|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Tribal Sorcery — Rogue
Prowl (3)(Blue) (You may play this for its prowl cost if you dealt combat damage to a player this turn with a Rogue.)
Search target opponent's library for an instant or sorcery card. You may play that card without paying its mana cost. Then that player shuffles his or her library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (7)||NivStormfront , Pumpkinking913 , Abzkaban , Bluboltar , , TypicalTimmy , Daddy1ong1egs13|
|Want (15)||pipipimlbpp , Approximos , IsaacGreenseed , CharlesBlackwater , wesk123 , 2OfHearts , Minimatte , coocbey73 , JoshTheStampede , foofifoo , DeadlyPro_21 , Dragonex , perz13 , SilvanSage , waynebland|
Knowledge Exploitation Discussion
1 week ago
2 weeks ago
@Osbert Thank You very much for Your deep study on my deck. Here are my anwsers:
- I've been using Crystal Shard, Erratic Portal some time ago and I wasn't happy with that. Just imagine that You cascade in one of these instead of some big nasty creature - impact on the board is too small. I don't need cut cost of casting Commander thanks to many ramp cards, also if Maelstrom Wanderer is still on the board then it's time to cast creatures from hand, they will have haste so impact is good enough (in other circumstances creature cards left at hand would be dead cards because most of time You cast Commander only).
- About making top deck stronger there are two things that prevent me from putting cards You listed (well, there is third reason - I don't have most of these:) ). First is that I really like randomness of cascades (it's still limited by card selection). Second is just the same like with bouncing cards - cascading into them will make one cast of commander weaker. Still there is Sensei's Divining Top for top decking, which is also a lifesaver when You need next land drop and I won't cut it out.
- I run Lurking Predators only - because that card doesn't need mana to activate (most of times Commander eat almost all of mana) and it's working just fine without any help. Sometimes it's better to leave land on top deck (if more mana is needed for next cast from command zone), sometimes You are already overextended and expect wrath effect spell from others.
- Well Oath of Druids is tempting because it could make early game more than just ramping. Still these creatures won't have haste (and my ETB effects won't change much) and opponents can also use Oath's effect to put creatures from their decks making more blockers, ramp or even combo. I need to see that card in action because now I can't predict if it will make advantage or disadvantage.
- There isn't too much standard spot removal besides of Beast Within (already is in deck) and Pongify which is very cheap (only one blue mana). Also there are some kind of removals: Inferno Titan, Phyrexian Ingester, Terastodon, Tyrant's Familiar, Primal Command, Warstorm Surge (plus creatures entering board). If that's not enough AOE cards will try to compensate. I will keep in mind Krosan Grip and Reality Shift (didn't know second card, it's really nice when facing indestructible creatures)). But Wave of Vitriol can hit me also and probably will wait long on hand. Song of the Dryads still can be removed and threat would return.
- From these Mystic Confluence and Cryptic Command most valuable are abilities that make Commander and creatures more evasive (this deck doesn't need more card draw) and of course occasional counterspelling. But, so far, evasion from creatures, lands and some spot or AOE removals were just enough to deal damage (especially overloaded Cyclonic Rift).
- Already got Mystical Tutor in this deck. And yes - it's great. It can go for Tooth and Nail or Cyclonic Rift, even when facing mana screw I sometimes use it for ramp spell. Worldly Tutor could make more control over deck (or top decking) but still I prefer to cast Commander than casting single creature and like that randomness.
- About strange cards in my deck: Burnished Hart well I could change it for something better - can You give me some ideas (especially cards that put 2 lands)? Ixidron - You don't have to cast card that fit cascade requirements (they can go to the bottom of library) so it won't hurt controlled creatures, also Commander comes into play AFTER cascades resolve (he is on the stack until then) so it will never hurt him. This card can hit very hard other commanders as they won't go to command zone. It's weakness is that it won't affect tokens but I take that risk. Curse of the Swine has exile effect (which is quite rare in RUG) and it can be single or multi target I keep it for that versality (even if it does not have synergy with Commander). Knowledge Exploitation is for 7 mana so it can be cascaded for free, also I have enough mana to cast it from hand. Best case scenario is when it hits with first cascade, then You can go for some funny card from opponent deck (some kind of wrath effect) and then cast creature from second cascade - it will result in clear board and then Maelstrom Wanderer and that other creature will come.
2 weeks ago
Really sorry for the double post but I forgot to mention a few things.... Where is your spot removal because one Ethersworn Canonist or Curse of Exhaustion makes you a very sad person. I'd run Beast Within, Song of the Dryads, Krosan Grip, Reality Shift, and maybe even Wave of Vitriol.
Cards I'm confused why you are playing: Burnished Hart (Terrible ramp when compared to green ramp), Ixidron (Humilities your big value cards), Curse of the Swine (Non-bo with cascade), and Knowledge Exploitation (No Rogues in deck).
2 months ago
Thada Adel, Acquisitor is an amazing card for ramping and stealing combo pieces.
I use Spellbinder in my ninja deck and it scares the hell out of people (it draws a lot of hate). I love that card.
Shapesharer can go in unblocked and then copy anything.
2 months ago
No Mercy over Windborn Muse.
2 months ago
For bonus points I used: Sun Quan, Lord of Wu - best way is to finish them off with fish riding horses
Back from the Brink - this is the only? way to get creatures back in mono U
Artificial Evolution - you can change Swarmyard to regen Merfolks, Wizards etc.
5 months ago
@Valzasaurus Glad you enjoy it.
About life gain: Don't worry! The cool thing about theft deck is that the answers always lie in your opponents decks ;)
So these are the cards you probably have overlooked: Dead Man's Chest, Gonti, Lord of Luxury, Acquire, Expropriate, Knowledge Exploitation, Mind's Dilation, Praetor's Grasp, Ink-Eyes, Servant of Oni, Sakashima the Impostor, Evil Twin, Stolen Identity, Psychic Intrusion, Memory Plunder, Sakashima's Student, Thada Adel, Acquisitor, Daring Thief & Silent-Blade Oni
5 months ago
I usually try to combo out as soon as possible when I cast it, taking extra turns, gaining mana to cast more spells, and drawing more cards. The goal is to avoid giving my opponents the chance to use it against me.
Also, it is the reason I am running Talent of the Telepath. Potentially, it could mill out an opponent on its own by finding enough spells to recast it again and again. An alternative, and known combo I am not using, is Knowledge Exploitation, stealing all the instant and sorcery cards in all opponents libraries.
Lastly, one of my wincons is Insidious Dreams -> Maelstrom Wanderer, Eye of the Storm, and whatever spell or spells depending on number of cards discarded will most help you win, usually Karn's Temporal Sundering works well enough.
Hope that is enough of an explanation of things.