Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
The Wandering Emperor
As long as this entered the battlefield this turn, you may activate this planeswalker's loyalty abilities at any time you could cast an instant.
+1: Put a +1/+1 counter on up to one target creature. It gains first strike until end of turn.
-1: Create a 2/2 white Samurai creature token with vigilance.
-2: Exile target tapped creature. You gain 2 life.
3 months ago
1) You totally need some type of draw engine. Most of the time you'll want to go land pass and have instant speed interaction. It hurts from the aggro side if you don't need to cast any interaction and instead draw some more cards. Memory Deluge is kind of the best one at the moment at instant speed because you can cast it twice. 4 may be too many, I'd try 3.
2) The Wanderer is also a great interaction piece. It's removal at instant speed and leaves behind a body. If they attack with something small enough you can flash it in and make a blocker thus holding off against aggro. The removal set also can gain life which can be important. I'd put in maybe 3 of these as well. The instant speed is the key with her.
3) 3 board wipes sound good as well. You don't have a sideboard so you can move a few things there. Some Silence and Syncopate can move there as they seem not as strong as other pieces you can play.
4) For lands I usually use this site: http://https://www.channelfireball.com/article/How-Many-Lands-Do-You-Need-in-Your-Deck-An-Updated-Analysis/cd1c1a24-d439-4a8e-b369-b936edb0b38a/ With your current deck it looks like it should be about 25.
5) I don't play much control but if you have draw spells I wouldn't run 4 copies of Teferi. You may be able to run more Shark as you can cycle them away. The thought behind 3 Teferi is you will get to late game and draw him.
6) The sorcery speed is what hurts that card. You are looking for more instant speed interaction.
From all this I would remove: 4x Silence and 4x Syncopate and put in 3x Memory Deluge, 3x The Wandering Emperor, 1x Doomskar, 1x Deserted Beach and my personal idea is swap 1x Censor, 1x Make Disappear and 1x March of Otherworldly Light for 3x Disallow. Can be cast with Lotus and can counter abilities as well. You can put the removed cards in the sideboard.
4 months ago
The usual templating for this would be something that gives you the ability to do effects at instant speed. Cards like The Wandering Emperor or Forge Anew explicitly state that you can take some game action at instant speed, while others like Necromancy or Lightning Reflexes again use the word instant as the word for changing their timing, but an oracle search for "abilit" and "instant" reveals nothing that allows you to change the timing of abilities. "abilit" and "flash" gives nothing relevant either.
pssst. Down here. Yeah you. You could just cheat. Activate the ability during combat. It's their fault if they don't know what your card with tiny text in a hard to see place does. Who reads the cards anyways...
5 months ago
_Moonie_ It's not like gendered language has been completely removed from the game. Planeswalkers still use him/her/etc. Dakkon, Shadow Slayer, pretty much every Gideon, The Wandering Emperor, Rowan, Scholar of Sparks Flip, and more all refer to the character in the rules text.
For referring to players, again, there's no harm in the "his or her" -> "their" switch. Aside from the benefits of inclusion, it saves space on the card and is quicker to parse. No cards have ever been banned because of gendered language, and I don't think that was ever a suggestion. They've had their official rules text updated from using three short words to one short word.
11 months ago
Hey Knighty knight,
I've play tested your deck a few times and I think it's solid. My only feedback is that you have too many lands for what you need. You're often getting flooded when you need interactive cards. I would recommend dropping 2-4 lands and adding 2 copies of Wedding Announcement Flip (helps you go wide and buffs your creatures), and 2 Skystrike Officer. I also think Harbin, Vanguard Aviator would be a better fit than guardian of new benalia
The Wandering Emperor is worth considering too.
11 months ago
I agree. It's very hard to actually interact with Teferi in any meaningful way, except in mirror matches. And with The Wandering Emperor to back him up, it's become a serious issue.
1 year ago
Combat Research and Security Bypass are both soo strong. they're both things ive used in my esper build. Have you considered Shore Up as an additional option? Aside from the obvious combat trick potential, it works just as well to save your creature from alot of the meta removal being ran.. theres been numerous instances in which the +1/+1 hexproof Untap both saved my thing from exile by a The Wandering Emperor it also can get your thing over the first strike barrier depending on the circumstance. This said though in my build i run only 1-2 Raffine, Scheming Seer, instead running 2-3 Zur, Eternal Schemer and 2-3Vesuvan Duplimancy..
1 year ago
Hey! I'm trying to look into interesting 1CMC counterspells you could replace Remand with. Mana Tithe, Spell Pierce, Miscast, Swan Song or An Offer You Can't Refuse could be interesting, tho they all have different drawbacks. If you want to stick to 2CMC, I'd say Dovin's Veto and Counterspell are always good options. The former is noncreatures only, but it is uncounterable, and the latter of course costs so it's harder to cast on multicolor.
As for other cards, perhaps Lair of the Hydra could interest you. It's very similar to Celestial Colonnade, except you can make it bigger if you've got the means to do so. Sadly it's only, but it can enter untapped if played early. Upsides and downsides.
Apart from that, I don't see anything I'd personally change in your deck, it seems really solid!
If you want to add insult to injury you could always play Teferi, Time Raveler. If you're looking for creatures that are harder to get rid of, you could always get Gideon Blackblade. You could also run The Wandering Emperor for flavor points.
Hope this helped! It's awesome to see an older deck still being worked on 6 years later :D
1 year ago
So with Jetmir, you want to go wide, you want to run as many fast creatures and cards that make more creatures as you possibly can.
3-4x Mage's Attendant
2-3x Exhibition Magician
Fleetfoot Dancer seems good
I wish Jetmir had more support in standard, in modern and EDH he has access to a lot more fun cards. I do not know if there are any make X token cards in standard, I wish you could run Grand Crescendo. My Jetmir EDH can swing for around 100 damage by T5-6. Basically look for anything that can help you go wide while trying to keep the mana curve low.