Scour from Existence
Exile target permanent.
|Have (4)||Smokingclays , KllrRoboPenguin , metalmagic , gildan_bladeborn|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Scour from Existence occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Scour from Existence Discussion
9 hours ago
Hello again FenIsABasicSwamp. Not sure if you remember me, but I was the one that was building a Haakon deck around the same time you were (a little after). I also had a GoT theme but went more discard. I've been out of the magic scene for a bit but I was coming back to check out your deck because I am trying to revamp my version. I am still amazed at this deck as it truly does everything that I love in Magic. If I could upvote this twice I definitely would. I have some questions for you if that's alright.
2) How relevant has Emergence Zone been?
3) Why fetches in a mono-colored deck? I understand filtering, but you only play two and it seems you have a lot of draw.
4) Has K'rrik, Son of Yawgmoth earned his place? Also, how do you supplement the lifeloss? I see some lifelink (and he has it as well) but have you ever needed to worry about the life lost from using him? Do you try to win before this is a problem?
6) Is Bitterblossom not worthwhile for the Contamination combo? If not, how come? I see Winter Orb in the sideboard so it seems like you may want to lockdown in some cases to ensure the deck gets to the mid-to-late game.
7) I know that Sidisi, Undead Vizier can be a repeatable tutor, but how come you don't play more tutors like Vampiric Tutor, Imperial Seal or even Increasing Ambition? (Unless money is a factor)? Also, why no Razaketh, the Foulblooded? Especially with the token generation factor.
9) Null Profusion is a card I've always meant to try, but the limit of two cards has always deterred me. How has it played for you? Staple? Needed? Just okay?
10) I'm SURE I'm missing something with Yawgmoth, Thran Physician, but he seems "off" to me in your list. You have enough draw to not worry about losing life and sacking a creature that can be sacked to other things. What does he bring to this kind of build?
11) Is the dredge from Stinkweed Imp needed? Do you constantly dredge whenever you can or is there a time and place?
14) Has Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger's cast trigger been enough non-creature removal? I saw the comment about Feed the Swarm so I won't suggest it, but what about Oblivion Stone, All Is Dust, and even Scour from Existence? If they're not needed, how come?
I read your Bio. I understand that your specifically chose not to use some of the cards and combos I've listed here. I hope that my questions come across as curiosity, not "you should do this and do that."
I know I've asked a lot of questions in this on comment, but if you could do me one more thing. Since you like underrated themes and/or commanders would you be willing to take a look at my Rakdos the Defiler deck? He is one I built early in my Magic career, purely for a theme, and without a template. He has become a powerful deck since and I'd love to hear your thoughts!
6 days ago
X-Factor11105 I've actually been seriously considering Kolaghan's Command lately, but I dunno if I'd remove Bedevil for it (Bedevil is just so so good). Dragonspeaker Shaman was in here for a while a long time ago, but I swapped him out for Dragonlord's Servant for the easier mana cost, then swapped the servant out for Nightscape Familiar because familiar applies to more of my cards. Cost reducers are only really worth it if you get their benefit multiple times in a turn, and I cast multiple red cards way more often than I cast multiple dragons.
Ugin, the Ineffable isn't quite as important as he used to be, but he's still good. Prior to Feed the Swarm being printed he was arguably the best targeted enchantment removal Rakdos had to offer (compared to stuff like Spine of Ish Sah and Scour from Existence). I wish he was at least one mana cheaper, but the removal+card advantage package he offers is still really nice
1 month ago
Thank you so much for sharing this amazing deck Apollo_Paladin! You've convinced me to buy into Legacy so that I can play with one of my friends who is also building a deck. I love the budget focus and the fun interactions I've seen playtesting a few hands.
I haven't played it yet, so what I'm about to ask is just based on my speculation. Would love to hear your thoughts though!
To that end, I was wondering specifically if you have considered Nevinyrral's Disk or Spine of Ish Sah or Scour from Existence or similar cards to respond to Grafdigger's Cage and Leyline of the Void. Would any of those cards or others be worth bringing in from the sideboard in the event of running into graveyard hate? Alternatively, perhaps Duress could provide some protection?
Thanks so much for the informative guide and your hard work on the deck! I can't wait until it comes.
1 month ago
Haha it happens! I like the additions, they're definitely making the deck stronger. Here's my suggestions for additional cuts: Scour from Existence, Palladium Myr, and Burnished Hart. The first is pretty mediocre removal since it's so expensive and not even on an artifact that can stick around in the early game, and the others are the worst ramp in your deck. They're also all cards I started with in my deck and ended up cutting for better cards.
2 months ago
Scour from Existence, not Spatial Contortion..
2 months ago
I'd replace Dunes of the Dead, Quicksand, Sequestered Stash, Sunscorched Desert, Urza's Factory, and Warped Landscape with Wastes, Loreseeker's Stone with War Room, Orazca Relic with Burnished Hart, Ruin Processor and Deathless Behemoth with Void Winnower and Spawnsire of Ulamog, and replace Luxa River Shrine with Conduit of Ruin.
If you want to go a bit faster, Planar Portal is a little slow, so I'd replace it with Eye of Ugin. If you're having trouble with creature heavy decks, I'd replace Scour from Existence with Ugin, the Spirit Dragon.
Other than that, this list looks pretty good!
2 months ago
0rc its not easy to remove problematic enchantments and artifacts in black, the best one for enchantments is Feed the Swarm, which just replaced Pharika's Libation (which isnt really so effective sometimes, since your opponent chooses what to sacrifice). There is also Scour from Existence, although it costs , its not so hard to get that much mana in mono-black deck. Meteor Golem is also really decent in both reanimator decks and artifact decks. I'm sure there is more, mostly as some artifacts, not that many in black.
ChuckHD: since you already run Phyrexian Altar, you could also try Tortured Existence to easily get some creatures back from your graveyard into hand and Desecrated Tomb to generate 1/1 black bat tokens with flying as a fast flying blockers or sacrifice targets. All those three cards go infinite, so your Ayara or any other aristocrat-like card can win you the game. I personally use it in my Syr Konrad For the Void and it works great.
With so many creatures, Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder could easily generate plenty of tokens too to sacrifice them.
3 months ago
I find party decks intriguing, and this deck is no exception. Creatures with changeling, such as Universal Automaton, go great in this deck, as they count as rogues, clerics, warriors, and wizards so they can be any piece of the party. I would also add a tad bit more removal, maybe Deadly Alliance and some classic removal, Path to Exile, Scour from Existence, etc and maybe a wrath or 2.