Creature — Human Pirate
Whenever Coastline Marauders attacks, it gets +1/+0 until end of turn for each land defending player controls.
Encore (, Exile this card from your graveyard: For each opponent, create a token copy that attacks that opponent this turn if able. They gain haste. Sacrifice them at the beginning of the next end step. Activate this ability only as a sorcery.)
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Coastline Marauders Discussion
1 month ago
Cool deck! Honestly seems like a surprisingly good Voltron commander, as you can get several combat steps out of nowhere. Maybe adding in some swords or things with double strike like Shriekmaw would give it, like QUADRUPLE strike! Just cool for an, oops surprise lethal!
Surprised not to see a Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker in there somewhere! It does infinite combo with Combat Celebrant , but even if you choose to play it just for value, you can get a lot of miles out of copying Scaretiller , Solemn Simulacrum .
Reverberate Shunt and Deflecting Swat are all useful if you're finding yourself playing in a counter heavy meta! Just redirect the counter to any of these spells. Coastline Marauders is one of those cards I think is a very good underrated budget card! Glad to see it getting some use!
3 months ago
Hey, well done for your first Commander deck on such a low budget.
Because of the low budget all my card suggestions will be $1 or less each. With Brass you want more low mana cost (CMC) Pirates who have evasion that way you can more easily do combat damage to an opponent with three Pirates. The two best evasion abilities to give Pirates are flying or unblockable as these will give the most potential to do combat damage to a player.
- Departed Deckhand: consistently is unblockable since there's a few Spirits played in Commander, but not in all decks. He can be a way to use mana each turn to activate his ability (mana sink) to make another Pirate or Pirates unblockable.
- Warkite Marauder: flying Pirate who has a strong attack trigger since you can make one creature of the opponent your attacking a 0/1 meaning if that creature blocks one of your Pirates it will die. This ability makes it easier to do combat damage to an opponent because your opponent is not going to block with the 0/1 and risk losing their creature.
- Malcolm, Keen-Eyed Navigator: flying Pirate who can be a ramp engine by creating treasures. Malcolm and any other Pirates who do combat damage to an opponent creates a number of treasures equal to the number of different opponents who were dealt damage. Malcolm triggers to create a treasure whenever a Pirate does any kind of damage to a player not just combat damage.
- Fathom Fleet Captain: Pirate with menace and menace can be evasion, but only if the opponent you're attacking has few creatures to block with since the ability means that Fathom can't be blocked except by two or more creatures. He can be a repeatable source of Pirates, creating Pirate tokens.
- Coercive Recruiter: doesn't have evasion, instead it has a powerful repeatable effect to gain control of opponents creatures and the creatures you gain control of become a Pirate until end of turn. Recruiter triggers whenever any Pirate you control enters the battlefield (ETB) meaning as long as you have Pirates to cast or Pirate tokens to create they can help to clear the way for attacking Pirates to do combat damage to an opponent.
- Daring Saboteur: can make itself unblockable and she can be a repeatable draw source when she does combat damage to an opponent.
- Coastline Marauders: has trample, trample is evasion and he can do a lot of trample damage. With trample extra damage that a creature can do when blocked is done to the defending player instead. If he has 6 power and is blocked by opponent's 2/2 then 4 damage is done to the defending player.
There's some good support cards that can help Pirates to trigger Brass, protect Pirates or give you card advantage to stay ahead in the game.
- Reconnaissance Mission: can be lots of repeatable draw. Good with Pirates who have evasion because each Pirate who does combat damage to a player you draw a card.
- Archetype of Imagination: effect to want to ramp into by giving all creatures you control flying and makes it so your opponents can't block your creatures because they lose flying. Only an opponents creature with Reach can block your creatures with flying.
- In Garruk's Wake: effect to want to ramp into. Board wipe that only destroys all your opponents creatures and Planeswalkers. This is a powerful effect in multiplayer Commander and it can clear the battlefield for your Pirates to safely attack your opponents.
- Negate: staple counterspell that's easy to cast. Stops a board wipe for two mana.
Rainbow lands in Commander are very helpful when playing many colors. Most Rainbow lands are expensive price cards, but there's three staples that are each less than $1.
- Command Tower: staple land for any two or more color decks in Commander.
- Exotic Orchard
- Path of Ancestry: tribal land for repeatable scry which helps with which cards you draw.
