Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Creature — Goblin Pirate
: Lightning-Rig Crew deals 1 damage to each opponent.
Whenever you cast a Pirate spell, untap Lightning-Rig Crew.
Coward_Token on Jumpstart 2022
6 months ago
My thoughts Show
- Don't like most of the Japanese art, looks like cheap screencap alters. Mind you, I like anime.
- Runadi should really be titled Hydra Caller
- Creeping Bloodsucker is a fine addition to Belbe, Corrupted Observer, even if it doesn't curve. Three life a turn isn't bad either.
- Chevill is getting support at a glacial pace
- I'd rather have another Plague Spitter reprint than Festering Evil
- Towering Gibbon looks so cute, haha. I kinda wish it looked at all your permanents though, mostly feels like a more boring green Clone
- I've definently never seen Kibo before. Anyway, are primates only getting two new cards? Because I feel gruul doesn't have very exciting support for EDH. At least Scrounging Bandar works.
- Pirated Copy: So this isn't quite Clone + Tandem Lookout. For one, it's drawing you on combat damage only, so no shenanigans with Lightning-Rig Crew. However, it also lets you copy other people's stuff, which means that their combat can benefit you. I think, but am not sure, that copying a token will make the drawing ability work with all tokens with the same type that aren't otherwise named. Because go-wide decks needed to be put down more in EDH. Not really into this with Admiral Beckett Brass TBH, too high MV. (What I really want is for Protean Raider to get the preserved tribal part of the ability.)
- Don't like white getting copies trough Preston the Vanisher, even if they're weak. Illusions in particular don't feel right for a truth-oriented philosophy, although I suppose light can blind and not just reveal. Surprised it didn't have a blue mana pip somewhere.
- Ashcoat curves nicely enough into Marrow-Gnawer, regardless which one is your commander. Attack with Ashcoat to give your Rats extra power, sacrifice one of them with Gnawer for extra tokens (and even more attack power next turn), then recur the saced rat with Ashcoat. Getting to recur not just one put two cards a turn is quite generous too.
1 year ago
Thoughts on these? Changeling Outcast, Mothdust Changeling, Cloud Pirates, Siren Stormtamer, Spectral Sailor, Lightning-Rig Crew, Malcolm, Keen-Eyed Navigator, Spark Double, Sakashima the Impostor, Sakashima of a Thousand Faces, Prosper, Tome-Bound, Shared Fate, Rod of Absorption, Admiral Beckett Brass, Berserkers' Onslaught
1 year ago
Hey, nice version so far on a budget.
If you're playing the Pirate themed instants or sorceries that create a treasure for flavor then that's cool, but if not then for some there's much better budget cards to choose from such as Counterspell, Brainstorm, Chaos Warp. Both of these Pirate Commanders can benefit from some more low CMC Pirates who have evasion so they can more easily do combat damage to an opponent: Spectral Sailor, Departed Deckhand, Storm Fleet Sprinter.
Kediss, Emberclaw Familiar is very good with these Pirate Commanders because they only have to do damage to an opponent to trigger. Even though Kediss isn't a Pirate he can replace Pirates with his ability since when just Malcolm or Breeches does combat damage to an opponent you do that same amount of damage to each opponent. This means with Kediss that you only have to attack with Malcolm and do combat damage with him to create a number of treasures equal to the number of opponents you have.
Tandem Lookout can be lots of repeatable draw, it can change the creature it's paired with for soulbond and that creature only has to do any kind of damage to an opponent to draw. With Kediss, Emberclaw Familiar, Lookout soulbond to Malcolm and Malcolm does combat damage to an opponent you get amazing/potentially repeatable value. You create a number of treasures and draw the same number of cards equal to the number of opponents you have. Soulbond Lookout to Lightning-Rig Crew or Glint-Horn Buccaneer can draw a lot of cards since the damage they do is done to each opponent.
Mask of Memory is nice repeatable draw when your Commander has flying or other evasion that makes it easier to do combat damage to a player. Shivan Reef is a budget Izzet dual land that ETB untapped. Path of Ancestry can be repeatable scry when you cast a Pirate with it. Because you have a lot of Islands then Mystic Sanctuary can be a way to recur a instant or sorcery to the top of your library to cast again. Volatile Fjord is a budget Island Izzet dual land.
If interested in any of these suggestions then I offer more advice of cuts to consider. Good luck with your deck.
StopShot on 9/13 Commander Banning/Unbanning
1 year ago
Step 1: Cast Worldfire.
Step 2: With Worldfire on the stack, activate ability of either: Blisterspit Gremlin, Brimstone Trebuchet, Lightning-Rig Crew, Lobber Crew, Nettle Drone or Thermo-Alchemist.
Step 3: With ability and Worldfire on the stack, cast either: Dualcaster Mage, Fork, Fury Storm, Increasing Vengeance, Reiterate, Reverberate or Wild Ricochet targeting Worldfire.
