascade, then You can go for some funny card from opponent deck (some kind of wrath effect) and then cast creature from second cascade - it will result in clear board and then Maelstrom Wanderer and that other creature will come.
9 months ago
Really sorry for the double post but I forgot to mention a few things.... Where is your spot removal because one Ethersworn Canonist or Curse of Exhaustion makes you a very sad person. I'd run Beast Within, Song of the Dryads, Krosan Grip, Reality Shift, and maybe even Wave of Vitriol.
Cards I'm confused why you are playing: Burnished Hart (Terrible ramp when compared to green ramp), Ixidron (Humilities your big value cards), Curse of the Swine (Non-bo with cascade), and Knowledge Exploitation (No Rogues in deck).
Knowledge Exploitation occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%