These 14 cards suggested could be added for about $8. If interested I offer more advice in another comment, including suggestions of cards to cut. Good luck with your deck.
4 months ago
Hey, well done for your first budget deck, you have several good cards, but also some that can be upgraded on a budget.
I'll give some card suggestions only for Pirates and lands and if you would like additional help with other cards than I offer more help in another comment.
Some cards to consider adding:
- Spectral Sailor
- Siren Stormtamer
- Kitesail Freebooter
- Cloud Pirates
- Coercive Recruiter
- Merchant Raiders
- Impulsive Pilferer
- Coastline Marauders
- Exotic Orchard
- Path of Ancestry
- Shivan Reef
- Sunken Hollow
- Smoldering Marsh
- Ash Barrens
Total: About $10.
With Brass it's helpful to have more low CMC Pirates who have evasion especially flying because then you can more easily do combat damage to an opponent with three Pirates. Coercive Recruiter and Merchant Raiders have good repeatable effects with Pirates. They help to clear the way of blockers to do combat damage to an opponent. These Pirates are nice with Fathom Fleet Captain and Molten Echoes, cards that can be repeatable sources of Pirate tokens. Encore such as Impulsive Pilferer creates a number of Pirate tokens equal to the number of opponents you have which can be many triggers of Recruiter and Raiders.
Cards to consider cutting:
- Highland Lake
- Swiftwater Cliffs
- Submerged Boneyard
- Dismal Backwater
- Crypt of the Eternals
- 1x Swamp
- Gyruda, Doom of Depths
- Nemesis Mask
- Beguiler of Wills
- Dire Fleet Neckbreaker
- Dire Fleet Ravager
- Tomb Robber
Clone, Confiscate, Gyruda, Wills are four subpar cards here compared to the others to copy or gain control of something an opponent has. Of these Wills is fine, but situational since consistently you're not going to be able to gain control of the creature you want to gain control of.
If interested I offer more advice. Good luck with your deck.
5 months ago
Hey, nice budget version of Brass.
Some budget upgrades for Pirates and lands to consider:
- Spectral Sailor > Wanted Scoundrels
- Changeling Outcast > Daring Buccaneer
- Impulsive Pilferer > Dire Fleet Hoarder
- Departed Deckhand > Goblin Trailblazer
- Malcolm, Keen-Eyed Navigator > Kitesail Corsair
- Merchant Raiders > Siren Reaver
- Breeches, Brazen Plunderer > Dire Fleet Neckbreaker
- Coastline Marauders > Storm Fleet Spy
- Command Tower > Traveler's Amulet
- Exotic Orchard > Renegade Map
- Unclaimed Territory > Vivid Crag
- Path of Ancestry > Vivid Creek
- Shivan Reef > Highland Lake
- Smoldering Marsh > Cinder Barrens
- Sunken Hollow > Jwar Isle Refuge
- Izzet Boilerworks > Swiftwater Cliffs
- Dimir Aqueduct > Bloodfell Caves
Good luck with your deck.
5 months ago
Opposition Agent: Aven Mindcensor on wing-clipping steroids. Note that you can play fetched lands this way.
Three Visits: Unexpected but welcome Portal Three Kingdoms reprint.
Coastline Marauders: It seems like the land ramp hate train is coming, ****ing finally. Dunno if I'll put it in my actual Pirate deck tho as killing people you've stolen stuff from is kinda awkward, but hey it got evasion and is reasonably costed.
Emberwilde Captain: You'd think it'd count your hand instead since you've probably the one that's drawn an extra card? I guess tho that it helps offset the group hug side-effect of the monarch tho. Also, no evasion and pretty expensive so a no-go in my Brass deck.
Was Keskit, the Flesh Sculptor in a novel or something? I can't find any flavor text on him and it seems odd that they'd make a new character instead of using any number of old or new phyrexian characters, like Tsabo Tavoc.
Blim, Comedic Genius: Would it be too harsh if it exchanged control? And did the last sentence really need to be symmetrical? Anyway, I've previously done a list of gift-friendly cards for a custom card if anyone is interested; It's ~2 ½ years old so absolutely everything isn't there but it should cut down on search time: (Check the "Wall of Cards" spoiler button) http://tappedout.net/mtg-forum/custom-cards/grixiszedruu/ (YOUR TIME IS NOW Vampirism!!!)
DemonDragonJ: Demonic knowledge seems mostly good for being gifted by Blim, although that's ironically anti-synergetic with his discarding