Creature — Human Pirate
Whenever Warsail Marauder attacks, target creature defending player controls loses all abilities and has base power and toughness 0/1 until end of turn.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Warkite Marauder occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Warkite Marauder Discussion
4 days ago
Hey, well done on a budget. Nice Sol Ring and Mutavault promos :)
More flying/unblockable Pirates can help to easier trigger Malcolm and Breaches.
- Departed Deckhand --> Volcanic Dragon
- Spectral Sailor --> Swaggering Corsair
- Siren Stormtamer --> Goblin Trailblazer
- Warkite Marauder --> Captain Vargus Wrath
- Storm Fleet Sprinter --> Littjara Kinseekers
- Zara, Renegade Recruiter --> Maelstrom Colossus
- Archetype of Imagination --> Confiscate
Imagination also makes it so your opponents creatures most likely can't block your creatures because they can't have flying. The only creatures who can block are ones with reach or there's an effect to be able to block creatures with flying.
Sources of repeatable draw when a creature you control does damage or combat damage to a player are good with more flying Pirates.
- Bident of Thassa --> Sisay's Ring
- Reconnaissance Mission --> Dreamstone Hedron
- Tandem Lookout --> Divination
Some Pirates can repeatedly help to clear the way of blockers to do more damage with Breaches and other Pirates.
Any creature you gain control of with Recruiter becomes a Pirate until end of turn. If that creature does damage to an opponent then it will trigger Breaches and Malcolm.
Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
Hey, having more low CMC Pirates who have the better evasion (flying or unblockable) can help to do combat damage to opponents to trigger Malcolm and Breeches.
- Spectral Sailor: mana sink for treasures to draw cards.
- Departed Deckhand: mana sink for treasures to make Pirates unblockable.
- Siren Stormtamer
- Warkite Marauder
Lightning-Rig Crew has great interaction with Malcolm to create treasures and Breeches to exile your opponents cards. Since Rig does damage to each opponent you create a number of treasures equal to the number of opponents you have or exile a card from each opponents library.
Sol Ring is a staple mana rock in Commander that can go in every deck you make. Having more repeatable draw is helpful in Commander and when one of your Commanders has flying then cards that let you draw when you do combat damage to an opponent are consistent options:
- Tandem Lookout: soulbond can change who it's paired with. Pair to Lightning-Rig Crew to draw a lot of cards since damage that is done by the paired creature doesn't have to be combat damage.
- Reconnaissance Mission
- Mask of Memory
Some budget lands to consider adding:
- Path of Ancestry
- Rogue's Passage
- Unclaimed Territory
- Ash Barrens
- Izzet Boilerworks
- Temple of Epiphany
- Opal Palace
Total at TCG Player: $9.86, see list
If this upgrade interests you then I offer more advice of what cards to consider cutting.
Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
Hey, good start on a budget. Malcolm is spelled wrong that's why it's showing in the category Unknown.
More low CMC flying/unblockable Pirates can help to do combat damage to an opponent to trigger Brass:
Merchant Raiders and Coercive Recruiter have good repeatable effects with Pirates. These effects can help to clear the way of blockers for Pirates to do combat damage to opponents. The creatures you gain control of with Recruiter get the bonus of becoming a Pirate until end of the turn which helps to trigger Brass. Both these Pirates are excellent with Fathom Fleet Captain who can be a repeatable source of Pirate tokens.
Shared Animosity can be a powerful repeatable effect for your attacking Pirates. March of the Drowned and Fiery Cannonade are helpful Pirate tribal spells. Chaos Warp, Negate, Feed the Swarm are helpful overall support spells.
Some cards to consider cutting:
- Walk the Plank
- Briber's Purse
- Soul Manipulation
- Song-Mad Treachery
- Kari Zev's Expertise
- Extract from Darkness
- Angrath, Captain of Chaos
- Pillar of Origins
- Deadeye Plunderers
- Adaptive Automaton
- Door of Destinies
Some budget land upgrades to consider:
- Exotic Orchard > Crypt of the Eternals
- Unclaimed Territory > Unknown Shores
- Crumbling Necropolis > Highland Lake
- Grixis Panorama > Jwar Isle Refuge
- Shivan Reef > Swiftwater Cliffs
- Smoldering Marsh > Akoum Refuge
- Sulfur Falls or Dragonskull Summit > Dismal Backwater
Good luck with your deck.
2 months ago
Hey, well done for your first Commander deck on such a low budget.
Because of the low budget all my card suggestions will be $1 or less each. With Brass you want more low mana cost (CMC) Pirates who have evasion that way you can more easily do combat damage to an opponent with three Pirates. The two best evasion abilities to give Pirates are flying or unblockable as these will give the most potential to do combat damage to a player.
- Departed Deckhand: consistently is unblockable since there's a few Spirits played in Commander, but not in all decks. He can be a way to use mana each turn to activate his ability (mana sink) to make another Pirate or Pirates unblockable.
- Warkite Marauder: flying Pirate who has a strong attack trigger since you can make one creature of the opponent your attacking a 0/1 meaning if that creature blocks one of your Pirates it will die. This ability makes it easier to do combat damage to an opponent because your opponent is not going to block with the 0/1 and risk losing their creature.
- Malcolm, Keen-Eyed Navigator: flying Pirate who can be a ramp engine by creating treasures. Malcolm and any other Pirates who do combat damage to an opponent creates a number of treasures equal to the number of different opponents who were dealt damage. Malcolm triggers to create a treasure whenever a Pirate does any kind of damage to a player not just combat damage.
