Sisay, Weatherlight Captain
Legendary Creature — Human Soldier
Sisay, Weatherlight Captain gets +1/+1 for each colour among other legendary permanents you control.
: Search your library for a legendary permanent card with converted mana cost less than sisay's power, put that card onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Sisay, Weatherlight Captain occurrence in decks from the last year
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
Sisay, Weatherlight Captain Discussion
2 days ago
I really like this build, +1!
It feels like a classically 5-colour deck. Green for fixing and ramping, blue for drawing and some trickery, a bit of red for a bit of extra damage, some white for protection and some tutors, and black you get to skip straight up Removal thanks to your deck's function, and just index into drawing, combo fixing and reanimation. Love it.
3 weeks ago
I've recently retooled my Karador deck to be less powerful and to focus on more of a toolbox theme. I've constructed this deck to be around 75% (or 7.5/10) mostly to ensure it's not oppressive and to have FUN! Most other decks in my meta are around this power level. I'm using infinite combo's mostly as a backup incase the game drags on too long, so you won't see cards/combo pieces like: Protean Hulk , Boonweaver Giant , Pattern of Rebirth , Academy Rector , etc as they are much too powerful I found out for my playgroup. More on this below -
Link to my deck: Karador Toolbox / Reanimator!
Deck Goal/Objective: The goal of this deck is to be a value-centric reanimator deck. I aims to take over a game with creatures, then grind my way to end and finally reanimating giant monsters to win the game. Again, infitine combos are a means of ending a game that has dragged on for to long, or else can’t be won on the battlefield.
Some background: So Karador was the first deck I created but I realized it was too strong as I based it off of a cEDH deck apparently (minus the expensive land base). It really wasn't fun for anyone to play and not really for myself either. So I've now totally revamped it and included a more reanimator/toolbox route. I'm looking to keep the strength of the deck around 75% - 80%. I'm hoping you guys could give me some feedback on my deck list and let me know if there is anything you think I should cut or suggestions for cards I should add in. Any links to other successful toolbox decks that do not only focus on infinite combos would be great!
About my Playgroup/Meta: So most of the decks in my playgroup are well constructed and I would say are at about 65% - 80% tooled. They are not too powerful but could also do fairly well against more competitive decks if needed. This is mostly to keep everything FUN! lol. From a price point perspective, I would say most decks are anywhere from $200 - $800 in value. Some of the Commanders our playgroup runs are: Zedruu the Greathearted , Atraxa, Praetors' Voice , Atraxa, Praetors' Voice , Korvold, Fae-Cursed King , Lazav, Dimir Mastermind , Chainer, Nightmare Adept , Kaalia of the Vast , Sisay, Weatherlight Captain , Lathliss, Dragon Queen , Sliver Overlord , Mayael the Anima , The Mimeoplasm , and a few others. - So please keep this in mind when making suggestions for additions/cuts to give me an advantage :)
PLEASE ALSO TAKE A LOOK AT MY "MAYBE BOARD". This has cards I cut or I'm unsure if I should include them. Happy to add to the list as well - but any feedback is appreciated!
Please let me know your thoughts and suggestions. Thanks guys!! :)
3 weeks ago
Certainly interesting ideas and all fit the bill well, I have always been hesitant on using cascade as a theme only because I hear that playgroups find it to be either repetitive or much like solitaire where only one person is playing.
Though my group is fairly notorious for infinite combos to the point that I made a group slug out of Mogis, God of Slaughter that is known as one of my more hated decks due to having functions that halt a lot of said combos.
I digress, Esika, God of the Tree Flip Seems good for a commander, though does not see any cast does still see etbs and can get some powerful peices on the board quickly. I did pull her and saw potential as well. However I wonder exactly how I would go about building such a deck.
Elsha of the Infinite fits the bill beautifully, and has alot of potential. Though not in five color as you mentioned my only concern would be ramp in that case due to the three colors having a lack of buildup without some possibly expensive cards.
Sisay, Weatherlight Captain I actually have a shrine enchantment deck made with this very commander and she works well, fitting the theme of "out of hand" still in the manner that you can fetch for key peices so a good inclusion into the list of possible commanders.
Gleeock Atla Palani, Nest Tender A interesting idea I didn't think of but could be fun Golos, Tireless Pilgrim A good card that I see often and fits well. Though I see him played and hated off the board quite quickly.
These are all great suggestions I shall be making several test decks from the cards I have on hand to get critiques and suggestions.
1 month ago
I personally don't like kenrith as the commander for any deck. He is very good, very useful, and is a top tier cEDH commander even... just super boring.
5 options I see for you other than kenny:
The First Sliver cascade allows you to cast the spell you find and it never sees your hand. Im not suggesting make a sliver tribal deck, you can add just a couple utility slivers or changelings like Realmwalker or Harmonic Sliver that are handy without tfs, but can trigger the cascade every once in a while.
Sisay, Weatherlight Captain her ability doesn't directly allow you to cast from out of hand, but it can be used to get things that allow you to cast from out of hand such as God-Eternal Kefnet or Grenzo, Havoc Raiser or... well any of the other 4 commander options I'm suggesting. She is probably the best way for you to play triplets
Elsha of the Infinite this isn't 5c, but I think she would be my go to for this build. Jeskai seems the most needed for the theme and she does exactly what you want. Sensei's Divining Top gets stupid good with elsha.
Sen Triplets I have issues with triplets, but they fit the bill like you said and would be viable for the deck despite being 3 color. People just seem to get overzealous against triplets decks and triplets have to make it around the table which often they dont.
I would play any of these before kenrith if you aren't playing cEDH (or a group hug deck I guess). They will be far more flavorful and they will do the thing your deck wants to.
