|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Future Sight (FUT)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Sliver
All Slivers have "When this permanent enters the battlefield, you may fateseal 1." (Its controller looks at the top card of an opponent's library, then he or she may put that card on the bottom of that library.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Mesmeric Sliver Discussion
4 months ago
I love slivers more than most players. It seems like your deck has a lot of slivers in it, which is good, but I feel like in some cases you need an reason to put it in besides the fact that it's a sliver. I run a bizarre kind of sliver token deck though, so in mine, I only run 17 or so slivers, so take everything I have to say with a grain of salt.
Slivers that aren't that great:
- Blade Sliver
- Dementia Sliver (I guess if you like it, you should keep it)
- Essence Sliver (this one sounds nuts, but I run Aura Shards over this, simply because it's strictly better. There is the fact that you can't tutor for it with overlord, but for me, I have the problem that essence sliver doesn't have "may," so sometimes I end up killing a lot of my own stuff. Still there's an argument to be made for it.
- Screeching Sliver (I just don't know why this card is in here. It seems like a pretty non-synergistic effect. I also feel like even if you had a lot of slivers, it would take you an ass ton of time to mill someone out by tapping them all in EDH)
Other things to take out:
- Staff of Nin (I like this card in mono-red, but that's about it. since you have access to all the colors, there's a huge amount of cards you have access to that are just better than this card. Find something that works well with your deck. I like Fecundity, but I'm in tokens. There's a lot in blue that are great. Mind Unbound will draw you a lot of cards (a lot more than the staff). and has the same CMC, but it does have double blue. I even like Phyrexian Arena in this deck.
- Hive Stirrings. (I'm in sliver tokens and I don't really love this card. Just a lot of other effects i'd rather have for 3 mana. Maybe a Mirror Entity or an Phyrexian Arena)
- Venser's Journal (I love this card, but not in this deck. I just feel like there's not enough card draw, hand size shenannagins to make use of this card. If you added like 10 more card draw spells then sure, good pick)
Stuffs to Add:
(Note: given the sliver legion and queen, it seemed like money wasn't much of an issue, so some of these picks aren't exactly budget)
- Brood Sliver (Where is this guy? seriously, he's great.)
- Cryptolith Rite (take out Springleaf Drum. Cryptolith Rite costs one more and is strictly better.)
- Amoeboid Changeling (I think I know what you're going for with Unnatural Selection. If you want though, you can even tutor it out, since amoeboid is a changeling and therefore a sliver. I only do this when I feel like I absolutely have to or I feel like being a dick. depends on your meta, but I try not to overuse this ability too much.)
- Crypt Sliver (just...yes....)
- Crystalline Sliver (this has a downside if you need to target your stuff, so don't drop it unless you need to. I feel like this is a better slot in than blade sliver or some of the lower end pumps. If you need to, only play him when you already have a sliver with a sac outlet on the battlefield)
- Mesmeric Sliver (depending on how many slivers you can drop, this gets pretty nuts. just always make opponents draw land.)
- Shifting Sliver (THIS MUST GO IN. Like seriously though. just drop this and win.)
- Coat of Arms (Most EDH decks only have access to one of these effects, but yours can have access to two with sliver legion in the deck too. I know this pumps everyone's tribal, so just have more of your tribe and you're good. Also you only have to drop this when you want to swing for lethal. Might be a good slot instead of Venser's Journal or something.)
Some nuts busted cards:
- Cryptic Gateway. (this is nuts. I love it)
- Cauldron of Souls (this is a super underrated card. When I go in and retune my deck, this is going in)
- Wild Pair (since you like cryptic gateway, you might like this card. didn't make it into mine, because i'm pretty low on slivers, but slivers always have the same power and toughness, making it really easy to use this card.)
Great deck. I'd love to hear what you think of my sliver tokens deck. I haven't tweaked it in a while so there's some obvious slot in's from Ixalan at least that need to go in. http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/make-tokens-great-again/
Thanks for sharing :)
6 months ago
Well i would try to pick up a playset of the leaked spoiled ixalan tribal land, unclaimed territory and the slightly older Ancient Ziggurat
I would also consider abusing the fact that the tribe offers so much flexibility, by utilising the tutor Homing Sliver, put all my multicolored slivers into wishboard to get with Glittering Wish.
This gives the option to play the more crazy stuff as one of in the main like Mesmeric Sliver (to play lantern controll with slivers), or to play the big sliver lords from the side/wishboard (Sliver Hivelord & Sliver Legion)
The tutoring effects also free you up to focus more on mana generating slivers, and non sliver cards that help you a lot like Collected Company, Hive Stirrings and the like - while playing slivers that grant effects you want as a 1 of, since you can tutor them whenever you wish.
And ixalan will bring a new green enchantment that will draw you a card if an effect targets your creatures! (for )
8 months ago
A few suggestions:
For this I would definitely include a Rupture Spire and Ancient Ziggurat for lands to start. I would also definitely include a Chromatic Lantern and Armillary Sphere. In addition to these I would also include 4 Manaweft Sliver or Gemhide Sliver.
