Artifact Creature — Golem
Transguild Courier is all colors (even if this card isn't in play).
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Transguild Courier Discussion
3 weeks ago
In the future, please use the Rules Q&A section of this site when you have questions about rules, cards, and card interactions. That section has some special functionalities, including the ability to "mark as answer" a thread to indicate your question has been resolved. I have gone ahead and moved the thread for you.
To answer your question itself, Color Identity includes all mana symbols on a card (excluding in reminder text), any color indicator on the card (the blue circle next to Sorcery indicating Ancestral Vision is a Blue card, for example), and any characteristic-defining ability that defines colors (such as Transguild Courier ).
You cannot include Brutal Hordechief in a Sek'Kuar, Deathkeeper Commander deck. Hordechief's color identity is --the Black comes from the colors in its mana cost; the Red and White comes from the pips in its activated ability.
Color Identity is different from the card's color in this respect--Hordechief is mono-black in terms of its color; but it is Mardu in terms of its color identity.
3 months ago
In edh your cmdr has a "color identity" these colors are found in its casting cost and its text box. So for instance Yasova Dragonclaw is to cast but has both in its text box so its color identity is .
You can not use cards with other colors on them outside of the cmdrs color identity including hybrid mana such as Shield of the Oversoul .
You are aloud to use cards that say the color outside of your identity like fetch lands and things like Desecrated Tomb but don't show the color. Bye show I mean the mana symbol or or
You can not run cards that are colorless but say on them that they are all colors like Transguild Courier . Cards like this are only aloud in 5 color decks.
Cards like Witness the End that have devoid to make them have no color are not aloud in a deck with a cmdr that does not contain in it's identity
3 months ago
4 months ago
Welcome back for another top ten at 6 cmc. Last time it was blue. This time its colorless. Only one more after this and that's gold.
Check out these other lists too
- top 10 black cards at 6 cmc
- top 10 green cards at 6 cmc
- top 10 white cards at 6 cmc
- top 10 red cards at 6 cmc
So the rules are to post a comment of a colorless card at 6 cmc and the people will upvote it. The cards with the most upvotes will get the # spot. I will update the top 10 list daily.
Your comment/comments should look something like this...
My favorite colorless card at 6 cmc is Brass Herald .
It shouldn't look like this.
My favorite card is this card and that card and also this card but I think this card is the best.
- If you want to submit multiple cards, comment multiple times. Only one card per submission.
- Upvote whatever cards you agree to be in the top ten.
- Dont be afraid to upvote multiple cards.
- You may make comments on other suggested cards and you may talk about the top cards list. But keep your card suggestions separate.
- X spells are excluded.
- You may tag friends to join the conversation/debate.
- Only colorless cards at 6 cmc will be considered for the top 10.
- unless its the legendary cmdr of the colorless deck. Cards like Transguild Courier and Sphinx of the Guildpact are not aloud in a colorless edh deck, so these cards and cards like it will not be considered for the list.
- Cards like Drowner of Hope will not be considered for the list.
- You may talk about other cards outside of colorless and outside of 6 cmc but they will not be considered for the top 10.
- Cards that have multiple colors on it or in it, will not be excepted. Including hybrid mana. Unless its cards like Ramos, Dragon Engine . Because they can be your cmdr. And they are indeed colorless. My rules
- Cards banned in edh will not be considered for the top 10.
- If the submitted card has the same amount of upvotes as another card. I will make a judgment call on witch one I feel deserves the higher spot in the top 10.
- S stands for super. For the 1 card that I chose to represent the best card that's banned in edh.
- If theres a draw. For instance. If a card has 5 upvotes, and another card has 5 upvotes, and one of them I have upvoted, and the other I have not upvoted. The card I have not upvoted counts as 5½ or 5.5 for those using the metric system.
Tappedout user results- sun, march 7th 2021
- S Letter Bomb
- Wurmcoil Engine
- Steel Hellkite
- The Immortal Sun
- Mycosynth Lattice
- Ugin, the Ineffable
- Caged Sun
- Contagion Engine
- Ward of Bones
Edhrec results- sun, march 7th 2021
- Caged Sun , In 20069 decks, 4% of 470216 decks
- Steel Hellkite , In 17581 decks, 4% of 470216 decks
- Ugin, the Ineffable , In 17285 decks, 4% of 470216 decks
- Duplicant , In 13704 decks, 3% of 470216 decks
- Wurmcoil Engine , In 11878 decks, 3% of 470216 decks
- Dreamstone Hedron , In 9907 decks, 2% of 470216 decks
- Soul of New Phyrexia , In 8047 decks, 2% of 470216 decks
- Conduit of Ruin , In 6441 decks, 1% of 470216 decks
- Thopter Assembly , In 5835 decks, 1% of 470216 decks
- Oblivion Sower , In 5629 decks, 1% of 470216 decks
Gidgetimer on None
11 months ago
Color identity only matters in EDH deck construction or if an effect specifically references "color identity". In all other cases color is used, color is any colored mana in the casting cost plus any color indicators (Dryad Arbor) or characteristic defining abilities (Transguild Courier) that define a cards color. Color can also be modified by static effects from permanents such as on Painter's Servant or Mycosynth Lattice.
1 year ago
Creatures having a color is already something you can break in commander, though. You can use Painter's Servant naming in your Elesh Norn deck (not that you would in this case) to give all of your opponents protection from your creatures with Absolute Law.
Additionally, Transguild Courier and Sphinx of the Guildpact both get boosts that apply to color even with no changes to the current rules. The point isn't that "this card is x color" because we can already break that in commander. The reason they're banned is because of the rule that the mana symbol appears on the card. This is the same reason that Quenchable Fire can't be run in a mono-red deck despite nothing about the card being blue.
On the point of Gyruda, Doom of Depths I will say you're not entirely wrong here, but let's not forget that Wizards has been pushing color pies and power levels a LOT lately. So to that end I would defend the card pointing to limited blue reanimation effects like Back from the Brink or Body Double. Blue has limited ability to copy or create tokens of creatures in graveyards, so the fact that this latest one is extremely limited feels like it's pushing blue, but not entirely out of context. You can only reanimate something milled with its ETB effect and only if it has an even CMC. It's possible to entirely whif on this and not get anything to reanimate, unlike similar black effects that are more or less guaranteed to bring you back something from the graveyard.
1 year ago