|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Uncommon|
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition (MM2)||Uncommon|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Uncommon|
|Shards of Alara (ALA)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
: Exile target creature card from a graveyard. Create a 1/1 green Saproling creature token.
2 months ago
Not sure how you are viewing your wincon in this deck but these are some cards that came to mind that work with both your enchantment theme and Ghave, Guru of Spores :
2 months ago
Hey so ive been playing with slimefoot myself lately and had some questions. Instead of cards like Nature's Lore and Cultivate ive been using creatures that sacrifice themselves to ramp out lands like Burnished Hart so that i can ramp, get sac triggers and have more bodies in the GY for Necrogenesis Is this smart or do you find good ol rampant growth esque sorceries work better?
2 months ago
Hey there, I saw your comment on my Tana/Tymna deck, I'm glad you liked it.
This deck is interesting! It seems like you struck a good balance with counters and tokens. I'll give some tips and suggestions based on what I see here. Before I start though, I need to know how you are using your tokens. Are they used more for beating down or more for value? I'll make more suggestions once you tell me. All the suggestions I make are just my opinion, take it however you like.
Cards I would suggest finding room for:
- Tendershoot Dryad It's a fantastic token generator, and the Ascend ability on it is no joke.
- Asceticism and Heroic Intervention I noticed there is a lack of protection for your board. Something I learned, especially recently, is that our token generators and any other value creatures need to be protected. Token decks have a hard time coming back if they get wiped or targeted down before they can do anything, so these are must haves in my opinion. Archetype of Endurance is a good budget replacement for Asceticism, though very high in cmc.
- Pitiless Plunderer This adds a ton of value for sacrificing your own creatures. It has come in clutch for me more times than I could count. Also it works really well with Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest since it counts sacrificing any permanents!
- Death's Presence Could also be interesting to use with Reyhan, or even Tana. It's like Kresh the Bloodbraided 's ability but for creatures you control, although the cmc is a bit high.
- Parallel Lives Would also be good for extra token generation.
- Replace Fungal Plots with Necrogenesis Card draw is nice, but these cards can exile from other people's graveyards. Great card for controlling any reanimator/graveyard shenanigans decks. You seem to have a lot of card draw already.
- Yawgmoth, Thran Physician He has a sacrifice outlet, card draw, and a proliferate function, all in one card! He's pretty insane for a deck like yours that generates counters and sacrifice creatures for stuff.
Possible Problem cards:
- Concordant Crossroads A great card, as a wincon. It's a very dangerous card to play if you give your opponents haste too and take more advantage of it than you can. If you can pull it off without your opponents taking too much advantage of it, then more power to you!
- Utopia Mycon I used to run this card too, but it only works for saprolings which became a bit problematic when I had other tokens that weren't saprolings. However you are running Tana as a commander, so it may alleviate the problem I had with it.
- Citanul Hierophants Seems a bit redundant with Cryptolith Rite , but that's just me. There could be other creatures more worth playing for equal or less cmc, like Grismold, the Dreadsower from the new Commander Set! Definitely putting it in my Kresh deck.
- Greater Good It's a very good card if you're getting good draws from killing large creatures. I'm not sure how often you are getting creatures with 4 or more power that isn't your own commander.
- Crop Rotation It's only really good if your playing high power lands like Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth + Cabal Coffers or Gaea's Cradle . If you're looking to fix mana, I would add Sakura-Tribe Elder Cultivate and/or Kodama's Reach
So far this what I have as far suggestions go. Let me know what you think!
passascats on Slimer
8 months ago
This looks like a pretty solid list. A lot of the tweaks are going to depend on personal preference.
Here are some cards to consider:
Sprout Swarm can be really good leading into a big turn. With convoke and buy back this card can bring a lot of value.
Attrition is both a sac outlet and a way to clear threats on the board.
You might want to consider some of the bigger saproling producers so you have plenty of ammo for slimefoot. Sporemound , Thelonite Hermit , and Verdeloth the Ancient .
Cards to consider replacing:
Birds of Paradise is not really good in EDH, it's not bad, it is just ok. for ramp consider the signet.
Tormod's Crypt is kind of situational, graveyard hate is not always needed. I would consider Night Soil or Necrogenesis to add to your saprolings instead.
Doomblade, one more mana for a Hero's Downfall or a Never/Return is better bet.
Tainted Strike is dirty, and we usually don't play dirty, but it's your call.
9 months ago
Hey, consider adding sac outlets? Creatures or other cards that have an ability to sacrifice a Sap:
- Ashnod's Altar
- Deathspore Thallid
- Vitaspore Thallid
- Viscera Seer
- Carrion Feeder
- Evolutionary Leap
- Krav, the Unredeemed
The nice thing about these cards are they are all repeatable sac and most have no mana cost activations to sac a Sap. Ashnods is not a budget card, but I'm suggesting it because it's very good with Slimefoot since you make colorless mana when you sac a creature. Skullclamp is amazing draw with 1/1 Sap tokens or sac outlets.
Budget lands to consider:
- Command Tower: one of the best lands in Commander.
- Llanowar Wastes
- Tainted Wood
- Hissing Quagmire
- High Market: sac outlet.
Other Sap themed cards to consider adding:
- Druidic Satchel
- Tendershoot Dryad
- Sprout Swarm
- Scatter the Seeds
- Saproling Migration
- Sporecrown Thallid
- Necrogenesis: exile your opponent's creature in their graveyard to make a Sap.
Cards that give you a repeatable source of Saps for no or little mana cost are very good: Satchel/Tendershoot/Mycoloth/Necrogenesis
Other cards that have good interaction with Saps to consider:
Other good support cards:
- Eternal Witness
- Golgari Charm
- Beast Within
- Golgari Signet
- Seasons Past
- Nature's Claim
- Kodama's Reach
- Pitiless Plunderer
- Deathrite Shaman
- Elves of Deep Shadow
- Elvish Mystic
- Fertile Ground
- Read the Bones
- Diabolic Intent
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary
Intent is not a budget card, but I'm suggesting it because it has a very powerful effect when you sac a Sap.
I offer more help. If you like some of these suggestions I can help you to make cuts.
Good luck with your deck.
10 months ago
Pitiless Plunderer is very versatile and great for adding mana when I sacrifice my eldrazi spawns and scions.
How about Necrogenesis then for a little graveyard hate?
10 months ago
11 months ago
However if that is not enough- which I'll assume it's not- Artifact Mutation is freaking delicious. Bitterblossom is a staple. Creakwood Liege also pumps the majority of your deck. Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast is also decent removal and his ult is insane. Descent of the Dragons could be an alternate wincon. Dragonlair Spider looks like garbage but can get out of hand in a hurry. Druid's Call is honestly insane, it's a great deterrent for blockers. Elemental Mastery is the best. Feral Incarnation, because it has convoke, is not so bad either. Necrogenesis is classic. Ogre Slumlord is a baller and a great rattlesnake. Plague of Vermin is a really nice way to put some damage in on your opponents, especially if the political atmosphere is good. Rampaging Baloths is craaazy. Sprouting Thrinax has served me well. Sylvan Offering can make some friends AND some tokens. Verdant Embrace and Verdant Force are good. Wolfcaller's Howl is good I think?
Necrogenesis occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%