As for slivers I would up the Winged Sliver to 4 or take them out entirely and replace them with Galerider Sliver for one less mana. In addition to these you might want to add Mesmeric Sliver for some good control. Finally I would also add some "pump up" slivers to help make them more survivable. You could choose from Predatory Sliver, Muscle Sliver, or Sinew Sliver, just to name a few.
As a final word I would include more playsets (Sets of 4 cards) for more consistency in the deck as opposed to all the different cards. This is just a suggestion. Build the deck to your playstyle
Hope this helps
8 months ago
Venom Sliver makes opponents think twice before attacking ;)
Control is obviously this decks main strategy, might think of two of the best control slivers out there Necrotic Sliver and Mesmeric Sliver. One destroys lands and the other makes your opponent have a hard time getting land. Meseric is a nice way to get your friends to hate you, only down side it the 4 cmc.
10 months ago
I saw you were looking at that 2 year old TCC list, so I thought I'd give a comment directly to you since you're looking to build Sliver Overlord. To preface: I've player Overlord for 3 years in a fairly competitive meta, which is why I'm basically combo Overlord at this point. I've got a few pointers you might be able to use, though, so I thought I'd just leave them.
First, my creature choice and combo lines are explained on my deck, here: Za Warudo! (Sliver Overlord Aggro). If you care about that kind of thing, you can look at that, but I won't be explaining how the combos work since I went into better detail in the description there.
Thing the first: Mesmeric Sliver isn't worth its cost. Sometimes you can stop your opponent from getting something that will hurt you- but the better your opponent's decks are, the higher the odds of them getting something equally as bad or worse (IE, your opponents need to run bad cards in order for Mesmeric to really be that beneficial). I'd recommend removing it for a different Sliver.
Darkheart Sliver seems a little better than Victual Sliver as a sac outlet because it has no mana requirement on the sacrifice. Gain 1 less life for 2 less mana sounds much better, to me.
Card suggestions:Synapse Sliver is a great way to receive a full grip from finishing off an opponent. Highly recommended.
Diffusion Sliver is a nice little defensive Sliver that I think you'd enjoy.
Horned Sliver is reasonably cost and gives your army trample, which can be very handy.
Frenetic Sliver is one that took a while to win me over, but if you're facing down a Merciless Eviction on the stack, a 50% chance to keep your army doesn't sound so bad, honestly. Either way, you tend to win out since your creatures being binned, rather than in the exile zone, is better for a Patriarch's Bidding.
For card draw, Rhystic Study isn't bad. Seedborn Muse is ridiculous with Sliver Overlord: You get to untap your lands, tutor Quick Sliver, and then remind everyone in your play group why Prophet of Kruphix was banned.
Cryptolith Rite is perfectly reasonable to run as it gives you 3 copies of the most vital creatures in the deck for establishing board presence. Chromatic Lantern is going to be a necessity on a budget mana base. Burgeoning is extremely good ramp, and can take the sting out of ETB tapped lands, if you run them, since you'll untap with so much more mana at your disposal. Mana Echoes is absurd, even without Sliver Queen.
The best cards for Sliver Overlord would be Intruder Alarm and Paradox Engine, since they allow you to pull all of your Slivers out of your library, should you so choose, and easily finish an opponent off with Psionic Sliver during the untaps. I explain this synergy in my deck's description, but Overlord + 4 Slivers, one of which must be Gemhide/Manaweft = Grab all the Slivers you want.
Hope this helps. I can offer mana base recommendations, too, but it'd probably be easier to wait until you show what you have.
11 months ago
Thank you so much for showing me your deck!!! This is wonderful, and if you don't mind I might take some of the ideas for your infinite combos to add to my deck.
Have you thought about running Clot Sliver as well? With your infinite mana/colorless mana combos you could forever sac and regen all of your slivers completely controlling the board.
1 year ago
I recently started a Daxos deck myself. One problem I see you're having here is you have way too much going on: Narrow your strategy. What does Daxos do?
Daxos hits people and he plays their spells. He also gains you life. And in commander, people have big spells.
3rd: You are going to need control to keep Daxos alive. Counterspell, Path to Exile, Swords to Plowshares, etc. Really this slot is whatever you want; control is needed to keep Daxos alive and make sure your opponents don't cast some scary spells.
4th: Some fun stuff with life gain. I always include my pet card Angelic Accord.
5: Include fun stuff, but make sure they have synergies with Daxos. He is a commander that just screams "build around me". Fireshrieker is the first card I think of: who doesn't like casting two spells from your opponent? Another fantastic mechanic is Fateseal. Or, library manipulation from your opponent so you can decide (to a point) which cards you want to cast from your opponent. Unfortunately there are only two cards that do this: Spin into Myth and Mesmeric Sliver. I would run the first of these two.
Good luck! I would love any questions you have while tinkering/editing.