Choose a card name. Search target opponent's graveyard, hand, library for up to four cards with that name and exile them. That player shuffles their library, then draws a card for each card exiled from their hand this way.
Printings View all
|Guilds of Ravnica (GRN)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Unmoored Ego occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.02%
All decks: 0.06%
Unmoored Ego Discussion
2 weeks ago
Make sure to use a good amount of Prison Realm and the reprint of Banishing Light to really get value out of some of these exile cards, but the real kicker is Kaya, Orzhov Usurper . Not a huge fan of Unmoored Ego mainboard even for these decks, but I recommend a few sideboard easily. Legion's End is premium removal for this list, and Ashiok's Erasure is particularly strong as well.
1 month ago
- Ok so for starters your SB (sideboard) is for games after the 1st game, you want cards that help you solve problems in the match up you are against. For example Crypt Incursion is good against decks that want creatures in their graveyard.
- Shelldock Isle is an amazing card
- Fatal Push push is great when you have cards like Arid Mesa . Its one mana kill a dude. In more causel games it doesn't solve with big dudes. Murder is a card I use a lot in casual play just due to the fact it kills anything. Doom Blade is also good, as well as Hero's Downfall . - Visions of Beyond is a 4 of in every competitive mill deck. However, those decks are a lot faster. 1 mana draw a card is like a worse version of blue. If you have issues getting that card's up side cut it for opt.
- Ashiok, Dream Render helps you mill faster so i might consider putting 2 in the main deck.
- Unmoored Ego its a nice card, My only probelm with it is you want them to just deck themselves. Thats 3 mana 4 cards at best. Its not very effective. Mind Funeral mills more, plus its 4 less lands so they wont be able to get land drops as easily which makes casting spells harder.
- Wall of Lost Thoughts helps keep you alive which is always nice.
- Manic Scribe is a great card as well.
- Being its casuel this card is soooooo tilting Consuming Aberration Its so much fun I might even consider running 3. You are a 22-24 land deck which means you should be able to cast it often enough, and when you do it can be game winning.
- Sphinx's Tutelage can also help your deck.
- Traumatize is funny as well. There is a fish that does the same thing i cant rememebr its name.
- Increasing Confusion Reoccurring Nightmare are also fun.
- Another way to approach this deck is cards like Trepanation Blade + Tormented Soul and Paranoid Delusions and Whispering Madness . It can be a fun deck to play with.
1 month ago
Hey Eledain, Thanks for the question. I'll Try to answer them as best as I can.
Fastest kill: So far the fastest the deck can go off assuming the "Nut draw" is turn 3. You would need to have drawn a amber with any other 0 drop artifact as well as Emry. You'd also need a red source, a blue source, and a Ascendancy within those turns. you'd also want to hit another amber on emry's etb. This would let you go off the turn you drop ascendancy using infinite mana with the amber trick. At that point there are quite a few win cons.
Average kill: Id say the deck does a decent job of comboing between turns 4-6. I will be honest the list above is very slightly different from the version i have play tested so far so results may vary until i get more game with this specific version.
Late Game Kill: The late game suffered in the version I was running which is why I increased the count of Traxos, so I have a late game beater that emery can recur. Traxos is also a good alt win con for if ascendancy gets hit by something like an Unmoored Ego
Win Rate: In every local iv'e played so far my record has been roughly 3-1, or 4-1. Most losses have been due to mana issues as the version I'm playing is not perfect due to not having everything listed here.
Good match-ups: The deck preforms exceedingly well against grave based decks such as thing in the ice + phoenix or CatCauldron as it main decks alto of grave hate and can also bounce thing in the ice with an offensive retraction, or simply allow the bounce and recast everything after dropping a Jhoira and just out valuing.
Bad match-ups: The deck has had a very difficult time with the black green decks floating around with absurd amounts of removal. one of the biggest weaknesses with that Emery needs a turn to loose summoning sickness. I have debated using cards like Springleaf Drum to get around some of these issues with things like traxos and netting mana, but until green black becomes more prevalent in the meta I will hold off on those updates.
Hope this answered your question, let me know if you had any more or if my explanations we bad and ill try to clarify.
2 months ago
Poseidon31 I like Ashiok for this. That makes things easy and would allow me to free up a lot of slots in this deck. It would make Unmoored Ego worthless and I do like the idea of getting the other copies of the card they chose, but that’s probably an easy trade off so I don’t have so many moving parts and things that have to go right.
2 months ago
2 months ago
Actually, the more i look at the deck the more impressed i am. Looks like its multiple win cons with multiple ways to hit them. Everything in the deck works towards the tron win but he has a back up of karn lock with some additional win cons in sideboard. There are basically 12 copies of each tron land. i don't know the meta of modern well but if someone Unmoored Ego his wurmcoil or ulamog he can still win by grabbing Karn. He can even cheat out Ulamog using Ugin if something goes horribly wrong. Then there's the Sanctum of Ugin allowing him to fetch any of his win con creatures. My only thought is finding a place to main board Liquidmetal coating to steal lands using Memnarch but im not sure that will play out well. i also don't like it in the sideboard it doesn't fit to me. What is the reasoning?