|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Fourth Edition (4ED)||Uncommon|
|Revised Edition (3ED)||Uncommon|
|Unlimited Edition (2ED)||Uncommon|
|Collector's Edition (CED)||Uncommon|
|International Collector's Edition (CEI)||Uncommon|
|Limited Edition Beta (LEB)||Uncommon|
|Limited Edition Alpha (LEA)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
You gain life equal to the damage dealt to you this turn. Simulacrum deals damage to target creature you control equal to the damage dealt to you this turn.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
4 months ago
TheSpiritombEnthusiast, you're a rock star. Thanks again for taking the time.
Some of the cuts you suggested are cards I figured were dead weight, but needed to hear it from someone else. Let me hit on some of the others in alphabetical order:
- Braingeyser: I included this primarily for my own card draw, but I suspect there are better cards for that purpose. My eyes started crossing, though, when I was looking through all the cards that let you draw cards on magiccards.info. Nearly 300 of them out there. I'll keep searching ;)
- Icy Manipulator: I know this card is a relic of days past, and rules updates have made it less powerful, robbing it of its glory. I guess I included it for the age-old combo of Icy Manipulator + Royal Assassin . In a 100 card deck, that's probably not enough justification for it. I do love Icy's original art though!
- Neurok Stealthsuit: This was included primarily because I'm running some critters with cool abilities, but also low toughness. My thinking was that they need protection. Again, there's probably a better choice for this, but I'm not aware of it. Will do some more research.
- Raise Dead: Yep. This was really really just a placeholder until I could get an Animate Dead. That's got the advantages of 1) reaching into any graveyard, and 2) it's a cheap enchantment that Zur could dig up.
- Simulacrum: You didn't have anything bad to say about this, but with the deck taking a stronger turn toward life gain, I think it might be out of place. Probably going to cut it.
You're right that there's a mill theme going on here, but I'm thinking I want to either keep it about like it is or even take it down a notch. Not sure just yet.
Thanks again for all the great suggestions.
4 months ago
No problem! I'm usually not too good at cuts, though...but I'll try my best! Your enchantments look fine, and you could honestly use the free slots from cuts to slot more in. As for everything else, I can see a few things to cut. I'll try and keep the list orderly, though I'm not too good at formatting.
Simulacrum seems fine if you want to keep it. Twiddle, on the other hand, is almost completely outclassed by another card, Dramatic Reversal. One card I forgot to mention earlier in my suggestions is Isochron Scepter, which is great with a lot of instants, and is part of an infinite combo with Dramatic Reversal. That's all for these.
Feldon's Cane seems like a slightly worse Elixir of Immortality, and it's an effect that only really needs a "one-of." Neurok Stealthsuit is just unnecessary. Icy Manipulator and Library of Leng seem like super neat, weird cards, but perhaps not the most effective in practice. Darksteel Ingot might be better served as a Chromatic Lantern or Fellwar Stone.
I think that about wraps things up! Your landbase is perfectly fine as is, especially with those dual lands. Though, looking over your deck again, I noticed a really heavy milling theme. As such, I'd like to recommend Phenax, God of Deception. Perhaps as a commander, perhaps as one of the 99. In addition to this, I'd also like to recommend Tree of Perdition. A great partner for Phenax. Now, finally, I think that about does it. If you need anything else, message me. I'll gladly help out.
1 year ago
Just one note, you can't run Simulacrum in this deck, it's not in Thromok's color identity
1 year ago
I recall a few alpha/beta/etc cards were just littered with nonstop text.
Long-ish List Show
Damn... must've been liking reading novels back then.
1 year ago
Though the damage you took from the source with Infect didn't reduce your life total, you were still dealt damage. Simulacrum will make you gain that much life and will deal that amount of damage to the creature you target. The damage dealt by Simulacrum will just be regular damage (i.e. not Infect damage) and none of the poison counters will be removed from you.
1 year ago
Let me start by saying sorry for the long title, but I didn't know where to post questions about cards.
Anyways I was wondering how Simulacrum worked with Infected.
Here's the Oracle Text: You gain life equal to the damage dealt to you this turn. Simulacrum deals damage to target creature you control equal to the damage dealt to you this turn.