|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Urza's Legacy (ULG)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
All creatures have vigilance.
At the end of each player's turn, tap all untapped creatures that player controls that didn't attack this turn. Angel's Trumpet deals damage to the player equal to the number of creatures tapped this way.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (4)||richardmv , Supremespeed , slemulv , Va1mar|
|Want (10)||wegotdahooch , pphhaazzee , Lythia , guntermench , toocoolrad , mcstew , Etello , MstrbtnManatee , correcthorsebatterystaple , ImmortalCancer|
Angel's Trumpet Discussion
1 month ago
Nice i really like this deck, take a look at
i will be monitoring this deck!
1 month ago
I’ll be honest, I was just messing around trying to find a new jund commander. It’s either this or lands, but I’ll try to keep updating the decklist at least.
gwumbelbehr it’s an unfinished deck based on a quick look through gatherer. Memorial and muse both need a spot and I love Angel's Trumpet, never seen it before and now I need it for this deck. I may throw an Arena in but I’m not as interested in fight cards. Paradox Engine is nice but it’s also gonna paint a huge target on an uncompetative deck. Any ideas what to cut for muse, memorial and trumpet?
Gleeock garruk is already in there but I think another planeswalker could help. Any ideas which? I’m trying to have ones that make Deathtouch creatures or maybe give creatures Deathtouch
As a general question, should I add some mass doublestrike effects? First strike and Deathtouch is deadly
1 month ago
I'm confused by the deathtouch theme, maybe i'm missing something but if everyone is always attacking on each of their combats then all creatures are basically always tapped so you are swinging into empty boards and then you are tapped out while they swing into you.
So i think you need a bunch of untap effects in your deck so if they do attack into you you the deathtouch matters. That way they are encouraged to attack each other instead. things that could untap you:
Also throwing death touch could be pretty sweet,
2 months ago
@ForTheOldFrame: Thanks for your upvote and your detailed comment and sorry for posting so late. I was busy the last days and didn't find the time to reply.
I will try to answer to all your suggestion but I myself aren't an expert in EDH too. So maybe I am wrong with some choices and many cards depend on teh playgroup you are playing:
- Mentor of the Meek: Is already on my maybe list and goes in the deck as soon as I can get it.
- Concerted Effort: Is already on my maybe list and goes in the deck as soon as I can get it. But I will probably not build the deck around it. So Lost Auramancers, Plea for Guidance and Windbrisk Heights are out. Especially Windbrisk Heights as my rebels normally only attack once with three creatures or more.
- Land drops are an issue so Journeyer's Kite and Thawing Glaciers are great choice and I will try them out.
- Temple of the False God: I tend to have it on my starting hand nearly every time I play it in a deck. So I am not a big fan of this card. But with Journeyer's Kite and Thawing Glaciers it is maybe worth a try.
- Sword of the Animist: Mostly I need my rebels to control the table and don't have a chance to attack the first rounds.
- Rebels mitigate the lack of good carddraw in white by tutoring for your creatures. Normally I tend to keep 4-6 cards in my hand and use my mana to tutor for rebels or recast Lin Sivvi, Defiant Hero so I don't need Jayemdae Tome, Armistice or Slate of Ancestry. Especially the later I think is not a good option with rebels. If you have enough rebels on the field you normally search for Mirror Entity and attack with your army.
- Light of Day synergices very well with Scuttlemutt and Distorting Lens so I will try it out.
- Cataclysm: Great suggestion and I will try to get one ;-)
- Fated Retribution is not the only instant wrath in white. There is also Rout. And I think if I add Cataclysm I am fine with wrath effects.
- Catastrophe and Armageddon are good option, but as I mostly play casual I leave them out.
- Cessation is better than Pacifism but at the moment Pacifism is only a placeholder and will get out of the deck. Presumable for an other suggestion form you.
- My playgroup mostly plays with older cards and so we decided to ban all planeswalkers. So Elspeth Tirel and Gideon of the Trials are out for me.
