|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Time Spiral (TSP)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Sliver
All Slivers have "Tap: Target player puts the top card of his or her library into his or her graveyard."
Screeching Sliver Discussion
3 months ago
the majority of slivers that people play in modern will only affect their own side of the board, which means your statement "opponents Sliver abilities will stack on our swarm of 1/1 Slivers" is actually pretty inaccurate.
also, Dormant Sliver will just enable your sliver opponent to just keep drawing cards until they have an answer to it. Homing Sliver will let them get their Necrotic Sliver to blow up your Dormant Sliver .
Screeching Sliver will just let your sliver opponent mill you.
should definitely use more lands if you wanna use cmc 5 cards. theres no guarantee you'll draw a mana sliver.
Quick Sliver is not modern legal.
as someone who has played 5C slivers in modern for over 3 years now, i can safely say that this build wouldn't stop my slivers. i run Aether Vial and Collected Company , which allows me to drop slivers faster, and i also run plenty of buffing slivers ( Predatory Sliver , Sinew Sliver , Sedge Sliver , and Phantasmal Image to copy them) which guarantees my slivers are bigger. so unless you're lucky enough to get a turn 2 Manaweft Sliver followed by a turn 3 Dormant Sliver , i'm gonna win too quick for your plan to work. even then, i'll just grow my army while gaining tons of life off my Lavabelly Sliver (which could also just kill you on its own if you try to stall too long, since its affect stacks with itself, and i have Phantasmal Image to copy it). then when you finally blow up your own Dormant Sliver , i win anyway.
1 year ago
Updated version of my comment about the possible combos
Also here are the possible combos
3)in case of no Mirran Spy just replace the Nettle Drone /Cathartic Adept / Screeching Sliver with Reckless Fireweaver and start bouncing the artifact as normal for infinite damage. Same can achieved with Grapeshot but after the infinite bouncing of the artifact
1 year ago
The leylines are at best for the sideboard. Some of the more expensive slivers you have, while good, cost a lot of mana, especially since you are running only 18 lands. Screeching Sliver is not needed because you don't win via your opponents losing their libraries and have you ever heard of Cavern of Souls? Here is a link that shows a pretty solid list for slivers: https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/instant-deck-tech-slivers-modern
1 year ago
I love slivers more than most players. It seems like your deck has a lot of slivers in it, which is good, but I feel like in some cases you need an reason to put it in besides the fact that it's a sliver. I run a bizarre kind of sliver token deck though, so in mine, I only run 17 or so slivers, so take everything I have to say with a grain of salt.
Slivers that aren't that great:
- Blade Sliver
- Dementia Sliver (I guess if you like it, you should keep it)
- Essence Sliver (this one sounds nuts, but I run Aura Shards over this, simply because it's strictly better. There is the fact that you can't tutor for it with overlord, but for me, I have the problem that essence sliver doesn't have "may," so sometimes I end up killing a lot of my own stuff. Still there's an argument to be made for it.
- Screeching Sliver (I just don't know why this card is in here. It seems like a pretty non-synergistic effect. I also feel like even if you had a lot of slivers, it would take you an ass ton of time to mill someone out by tapping them all in EDH)
Other things to take out:
- Staff of Nin (I like this card in mono-red, but that's about it. since you have access to all the colors, there's a huge amount of cards you have access to that are just better than this card. Find something that works well with your deck. I like Fecundity, but I'm in tokens. There's a lot in blue that are great. Mind Unbound will draw you a lot of cards (a lot more than the staff). and has the same CMC, but it does have double blue. I even like Phyrexian Arena in this deck.
- Hive Stirrings. (I'm in sliver tokens and I don't really love this card. Just a lot of other effects i'd rather have for 3 mana. Maybe a Mirror Entity or an Phyrexian Arena)
- Venser's Journal (I love this card, but not in this deck. I just feel like there's not enough card draw, hand size shenannagins to make use of this card. If you added like 10 more card draw spells then sure, good pick)
Stuffs to Add:
(Note: given the sliver legion and queen, it seemed like money wasn't much of an issue, so some of these picks aren't exactly budget)
- Brood Sliver (Where is this guy? seriously, he's great.)
