Veil of Secrecy
Instant — Arcane
Target creature gains shroud until end of turn and is unblockable this turn.
Splice onto Arcane-Return a blue creature you control to its owner's hand. (As you play an Arcane spell, you may reveal this card from your hand and pay its splice cost. If you do, add this card's effects to that spell.)
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Veil of Secrecy Discussion
11 months ago
- Its not bad to have extra red sources, Im just pointing out that its a spot to make cuts if you need to for budget reasons.
- Whispersilk Cloak is unneeded you have flying which is enough evasion to get past a lot of creatures, plus they are big so they eat blockers fast. The 2nd part gives it makes it so not even you can interact with the creature. It pretty much unneed being your pay offs already have regenerate, or hexproof, or a form of protection. It can also just be a 3 mana do nothing. You can do bigger and better things with that mana. ( samething basically with Veil of Secrecy ).
- Atarka's Command is a sweet card i use to play it in my competitive burn deck. You dont really need it. You are only ever really swinging with 1 or 2 creatures so the buff doesnt help, and dont need reach. The land drop isnt that amazing. Which means skull crack is probably a better card if you really want anti-life gain. Which also isnt really a probelm. If they just sit there and gain life you just cast more threats.
- Ulvenwald Tracker and Domri, Anarch of Bolas are simular cards. They both offer the same amount kind of removal, but dom ramps you and buffs your creatures. As well as protects against counterspells. His abilites also dont tie up mana.
- As for sideboarding: what enchantment ruins your deck. You already have 2 main board options why have 3 more? Sideboard cards offer a solution to a problem. I dont know what probelm you are trying to fix. What matchup do you need Heartless Hidetsugu for?
11 months ago
Thanks! I'm trying to add a slight Arcane subtheme to the deck for cards like Ideas Unbound and, more importantly, Psychic Puppetry. I found some interesting cards for this kind of subtheme like Veil of Secrecy which can be used to protect Delver of Secrets Flip or force it through to deal damage. Also, in the case a Pyroclasm or some other sweeper I don't have the counter to get rid of, I can cast Psychic Puppetry or something and Splice on Veil to tap something and bounce the Delver.
1 year ago
Blazing Shoal, Cave-In, Crash, Downhill Charge, Fireblast, Fury of the Horde Mogg Salvage, Pact of the Titan, Abolish, Intervention Pact, Patrician's Scorn, Reverent Mantra Shining Shoal, Sivvi's Ruse, Sivvi's Valor, Sunscour Commandeer Daze, Disrupting Shoal Gush Mindbreak Trap, Misdirection, Pact of Negation, Snapback, Submerge, Tidal Bore, Veil of Secrecy
1 year ago
Ooo Dovescape is some sweet tech here. I landed a Dovescape once (playing Ink-Treader) and quickly entered my friends' "Books of Grievances". You might like these: Call to Mind , Guile , Unsubstantiate (this would allow you to return rebounded counterspells to your hand, assuming you have another rebounded spell that the counterspell can target first), Failure , Veil of Secrecy , Peer Through Depths , Brainstorm
2 years ago
This is a tricky one, I would seriously consider splashing a third color for access to cards that fetch artifacts like Fabricate but the mana fixing becomes a serious issue. I would happily drop AEther Membrane to do this but a three color deck just sounds inherently unreliable in terms of mana.
I mainly wanted to try to build around Isochron Scepter and my thoughts other than straight burn would be Doom Blade , Geth's Verdict , Mana Leak , Angelsong , Assassin's Trophy , Bile Blight , Commencement of Festivities , Dampen Thought , Dash Hopes , Deflecting Palm , Essence Scatter , Feed the Clan , Growth Spiral , Heroes' Reunion , Increasing Vengeance , Nourish , Raise the Alarm , Redirect , Solidarity of Heroes , Turn to Frog , Twincast , Veil of Secrecy , Whitesun's Passage .
I don't know, it just seems like the scepter could be a really awesome addition to a lot of decks but you would want the scepter plus a fetch for it as well.
2 years ago
I don't see the "Devastating Speed" portion of the deck. You have no 1 drops. An INFECT deck has NO 1 drops. That's not "Devastating Speed", that's derogatory and slow. You need, Need, NEED Glistener Elf . Or at the very least, Blight Mamba .
Instead of using black kill spells, use spells like Distortion Strike or Aqueous Form to get past blockers. You can also use cards like Simic Charm or Apostle's Blessing to get past blockers or defend against trouble creatures. Vines of Vastwood , Apostle's Blessing , Simic Charm , and Veil of Secrecy can do multiple things as well as protecting your creatures. Pendelhaven is an important part of any Infect deck.
Black is just too slow for even a mildly competitive Infect deck, because EVERYTHING is at least 3 mana, which for an Infect deck is WAAY to expensive mana wise.
@itachi45 Help me out here.
2 years ago
Thanks for the suggestions.
Before my deck was with this build I played in a more "glass cannon" way. Although my matches were solely against a friend playing Burn / Goblins. I seldom won it, I was convinced that I could not win the race for the win against the Goblins avalanche.
Currently I have not adopted this strategy "glass cannon", but time or other I will bet on it. I will share with you.
Congratulations on your list, I became aware of the Veil of Secrecy , perfect for the final blow.
Once again, thank you.