1 month ago
In my humble opinion, Kaldheim is looking like an amazing set. We haven't gotten any broken things, but they all look fun. Let's go over some of the future commanders of our hearts! I'm skipping over commanders that use fortell, as we don't have many cards for them. Oh, and the cards that don't interest me. My post, my rules!
- Magda, Brazen Outlaw: The dwarf commander we've all been waiting for! Dwarven Recruiter is finally good, and you can add in some spicy treasure/dragon synergies, too! I-I think we did it guys. We broke Dockside Extortionist. Oh, and Hellkite Tyrant is a must.
- Halvar, God of Battle Flip: While pretty good in Voltron decks, he makes for the first artifact commander we've ever had, and I know my Inner Johnny is tickled at that fact. The Equipment side is also super cool, with being able to pay 4 mana to resuscitate one of your creatures. With some Phyrexian Altar + Ashnod's Altar janks, we can make a fun mono-white combo deck! Oh, and Batterskull says hi.
- Lathril, Blade of the Elves: I'm really psyched for this general. She looks like a way to make Golgari Elfball more viable, has a crazy, but not broken, activated ability, and is one of the only generals to make a usually too-competitive strategy fit for more casual tables. She has synergy up the wazoo with cards like Immaculate Magistrate and Timberwatch Elf. Oh, and one card that should be in every one of her decks, but is in zero so far, is Elder of Laurels. This card = broken in this deck, often turning your Lathril, Blade of the Elves into a four-digit power commander. Run it!
- Vorinclex, Monstrous Raider: Finally, Superfriends has some support! But seriously, this is just another Doubling Season with an upside on a stick for Atraxa, Praetors' Voice. If you want to be cruel and run this bad boy as a commander, stax/superfriends seems the way to go. Say hello to Smokestack!
- Toski, Bearer of Secrets: And people said Green couldn't draw cards! Why did they have to print another Edric, Spymaster of Trest? This card is also an indestructible blocker with cards like Seedborn Muse and Quest for Renewal. Oh, and it can't be countered. Why? Because green.
- Valki, God of Lies Flip: This card is super fun. It's like a Lazav, the Multifarious but you get to use your opponent's creatures. But where this 'lil trickster god really shines is in the 99. But more specifically, in the 99 of The First Sliver. See, you can cascade into Valki, God of Lies Flip, but instead of casting the small side, you can just windmill-slam Tibalt, Cosmic Impostor on Turn 4. Fun!
- Sarulf, Realm Eater: Golgari Control is a thing, I guess? Stack your deck like card:Skullbrair, the Walking Grave does, but instead of going for the voltron combos, instead, you wipe your opponent's board every turn. Evolutionary Escalation is a must. Who cares about an 8/8 on your opponent's side when it's dead?
- Kolvori, God of Kinship Flip: Man, Sisay, Weatherlight Captain sure got a lot of new goodies in this set! This card is unfortunately not great as a commander. If I'm playing mono-green legends, I'd rather play Reki, the History of Kamigawa.
- Tergrid, God of Fright Flip: I love this card. There. I've said it. I'm done. This goes in so many different decks: Nekusar, the Mindrazer, Tinybones, Trinket Thief, Malfegor, Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest, Nath of the Gilt-Leaf, the list goes on and on! As a commander, she's kill-on-sigh. A single Smallpox just wins you the game.
- Vega, the Watcher: I'll say it: This is probably the most powerful uncommon commander ever printed. This triggers off of so many things: Elsha of the Infinite, Flahsback, Cascade, Retrace, Future Sight, Suspend, Adventure, Foretell, Impulse Draw, etc. Need I say more?
1 month ago
Update: Commander over the weekend went great! We had 5 people, so we were actually playing secret partner (obviously this is not a great "partner" deck lol). We all had some beers and it was actually a lot of fun.
I did very well the first game. Basically I had Bastion of Remembrance + Teysa Karlov out for most of the game and was able to drain everyone with my sac fodder pretty well. I then also got a Cruel Celebrant out and played Hangarback Walker and saced it to get 4 Thopter tokens, then saced them and domed everyone for lots of damage. It was pretty straight forward actually just sacing the tokens and dealing damage that it went well. Toxic Deluge also came in clutch to get rid of my opponents boards when they got wild. I won the game for my partner and I (he was killed earlier, so it came down to just me vs. my buddy's Chainer deck).
My one buddy played Yasova Dragonclaw and Sisay, Weatherlight Captain as his commanders for 2 games and stole some of my key creatures 2 games in a row, which was tough as I didn't have any sac outlets on the board at the time. My other buddy also played The Ur-Dragon as his commander, and he stole my Vilis, Broker of Blood which was rough as well.
Playing secret partner w/ 5 people was a bit different than the normal 4 way games we usually play, but I felt the deck still played fairly well and was a lot of fun. I think the power level is right where it needs to be to be honest.
1 month ago
I second Sisay, Weatherlight Captain as your commander. It can fetch any god she wants and legendary hatebears at instant speed (she can tutor a Narset, Parter of Veils in response of a Windfall and basically insta win for example).
As wincon, Its really hard to suggest without looking at what direction and power level she is building toward. Thassa's Oracle + Demonic Consultation is an obviously strong option. One more thematic since use gods is God-Eternal Kefnet with infinite turns (you cast extra turn with Kefnet, draw it, put it on top of the library somehow and this is infinite)
If she prefers combat and damage Purphoros, God of the Forge and the other gods probably can deal enough damage by themselves.
1 month ago
How about Sisay, Weatherlight Captain ? I use it in my Legendary commander deck :)