- Cryptolith Rite (take out Springleaf Drum. Cryptolith Rite costs one more and is strictly better.)
- Amoeboid Changeling (I think I know what you're going for with Unnatural Selection. If you want though, you can even tutor it out, since amoeboid is a changeling and therefore a sliver. I only do this when I feel like I absolutely have to or I feel like being a dick. depends on your meta, but I try not to overuse this ability too much.)
- Crypt Sliver (just...yes....)
- Crystalline Sliver (this has a downside if you need to target your stuff, so don't drop it unless you need to. I feel like this is a better slot in than blade sliver or some of the lower end pumps. If you need to, only play him when you already have a sliver with a sac outlet on the battlefield)
- Mesmeric Sliver (depending on how many slivers you can drop, this gets pretty nuts. just always make opponents draw land.)
- Shifting Sliver (THIS MUST GO IN. Like seriously though. just drop this and win.)
- Coat of Arms (Most EDH decks only have access to one of these effects, but yours can have access to two with sliver legion in the deck too. I know this pumps everyone's tribal, so just have more of your tribe and you're good. Also you only have to drop this when you want to swing for lethal. Might be a good slot instead of Venser's Journal or something.)
Some nuts busted cards:
- Cryptic Gateway. (this is nuts. I love it)
- Cauldron of Souls (this is a super underrated card. When I go in and retune my deck, this is going in)
- Wild Pair (since you like cryptic gateway, you might like this card. didn't make it into mine, because i'm pretty low on slivers, but slivers always have the same power and toughness, making it really easy to use this card.)
Great deck. I'd love to hear what you think of my sliver tokens deck. I haven't tweaked it in a while so there's some obvious slot in's from Ixalan at least that need to go in. http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/make-tokens-great-again/
Thanks for sharing :)
2 years ago
2 years ago
Through all of my experience playing slivers, I have found that Bonescythe Sliver tends to be a dead card. If you even get the ability to cast it, it will most likely get countered, and if it hits the field they are going to kill it before you can deal damage with it. So instead I started running Leeching Sliver. It doesn't double the damage but it gives unblockable damage which can be a game changer. Also, in the sideboard I would recommend 2x Warping Wail for board wipes and other threats, dropping the Screeching Sliver and Belligerent Sliver, and in the mainboard I would move the Leeching Sliver from the sideboard to replace Striking Sliver and Venom Sliver, since both of those won't do much as 1 ofs.
2 years ago
Those are some interesting thoughts. I haven't thought about Screeching Sliver or Mindlash Sliver so thank you for those ideas! I don't think I will be taking out Crystalline Sliver though. The Coat of Arms and Door of Destinies are rather interesting thoughts as well that I will take into consideration.
First off I need to say, may the hive live on forever! Secondly I must say your recommendations seem to be more of an aggro focus than I am looking for. I like aggro but I feel like I have enough already seeing that is how I mainly win. And I like having Overlord as the commander purely for the tutor ability if nothing else. Although I actually Like the idea of maybe including some infect/poisonous. I used to run Virulent Sliver and Triumph of the Hordes and Firewake Sliver in the deck but took them out for reasons I cannot remember. So I will certainly have to reconsider putting them back in the deck. As for your other thoughts I will have to take an in depth look to see if they can be beneficial long term. Would you potentially have any other thoughts on a non-combat based victory maybe with shocking someone to death or what have you?
Lastly I must say thanks to both of you for offering your advice. I really appreciate it!
2 years ago
And I'm reaching here but maybe you could find a way to use Plague Sliver? It would be hilarious if a sliver deck killed opponents with this. Maybe give people Hivestone? Like I said I'm reaching with this one, much more likely to backfire...
Possible removals include Amoeboid Changeling, Crystalline Sliver OR any sliver that targets a sliver, and effects which you already get from another source like +1/+1. and really I think a Coat of Arms, Door of Destinies, and Sliver Legion is probably enough buffing.
May want to also consider more reanimation with all the sacrifice I suggested.
No data for this card yet.