You gain life equal to the damage dealt to you this turn. Simulacrum deals damage to target creature you control equal to the damage dealt to you this turn.
Printings View all
|Fourth Edition (4ED)||Uncommon|
|4th Edition Foreign Black Border (4EDFBB)||Uncommon|
|Revised Edition (3ED)||Uncommon|
|Revised Foreign Black Border (3EDFBB)||Uncommon|
|Unlimited Edition (2ED)||Uncommon|
|Collector's Edition (CED)||Uncommon|
|International Collector's Edition (CEI)||Uncommon|
|Limited Edition Beta (LEB)||Uncommon|
|Limited Edition Alpha (LEA)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
1 month ago
Another couple cards! Backlash, Cinder Cloud, Choking Vines, Wheel of Fortune, Sylvan Library, Dazzling Beauty, Delirium, Disempower, Erratic Mutation, Essence Vortex, Feint, Fire Covenant, Glyph of Reincarnation, Hail Storm, Harmonic Convergence, Imps' Taunt, Lammastide Weave, Lava Storm, Long-Term Plans, Mages' Contest, Mask of the Mimic, Misinformation, Natural Selection, Outmaneuver, Psychic Barrier, Sandstorm, Scout's Warning, Seedtime, Shaman's Trance, Silhouette, Simulacrum, Siren's Call, Spore Cloud, Squall Line, Suffocation, Surge of Strength, Telim'Tor's Edict, Three Wishes, Thunderheads, Tidal Wave, Trailblazer, Transmutation, Vapor Snag, Venarian Glimmer, Warpath (and probably every other red card that cares about attacking and blocking creatures, some research needs to be done); Winter's Chill, Word of Command (maybe?) Augury Adept (more like a bend and a "small" one since it's actually white too. Still, being a possible monoblue card that gains life, might still be considered for the list). Same for Balefire Liege and Selkie Hedge-Mage. Collapsing Borders, Delusions of Mediocrity, Illusions of Grandeur, Game of Chaos, Merchant Ship, Relic Bind
8 months ago
1 year ago
And maybe Black Market would help you make even more mana.
Like the deck!!
2 years ago
Crypt Ghast would give you some ramp
Hollowborn Barghest isn't a rat, but the ability is quite good with your game plan.
Rackling same with this guy, another Rack but tied to a non-rat creature
Phyrexian Reclamation can let you re-play annoying creatures once people remove them, as well as provide draw for when you're top decking
Gray Merchant of Asphodel is a super solid black finisher and can keep you in the game a lot longer
Geier Reach Sanitarium gives you a discard trigger for everyone, and draws everyone another card which you can make them discard again
Attrition lets you use those rat tokens for repeatable removal
These are the cards that are probably under performing in your deck: Bone Splinters, Coercion, Death Stroke, Duress, Kaervek's Hex, Ostracize, Waking Nightmare, Ichor Rats, Typhoid Rats, Simulacrum, Subversion, Ordeal of Erebos,
2 years ago
TheSpiritombEnthusiast, you're a rock star. Thanks again for taking the time.
Some of the cuts you suggested are cards I figured were dead weight, but needed to hear it from someone else. Let me hit on some of the others in alphabetical order:
- Braingeyser: I included this primarily for my own card draw, but I suspect there are better cards for that purpose. My eyes started crossing, though, when I was looking through all the cards that let you draw cards on magiccards.info. Nearly 300 of them out there. I'll keep searching ;)
- Icy Manipulator: I know this card is a relic of days past, and rules updates have made it less powerful, robbing it of its glory. I guess I included it for the age-old combo of Icy Manipulator + Royal Assassin . In a 100 card deck, that's probably not enough justification for it. I do love Icy's original art though!
- Neurok Stealthsuit: This was included primarily because I'm running some critters with cool abilities, but also low toughness. My thinking was that they need protection. Again, there's probably a better choice for this, but I'm not aware of it. Will do some more research.
- Raise Dead: Yep. This was really really just a placeholder until I could get an Animate Dead. That's got the advantages of 1) reaching into any graveyard, and 2) it's a cheap enchantment that Zur could dig up.
- Simulacrum: You didn't have anything bad to say about this, but with the deck taking a stronger turn toward life gain, I think it might be out of place. Probably going to cut it.
You're right that there's a mill theme going on here, but I'm thinking I want to either keep it about like it is or even take it down a notch. Not sure just yet.
Thanks again for all the great suggestions.
2 years ago
No problem! I'm usually not too good at cuts, though...but I'll try my best! Your enchantments look fine, and you could honestly use the free slots from cuts to slot more in. As for everything else, I can see a few things to cut. I'll try and keep the list orderly, though I'm not too good at formatting.
Simulacrum seems fine if you want to keep it. Twiddle, on the other hand, is almost completely outclassed by another card, Dramatic Reversal. One card I forgot to mention earlier in my suggestions is Isochron Scepter, which is great with a lot of instants, and is part of an infinite combo with Dramatic Reversal. That's all for these.
Feldon's Cane seems like a slightly worse Elixir of Immortality, and it's an effect that only really needs a "one-of." Neurok Stealthsuit is just unnecessary. Icy Manipulator and Library of Leng seem like super neat, weird cards, but perhaps not the most effective in practice. Darksteel Ingot might be better served as a Chromatic Lantern or Fellwar Stone.
I think that about wraps things up! Your landbase is perfectly fine as is, especially with those dual lands. Though, looking over your deck again, I noticed a really heavy milling theme. As such, I'd like to recommend Phenax, God of Deception. Perhaps as a commander, perhaps as one of the 99. In addition to this, I'd also like to recommend Tree of Perdition. A great partner for Phenax. Now, finally, I think that about does it. If you need anything else, message me. I'll gladly help out.
3 years ago
Just one note, you can't run Simulacrum in this deck, it's not in Thromok's color identity
3 years ago
I recall a few alpha/beta/etc cards were just littered with nonstop text.
Long-ish List Show
Damn... must've been liking reading novels back then.