Off-color options: Basilica Guards, Basilica Screecher, Blind Obedience, Crypt Ghast, Kingpin's Pet, Syndic of Tithes, Thrull Parasite, Tithe Drinker, Witherbloom Apprentice, Refuse / Cooperate, Insidious Will, Narset's Reversal, Twincast, Naru Meha, Master Wizard.
(This is by no means an exhaustive list, it just happens to be the best mana-cost effective cards I could find.)
multimedia on Yarr, There be Pirates
1 year ago
Hey, well done so far with your budget version of these partner Commanders.
Glint-Horn Buccaneer is a pinger when you discard and has game winning interaction with both Malcolm and Breeches. Buccaneer by itself combos with Malcolm by activating it during combat to potentially be a win condition as long as when you combo you have at least two opponents and realistically more than 40+ cards in your library. If you add Breeches then even if you don't kill all your opponents with damage from Buccaneer you can exile a ton of each opponents library. If you have three or more opponents when you combo then it makes extra mana with treasures to cast a lot of your opponents spells that you exiled.
Freed from the Real combos by enchanting any pinger when it's a Pirate + Malcolm for infinite ping. Lightning-Rig Crew already suggested by carpecanum is already a Pirate who pings. Without Freed, Crew by itself is still very good with Malcom and Breeches because it pings each opponent with one activation.
Can take better advantage of Crew's untap when you're playing other Pirates such as Warkite Marauder who has flying evasion and good interaction with other pingers. When it attacks you can make a creature of defending opponent a 0/1, then ping it for 1 damage to kill it. Siren Stormtamer also has flying evasion and it can counter a targeted spell to protect a creature such as Glint-Horn Buccaneer or yourself by sacing itself.
Good luck with your deck.
carpecanum on Yarr, There be Pirates
1 year ago
Lightning-Rig Crew . Kediss, Emberclaw Familiar . Captain's Hook .
Double Strike would give you two triggers
If you are damaging all opponents, Sigil of Sleep is terrifying
multimedia on Malcolm Kediss $60 Budget EDH
1 year ago
Hey, well done with a low budget at upgrading a precon.
If you want to add a combo then consider Glint-Horn Buccaneer ? For less than $2 he combos with Malcolm since he's a Pirate. When you discard a card Buccaneer does 1 damage to each opponent and since he does damage to each opponent then Malcolm creates the same number of treasures as opponents you have. You need at least two opponents and 40+ cards in your library for this combo to be a consistent win condition.
You only need Buccaneer and Malcolm for this combo since to activate the combo all you do is activate Buccaneer for two mana while in combat. When you discard a card this triggers Malcolm to create treasures. Sac two treasures to make two mana to activate Buccaneer again and repeat.
Lightning-Rig Crew is also a Pirate damage source and playing him you don't need to enchant or equip a Pirate so it can activate to do damage. Crew does damage to each opponent thus each time it activates you create treasures. Crew combos with Freed from the Real + Malcolm and you already have Freed. If you enchant Crew with Curiosity or Ophidian Eye then each time you activate it you draw a number of cards equal to the number of opponents you have which can be great repeatable draw.
Drift of Phantasms is a nice budget card for it's transmute since it can search for any 3 CMC card which includes Buccaneer, Crew, Eye or Freed.
Good luck with your deck.
multimedia on Thieving Pirates
2 years ago
Hey, well done on a budget. Nice Sol Ring and Mutavault promos :)
More flying/unblockable Pirates can help to easier trigger Malcolm and Breaches.
- Departed Deckhand --> Volcanic Dragon
- Spectral Sailor --> Swaggering Corsair
- Siren Stormtamer --> Goblin Trailblazer
- Warkite Marauder --> Captain Vargus Wrath
- Storm Fleet Sprinter --> Littjara Kinseekers
- Zara, Renegade Recruiter --> Maelstrom Colossus
- Archetype of Imagination --> Confiscate
Imagination also makes it so your opponents creatures most likely can't block your creatures because they can't have flying. The only creatures who can block are ones with reach or there's an effect to be able to block creatures with flying.
Sources of repeatable draw when a creature you control does damage or combat damage to a player are good with more flying Pirates.
- Bident of Thassa --> Sisay's Ring
- Reconnaissance Mission --> Dreamstone Hedron
- Tandem Lookout --> Divination
If Lookout soulbond to Lightning-Rig Crew or Glint-Horn Buccaneer then you draw cards equal to the number of opponents you have. Lookout can change who it's soulbond too which is very helpful.
Some Pirates can repeatedly help to clear the way of blockers to do more damage with Breaches and other Pirates.
- Coercive Recruiter --> Prosperous Pirates
- Merchant Raiders --> Brazen Freebooter
Any creature you gain control of with Recruiter becomes a Pirate until end of turn. If that creature does damage to an opponent then it will trigger Breaches and Malcolm.
Good luck with your deck.
|Want (4)||Goji , gypsyjoe , Amaterasu312 , Governor_Lenin|