- Fathom Fleet Captain: Pirate with menace and menace can be evasion, but only if the opponent you're attacking has few creatures to block with since the ability means that Fathom can't be blocked except by two or more creatures. He can be a repeatable source of Pirates, creating Pirate tokens.
- Coercive Recruiter: doesn't have evasion, instead it has a powerful repeatable effect to gain control of opponents creatures and the creatures you gain control of become a Pirate until end of turn. Recruiter triggers whenever any Pirate you control enters the battlefield (ETB) meaning as long as you have Pirates to cast or Pirate tokens to create they can help to clear the way for attacking Pirates to do combat damage to an opponent.
- Daring Saboteur: can make itself unblockable and she can be a repeatable draw source when she does combat damage to an opponent.
- Coastline Marauders: has trample, trample is evasion and he can do a lot of trample damage. With trample extra damage that a creature can do when blocked is done to the defending player instead. If he has 6 power and is blocked by opponent's 2/2 then 4 damage is done to the defending player.
There's some good support cards that can help Pirates to trigger Brass, protect Pirates or give you card advantage to stay ahead in the game.
- Reconnaissance Mission: can be lots of repeatable draw. Good with Pirates who have evasion because each Pirate who does combat damage to a player you draw a card.
- Archetype of Imagination: effect to want to ramp into by giving all creatures you control flying and makes it so your opponents can't block your creatures because they lose flying. Only an opponents creature with Reach can block your creatures with flying.
- In Garruk's Wake: effect to want to ramp into. Board wipe that only destroys all your opponents creatures and Planeswalkers. This is a powerful effect in multiplayer Commander and it can clear the battlefield for your Pirates to safely attack your opponents.
- Negate: staple counterspell that's easy to cast. Stops a board wipe for two mana.
Rainbow lands in Commander are very helpful when playing many colors. Most Rainbow lands are expensive price cards, but there's three staples that are each less than $1.
- Command Tower: staple land for any two or more color decks in Commander.
- Exotic Orchard
- Path of Ancestry: tribal land for repeatable scry which helps with which cards you draw.
These 14 cards suggested could be added for about $8. If interested I offer more advice in another comment, including suggestions of cards to cut. Good luck with your deck.
2 months ago
Links to the cards updated as of 10 DEC 2020
2 months ago
Hey, good budget start and nice Scroll Rack :)
Spectral Sailor, Siren Stormtamer, Changeling Outcast, Warkite Marauder, Kitesail Freebooter are all low CMC budget Pirates who have evasion (flying or unblockable). More low CMC Pirates with evasion especially flying makes doing combat damage with three Pirates to a player easier for Brass as well as making more treasures with Malcolm, Keen-Eyed Navigator. Sailor is also a mana sink to draw cards.
- Spectral Sailor > Dire Fleet Interloper
- Siren Stormtamer > Prosperous Pirates
- Changeling Outcast > Brazen Freebooter
- Warkite Maurader > Dire Fleet Neckbreaker
- Kitesail Freebooter > Goblin Trailblazer
Coercive Recruiter and Fathom Fleet Captain have powerful budget repeatable effects with Pirates. Recruiter can help to clear blockers out of way to do combat damage with three Pirates for Brass. Captain can be a repeatable source of Pirate tokens which triggers Recruiter and Merchant Raiders.
- Coercive Recruiter > Headstrong Brute
- Fathom Fleet Captain > Dire Fleet Captain
Malcolm + Lightning-Rig Crew can make a lot of treasures since Malcolm triggers whenever a Pirate does damage to an opponent and Rig does 1 damage to each opponent which creates an amount of treasures equal to the number of opponents you have. You can chain making treasures with Rig by casting Pirates.
Lightning-Rig Crew > Dire Fleet Hoarder
- Chaos Warp > Walk to the Plank
- Reality Shift > Mutiny
- Terminate > Renegade Tactics
Navigator's Compass and Prophetic Prism are not mana rocks; they could be replaced with actual mana rocks to ramp such as Izzet Signet and Dimir Signet. Crumbling Necropolis, Exotic Orchard, Rogue's Passage, Sunken Hollow, Shivan Reef, Grixis Panorama, Ash Barrens are some budget land upgrades to consider.
These 20 card suggestions could be added for about $15. Good luck with your deck.
3 months ago
Hey, nice budget version, interesting top of the mana curve card choices. I too have been having fun with Pirate partners :)
Spectral Sailor is a one drop flying Pirate to more easily trigger Malcolm and Breeches. Best of all it's a mana sink for treasures to draw cards. Warkite Marauder is another flying Pirate and it's attack trigger has good interaction with all the pinging since you can make a creature of the defending player a 0/1 and then ping it for 1 to destroy it. Viridian Longbow is an equipment that makes a creature a pinger and the equipment is not destroyed if the equipped creature is removed. Brazen Buccaneers, Captain Vargus Wrath, Arcane Teachings could be cut for these three cards.
Spark Double is nice with partner Commanders because it gives you two choices of a legendary permanent to copy. Breeches is a good choice because then you're making all opponents exile two cards from the top of their libraries. You should consider clearing some deck space for some counterspells: Counterspell and Negate at least because frequent board wipes are the death of tribal decks in Commander and Izzet lacks creature recursion. Also nice to have more counter protection when you want to combo with Malcolm + Buccaneer or with a pinger + Malcolm. Warped Landscape, Slippery Scoundrel, Izzet Locket could be cut for these cards.
Good luck with your deck.