Return target creature card from your graveyard to your hand.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Raise Dead occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Raise Dead Discussion
1 month ago
I for one have my hopes for prismari command and would love to see grixis do good things with it (what you said sounds pretty good to me)....the only other countermagic i highly recommend to people that you didnt mention is good ol' Mana Leak ... much like Condescend its super generic/mana base friendly and is an allstar early-mid game.... a newer sweeper that I came across while playing MTGA is Storm's Wrath ... the fact that it catches walkers too seems like it could be pretty good?... never thought of silumgar as an option but honestly that seems pretty legit!
Cruel Ultimatum is definitely too slow for Modern in any competitive environment.... Unless the meta became Naya Zoo for some reason and Grixis control could just do whatever it wanted... I just Run Ultimatum because its Cruel Edict + Three Tragedies + Lava Axe + Raise Dead + Concentrate + Soothing Balm + Exile opponents soul.... It's my favorite card and got the playmat to match ;)
I was just wondering why when I looked into what SERIOUS Grixis control looks like nowadays it hasn't topped any events in so many years... That kinda bugs/concerns me way more that Ultimatum being obsoleted.... unfortunatly it just sounds like + splash whatever other color is just a case of "anything grixis can do I can do better" from the sounds of this thread.... oh well maybe someday Grixis Control will get what it needs to be a presence in the competitive landscape.
3 months ago
Hey man, great to see that you've added your take on Horobi, Death's Wail EDH :)
It looks like this deck has quite a few cool mechanisms that I haven't considered. But there's also a few things I'm unsure about.
Like Archfiend of Ifnir. You realise that this effect, and the effects of other "each creature" effects don't trigger Horobi, Death's Wail? The only other cards I can see the -1/-1 counters synergize with, are Necroskitter and Contagion Clasp. But I guess it fits with a -1/-1 theme, if thats what you are aiming for?
Just in case, I would also like to point out the anti-synergy between the auras like Demonic Vigor and Horobi, Death's Wail's effect because of the fact that auras target their creature when cast. But you probably already know this and is planning to use the auras before casting Horobi, in that case, you are all good :)
Other than these observations I really like Grimoire of the Dead. That looks like a ton of fun! I am also curious that you chose the more mana expensive Bone Harvest over Raise Dead, and I am wondering if this is a trade I should do in my own deck. Bone Harvest does definitely have more value, and is way better than Raise Dead later in the game.
Thanks for sharing.
11 months ago
Phew, Kalitas would make legacy dredge very good. I think it has to be a Raise Dead type effect, which would also be way more in line with the power level of the other cards' abilities.
1 year ago
I have worked on trying to perfect a list here - bg sac value pauper. I think that Brindle Shoat and loam dryad are the key cards. I think your list can use a couple of lands and a better Raise Dead effect and more card draw.
1 year ago
I don't think this is a suicide deck, aristocrats would probably be a better hub. Other than that the deck looks pretty cool, maybe add some more repeatable sac outlets. Carrion Feeder . Mortician Beetle is a very synergistic card. I would add some more card filtering and recursion, like Raise Dead and Grisly Salvage anyways, happy sacrificing!
Boza on Custom Cube
1 year ago
- blackblade's bite -> this might as well read B:Exile target creature.
- dark draining -> powerful at that mana cost, and any target to boot.
- davriel -> looks to be incredibly weak. It is graveyard hate, but wants to cast non-creature spells with its second ability, but the only thing you want to hate is creatures, since those come back easily...
- defiled anthem -> sure, but this is incredibly hard to actually trigger and will create memory issues.
- duskmantle shade -> shades usually have the black firebreathing effect, eg Liliana's Shade
- eliminate - white has the exact same card, except the lose two life clause. Why?
- festerspawn - better than existing options by a mile. Phyrexian Rager feels shame.
- hired hit - why does this one destroy the creature, while the previous ones exiled it?
- hungering shadow -> ninjutsu and devour is an interesting combo, but this is a very weak card.
- memory -> why do these cost 5 mana? these are so limited in application.
- mind scourer -> this can end games on turn 3.
- Moonglove-Blade Assassin -> a 4/3 for 5 mana with basically super Murder attached to it?
- Ominous Form -> if it wasn't for the OP removal to deal with this, it would be too powerful. It probably still is.
- Pain -> blue and white did not have something similar, so it is not a cycle. This is quite powerful and warps the game around it.
- psionic lashing -> do not do this. suprise "I win" cards are not a good idea. Though, if you target yourself, you kill yourself, which is a different application.
- return journey -> very cool design!
- rotgrub swarm -> 1/1 for 1 mana that you will never play on turn 1. Probably not a good idea.
- rotplague -> too powerful for a one-sided card.
- something wicked -> when would you ever choose the first option on this overcosted Raise Dead ?
- soul pillage -> when would you ever choose the first option on the above when this card exists?
- will rot -> not a black effect.
- zulaport alley-watcher -> where is there a city with alleys on Zendikar?
1 year ago
1 year ago
bushido_man96: The deck doesn't precisely have a discard theme, but it does work to strip resources from my opponents in an asymmetric fashion. If I can resolve Mindslicer , I will almost always win (because I can rebuild my hand extremely quickly and they cannot).
budlaorf: Vilis is almost certainly finding a home here -- the only real question is whether he is better or worse than Razzledazzle. Apart from him, I'm unsure about Blood for Bones , and probably not including the other two.
Rambolicious_0: Yes, you could choose to reanimate OR recur the thing you just sacrificed. In a certain sense, it's like a black Cloudshift to reuse an ETB, in many cases (stapled to an additional Raise Dead ).