|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Urza's Legacy (ULG)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
All creatures have vigilance.
At the end of each player's turn, tap all untapped creatures that player controls that didn't attack this turn. Angel's Trumpet deals damage to the player equal to the number of creatures tapped this way.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (3)||richardmv , Supremespeed , Va1mar|
|Want (11)||wegotdahooch , pphhaazzee , Lythia , guntermench , toocoolrad , mcstew , Etello , Genres , correcthorsebatterystaple , Therrion , ImmortalCancer|
Angel's Trumpet Discussion
1 day ago
You think Angel's Trumpet might be overkill? I mean, it makes them have no blockers, not even Vigilence creatures. I mean it's great if you are going to a serious commander tounament and you just wanna stomp people, but for fun it might be overkill right? that is the reason I took out Nevinyrral's Disk it's not really fun to play against.
1 week ago
Pervavita - I do play against a guy who likes to use infect in a few decks so I may sideboard Righteous Aura once I get a copy. I've debated on Fumigate. One more mana but it could make for a ton of life with my group. I'll swap it out for a while and see how it does. I do run against a lot of regenerate so that is my only hesitation. Oath of Lieges looks pretty good. I don't really have too many issues with ramp despite being mono white. I actually have one so I might try it at some point. Thank you very much for the suggestions!
thrane - Howdy! That's a lot of good ideas. I really like Shefet Dunes and Isolated Watchtower. I'll be getting those soon. I have all of the others in a side sideboard lol. I want to try Oketra the True one of these days as commander. The other recommendations I'll probably try with her. There are so many neat cards that work with Darien. It's hard to make a solid set in stone list. But a lot of the fun has been pulling cards and trying different stuff out. No cards have really disappointed me yet. Anyway thank you very much for the ideas and input. It's greatly appreciated!
2 weeks ago
I run Angel's Trumpet in my Darien deck, not only does it incentive people to attack you (creating tokens when you have Darien), it lets you ping yourself for free damage by holding your soldiers back (and you don't really mind about them being tapped since you'll just take more damage anyways).
1 month ago
I really dig it!! I do want to let you know that I had Angel's Trumpet in my deck once. The reason I took it out is because someone played grand arbiter with it out and my dudes ended up killing me lol.
The only thing I would reconsider is Heliod, God of the Sun 4 mana for 1 dude seems steep. I would replace him with Jazal Goldmane, Mirror Entity, Coat of Arms or possibly Staff of Nin for more card draw. Other then that the deck looks sweet. It serves a purpose and looks like a fined oiled machine.
Me personally I wouuld add more removal and/or Blasting Station and take out Planar Bridge, Helm of Obedience, Ring of Three Wishes, and Cryptic Gateway. But if you like those kind of cards then by all means.I just think they eat too much mana and by the late game somebody will use a removal spell on something like that before things get out of hand.
3 months ago
Nice i really like this deck, take a look at
i will be monitoring this deck!
3 months ago
I’ll be honest, I was just messing around trying to find a new jund commander. It’s either this or lands, but I’ll try to keep updating the decklist at least.
gwumbelbehr it’s an unfinished deck based on a quick look through gatherer. Memorial and muse both need a spot and I love Angel's Trumpet, never seen it before and now I need it for this deck. I may throw an Arena in but I’m not as interested in fight cards. Paradox Engine is nice but it’s also gonna paint a huge target on an uncompetative deck. Any ideas what to cut for muse, memorial and trumpet?
Gleeock garruk is already in there but I think another planeswalker could help. Any ideas which? I’m trying to have ones that make Deathtouch creatures or maybe give creatures Deathtouch
As a general question, should I add some mass doublestrike effects? First strike and Deathtouch is deadly
3 months ago
I'm confused by the deathtouch theme, maybe i'm missing something but if everyone is always attacking on each of their combats then all creatures are basically always tapped so you are swinging into empty boards and then you are tapped out while they swing into you.
So i think you need a bunch of untap effects in your deck so if they do attack into you you the deathtouch matters. That way they are encouraged to attack each other instead. things that could untap you:
Also throwing death touch could be pretty sweet,
4 months ago
@ForTheOldFrame: Thanks for your upvote and your detailed comment and sorry for posting so late. I was busy the last days and didn't find the time to reply.
I will try to answer to all your suggestion but I myself aren't an expert in EDH too. So maybe I am wrong with some choices and many cards depend on teh playgroup you are playing:
- Mentor of the Meek: Is already on my maybe list and goes in the deck as soon as I can get it.
- Concerted Effort: Is already on my maybe list and goes in the deck as soon as I can get it. But I will probably not build the deck around it. So Lost Auramancers, Plea for Guidance and Windbrisk Heights are out. Especially Windbrisk Heights as my rebels normally only attack once with three creatures or more.
- Land drops are an issue so Journeyer's Kite and Thawing Glaciers are great choice and I will try them out.
- Temple of the False God: I tend to have it on my starting hand nearly every time I play it in a deck. So I am not a big fan of this card. But with Journeyer's Kite and Thawing Glaciers it is maybe worth a try.
- Sword of the Animist: Mostly I need my rebels to control the table and don't have a chance to attack the first rounds.
- Rebels mitigate the lack of good carddraw in white by tutoring for your creatures. Normally I tend to keep 4-6 cards in my hand and use my mana to tutor for rebels or recast Lin Sivvi, Defiant Hero so I don't need Jayemdae Tome, Armistice or Slate of Ancestry. Especially the later I think is not a good option with rebels. If you have enough rebels on the field you normally search for Mirror Entity and attack with your army.
- Light of Day synergices very well with Scuttlemutt and Distorting Lens so I will try it out.
- Cataclysm: Great suggestion and I will try to get one ;-)
- Fated Retribution is not the only instant wrath in white. There is also Rout. And I think if I add Cataclysm I am fine with wrath effects.
- Catastrophe and Armageddon are good option, but as I mostly play casual I leave them out.
- Cessation is better than Pacifism but at the moment Pacifism is only a placeholder and will get out of the deck. Presumable for an other suggestion form you.
- My playgroup mostly plays with older cards and so we decided to ban all planeswalkers. So Elspeth Tirel and Gideon of the Trials are out for me.
- Angel's Trumpet is a good card but not in my build, I think it is possibly in rebels but you have to build the deck differently.
- The runes cycle: Great suggestion. As rebels have already good answers against red and black I will try to find room for the three other runes.
- Icatian Store: I don't like the old storage land and I think that Fountain of Cho is strictly better. But normally I need my mana every turn and not a lot of mana in one turn. The only exception is Mirror Entity so I think I don't need it. But maybe I will try it out some day.
- Kongming, "Sleeping Dragon": For mone white Benalish Marshal is better and I will get one for this deck.
- Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite is great but to expensive (money) for me.
- Pariah and Pariah's Shield: I think you are right and the runes are better suited for the deck.
So thanks again for your comment and now I have the problem to find cards to take out for your suggestions ;-)