- Angel's Trumpet is a good card but not in my build, I think it is possibly in rebels but you have to build the deck differently.
- The runes cycle: Great suggestion. As rebels have already good answers against red and black I will try to find room for the three other runes.
- Icatian Store: I don't like the old storage land and I think that Fountain of Cho is strictly better. But normally I need my mana every turn and not a lot of mana in one turn. The only exception is Mirror Entity so I think I don't need it. But maybe I will try it out some day.
- Kongming, "Sleeping Dragon": For mone white Benalish Marshal is better and I will get one for this deck.
- Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite is great but to expensive (money) for me.
- Pariah and Pariah's Shield: I think you are right and the runes are better suited for the deck.
So thanks again for your comment and now I have the problem to find cards to take out for your suggestions ;-)
2 months ago
Continuing from before...
- I like your choice of Wraths. If you're reconsidering, think about Cataclysm -- one of the strongest of them all, and from Exodus! -- or the game's only instant-speed Wrath, Fated Retribution. Also consider Catastrophe or Armageddon to knock out enemy lands, once you've got a good board state or you think there's a Genesis Wave coming. (12 lands is the magic number.) Land destruction is dishonorable, but Zacama's more dishonorable than that; I'm trying to teach myself that if the card isn't banned, it's not dishonorable enough to not use.
- Cessation is a lot harder to kill than Pacifism.
- If you're willing to use planeswalkers, Elspeth Tirel is a reusable Wrath/Disk; the other two Elspeths give you chump-attackers for Sword of the Animist. Gideon of the Trials gives you a Gideon Worship effect, and there are other playable Gideons. OTOH, planeswalkers aren't exactly Rebel-era cards -- I can understand not wanting to use them, and I think you can win without them.
- Angel's Trumpet is a crazy, game-warping card which... probably doesn't have a place here after all, since it creates a risk of the enemy killing your utility creatures. But it's worth knowing about, I think.
- Rune of Protection: Red and Rune of Protection: Green. Since you're mono-white, the W requirement isn't a drawback, and you can cycle them in the wildly unlikely event that you don't face any Gruul, Elementals, dinosaurs, or treefolk.
- Icatian Store is a mono-white storage land. I have no idea if storage lands are worth bothering with or not, but I'm kind of liking them so far.
- Zhuge Liang (Kongming, "Sleeping Dragon") is always useful in White Weenie. Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite is probably a stronger option, but I don't like Phyrexians on a Vorthos level; it's much more fun to run historical figures. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhuge_Liang)
- Pariah and Pariah's Shield have fun interactions with Cho-Manno, but probably aren't necessary if you're using a relevant Circle/Rune of Protection.
Regardless, great work so far! I found that a lot of the cards I was going to recommend were already in the deck; and I'm hanging on to this deck for future reference. If I ever build something similar, this will be the starting point!
3 months ago
Nice deck list. I've been looking at making a Kaervek punish deck since I've turned my old Rakdos suicide deck into a tribal demon deck. Some of my favorite cards form that deck were Manabarbs, Citadel of Pain, Havoc Festival, Sulfuric Vortex, Spellshock, Planar Chaos, Storm Cauldron, Zo-Zu the Punisher, Ankh of Mishra, Angel's Trumpet, Mass Hysteria, Grand Melee, Avatar of Slaughter, Avarice Amulet, Spiteful Visions, Seizan, Perverter of Truth, Temple Bell, Mikokoro, Center of the Sea, Geier Reach Sanitarium. I love Toxic Deluge in my suicide deck as a board wipe. If you're looking for more pay life to kill creatures there's also Phyrexian Purge, Fire Covenant, Slaughter, Hellfire, and Ashes to Ashes as well as Repay in Kind which helps brings opponent down to your level after hurting yourself. Possibility Storm could be a nice inclusion as well if it works the way I think it does with Kaervek. Opponent casts a spell and both Kaervek and Possibility Storm trigger, the spell gets exiled and if your opponent plays the other card with Possibility Storm then Kaervek will trigger again.
