Choose a card name. Search target opponent's graveyard, hand, library for up to four cards with that name and exile them. That player shuffles their library, then draws a card for each card exiled from their hand this way.
Printings View all
|Guilds of Ravnica (GRN)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Unmoored Ego occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.02%
All decks: 0.06%
Unmoored Ego Discussion
1 week ago
1 month ago
I get what you're saying about Splinter Twin being a risk as its easy to get 2-for-1 if you're the Twin player. I tried to replicate that here where you could destroy the equipment with the copy ability on the stack which would cause the combo player to lose the creature later due to the ability. This 2-for-1 only works for artifact removal however.
Do keep in mind Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker does exist in the format as there's no way to 2-for-1 that set-up and both my custom card and the Kiki-Jiki setup can only be pulled off no earlier than turn 5 which is pretty slow/late in the Modern format. While my custom card doesn't die to creature spot-removal like Kiki-Jiki, it does get removed easily to a wide myriad of format staples such as Inquisition of Kozilek, Natural State, Abrupt Decay, Smash to Smithereens, Abrade, Stony Silence, Kolaghan's Command, Rakdos Charm, Collector Ouphe and Karn, the Great Creator. There's also been more cards printed since Splinter Twin's banning that could be effective at countering the strategy that weren't present before such as Dovin's Veto, Authority of the Consuls, Thalia, Heretic Cathar, Fry, Unmoored Ego, Trespasser's Curse, Harsh Mentor, Wilt, Force of Negation, Tyrant's Scorn, Spell Queller, Aether Gust, Sorcerous Spyglass, Cindervines and Assassin's Trophy. Given the card pool and turn 5 being the earliest the combo can go off, is the late-game flexibility too strong?
Also this card is designed for Modern competitive and casual EDH value, but more emphasis on Modern.
2 months ago
Yeah, Unmoored Ego turn one takes care of Karn.
If you've never played Ego t1, what are you doing? Best meme deck ever.
3 months ago
Looks fun, but how often can you pull off the combo? Also, maybe add a fair back-up plan in case of all the hate cards against dimir inverter, that would also be god at getting your combo pieces stripper from your deck, i.e Unmoored Ego. Also more tutors would help out, but are there any? Overall looks like a good deck.
4 months ago
Pretty solid, though I'd personally look at getting the full set of Sprites and an extra Blood Operative, dropping the Whisper Agents. I'd also say you could happily drop two or even three lands considering how low to the ground you are. Other cards to looks into would be Doom Whisperer, Sinister Sabotage, Unmoored Ego, Ashiok's Erasure, Ashiok, Dream Render, Creeping Chill and Narcomoeba.
I know this is for Arena, but here's some ideas for an exile-based Dimi control deck for Pioneer that Thief of Sanity would fit into:
OR if you want to see what this archetype (originally Dredge) looks like in Modern:
Though I'll admit that this second line my own thing and I've strayed a bit from the norm..
5 months ago
Daveslab2022 Bonecrusher Giant is a great card. Thanks. I have forgotten about it. I play Fruit of Tizerus cause I can flashback it with Jace or escape it if Unmoored Ego named Kroxa. A body is always nice. I will try it out when I get my hands on the cards.
6 months ago
Make sure to use a good amount of Prison Realm and the reprint of Banishing Light to really get value out of some of these exile cards, but the real kicker is Kaya, Orzhov Usurper . Not a huge fan of Unmoored Ego mainboard even for these decks, but I recommend a few sideboard easily. Legion's End is premium removal for this list, and Ashiok's Erasure is particularly strong as well.
7 months ago
- Ok so for starters your SB (sideboard) is for games after the 1st game, you want cards that help you solve problems in the match up you are against. For example Crypt Incursion is good against decks that want creatures in their graveyard.
- Shelldock Isle is an amazing card
- Fatal Push push is great when you have cards like Arid Mesa . Its one mana kill a dude. In more causel games it doesn't solve with big dudes. Murder is a card I use a lot in casual play just due to the fact it kills anything. Doom Blade is also good, as well as Hero's Downfall . - Visions of Beyond is a 4 of in every competitive mill deck. However, those decks are a lot faster. 1 mana draw a card is like a worse version of blue. If you have issues getting that card's up side cut it for opt.
- Ashiok, Dream Render helps you mill faster so i might consider putting 2 in the main deck.
- Unmoored Ego its a nice card, My only probelm with it is you want them to just deck themselves. Thats 3 mana 4 cards at best. Its not very effective. Mind Funeral mills more, plus its 4 less lands so they wont be able to get land drops as easily which makes casting spells harder.
- Wall of Lost Thoughts helps keep you alive which is always nice.
- Manic Scribe is a great card as well.
- Being its casuel this card is soooooo tilting Consuming Aberration Its so much fun I might even consider running 3. You are a 22-24 land deck which means you should be able to cast it often enough, and when you do it can be game winning.
- Sphinx's Tutelage can also help your deck.
- Traumatize is funny as well. There is a fish that does the same thing i cant rememebr its name.
- Increasing Confusion Reoccurring Nightmare are also fun.
- Another way to approach this deck is cards like Trepanation Blade + Tormented Soul and Paranoid Delusions and Whispering Madness . It can be a fun deck to play with.