6 months ago
the mana curve does not look very healthy. You have a lot of overcosted things that don't actually do much and at the same time you don't have some pieces that I would say are almost mandatory in a darien build.
I know that you want to abuse Darien's ability, but stuff like Armageddon Clock Mindstorm Crown Jinxed Idol Torture Chamber Angel's Trumpet Jade Monolith (Doom Cannon in the maybeboard) are absolutely garbage cards that do nothing when Darien is not on the field and that do very little work when he is in play. For example, you pay 6 for armageddon clock, than you have to wait 3 turns to have 6 soldiers, assuming that darien survives that long, and they are just 1/1s, maybe 2/2s or 3/3s at best.
Now, why don't you just Conqueror's Pledge for 5 mana and you have the 6 soldiers right away? Without even needing Darien out. I think that your deck should be able to generate a good amount of tokens without him and a CRAZY amount with him.You want only self-pain cards that provide other benefits, like Mana Vault or Mana Crypt if budget is not a problem, pain-lands are ok but you lack Ancient Tomb and City of Brass.
Then, I see that you go hard on the indestructible thing for protection, but
1) indestructible does not save you from the best (and common) removal spells in the format Swords to Plowshares Path to Exile Merciless Eviction Hallowed Burial Chaos Warp Toxic Deluge Cyclonic Rift nor from sacrifice effect,
2) many of your indestructible sources seem weak or slow
I think that you should use protection like Lightning Greaves and Mother of Runes for spot removal and Rootborn Defenses for mass removal if you really want to, but the best defense against removal is to have a deck that can actually recover using cards from your hand.
Then I see that you have a strong lifegain sub theme. Now, some things are efficient and mono white classics, like Soul Warden and Soul's Attendant, but you don't really want to have Healer of the Pride occupying a precious 4cmc slot orNoble Purpose in a 5cmc slot. Also, Anointer Priest is garbage because costs twice a soul sister but triggers only on your stuff and only on tokens, too situational.
Devout Invocation and Nomads' Assembly are bad too, both cost a lot of mana and require you to be already winning but don't do anything if you are behind, I'd cut them for Decree of Justice Secure the Wastes Increasing Devotion
Finally, classic anthems are bad. Very bad. Hall of Triumph Intangible Virtue Glorious Anthem Honor of the Pure Phantom General these things are just trash. You need like AT LEAST 4 of these effects to have an army that can destroy the opponents and win the game. If you draw just a couple of them its just not enough and they are dead cards, if you draw too many there is a good chance that you didn't draw enough token generators and you have no soldiers.
I think that the good approach is to go directly from 1/1s to 20/20s. You do this by using exponential pumping, like Coat of Arms Mirror Entity Jazal Goldmane and things like that. The benefits are that when you are ready you win out of nowhere and nobody sees you as a threat until then and also you don't use tons of card slots for minimal pumping. But, more importantly, dropping the +1/+1 effects opens you the option of using Skullclamp. The card is just bonkers and, ifyou can fuel it, you just win the game, assuming none destroys it on the spot. You also run Steelshaper's Gift, Enlightened Tutor and Open the Armory to find Skullclamp so that you virtually have 4 copies in the deck.
Ah, cut Caged Sun for Extraplanar Lens, its the only mana doubler worth considering in my experience, the other ones just die the turn you tap out to play them. And find room for Martial Coup that is both sweeper and token generator.
It may seem that I'm overly criticizing here, of course you can ignore some (if not all) of my advices if you are not convinced but I love Darien, I have played many of the bad things you are playing and eventually cut them out, just wish that someone told me these things so that I wouldn't have wasted time on bad cards. The cards may seem fun in theory but when you play and the deck doesn't work at all I guarantee that you feel only frustration and no fun.