|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Time Spiral (TSP)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
- Can I draw my deck before discarding with Faithless Looting?
- Question about how reiterate works in eggs.
- I cast Howl of the Horde (Raid-enabled) then Reiterate; what is the end result?
- Mizzix of the Izmagnus experience counters and Reiterate
- Does Swarm Intelligence go infinite with twincasting spells?
Buyback (3) (You may pay an additional (3) as you play this spell. If you do, put this card into your hand as it resolves.)
Copy target instant or sorcery spell. You may choose new targets for the copy.
3 days ago
Most of the strategies around this deck revolve around playing Mizzix at a time when you can cast a few low cost spells and tick up a few experience counters. Normally Mizzix will be removed very quickly, so having enough mana to cast Mizzix and a few spells is opportune.
If Mizzix is having trouble staying on the board, even getting one experience counter to start the train is enough. Once you have an experience counter, there is support to increase those counters using the many proliferation cards that are included in the deck.
Continue playing politics, nuking the op player, and slowly gain experience counters until you have enough experience counters and mana to cast the big X Spells in this deck like: Jaya's Immolating Inferno . These X spells are a primary win condition for the deck, and can be used in combination with the copy spells ie: Reiterate , and ritual spells ie. Seething Song
There are also a few cards like Sphinx-Bone Wand that offer even more win-cons if you are missing key pieces.
1 month ago
Hey, with so many Islands consider High Tide ? If playing High Tide you also want more cards that can untap lands Frantic Search , Turnabout , Snap . These cards are not just good with High Tide, but are good to get more experience counters faster since they're instants which untap lands letting you play other instants/sorceries in a turn.
Other cards to consider:
- Shivan Reef
- Cascade Bluffs
- Sulfur Falls
- Mystic Remora : great repeatable draw in multiplayer Commander.
- Rhystic Study : great repeatable draw in multiplayer Commander.
- Spell Burst : counterspell with buyback.
- Capsize : bounce permanent spell with buyback.
- Reiterate : copy spell with buyback.
- Merchant Scroll
- Blue Sun's Zenith
- Stroke of Genius
- Pull from Tomorrow
- Thought Vessel
- Past in Flames
Cards to consider cutting:
- 3x Mountain
- Confirm Suspicions
- Dragonlord's Prerogative
- Epiphany at the Drownyard
- Glimmer of Genius
- Precognitive Perception
- Read the Runes
- Overwhelming Denial
- Covenant of Minds
- Stolen Goods
- Compulsive Research
- Pyramid of the Pantheon
- Cultivator's Caravan
- Sentinel Tower
- Sphinx-Bone Wand
Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
With Firemind's Foresight you can fetch Reiterate and Pyretic Ritual , which will give you infinite Red Mana if you have 4 Experience Counters. You could also add a Lightning Bolt to that and have a way to deal infinite Damage aswell, but it wouldn't be that much fun. ;)
The way it works is that you put the Ritual on the stack and copy it with boughtback Reitarte. Once the Reiterate resolves you will get 3 Red mana and it will return to your hand and you can cast it again for 2 Red.
2 months ago
Hey Man I love the deck. I'd advise trying out Reiterate , Fork and the mono red counterspells Red Elemental Blast and Pyroblast . They worked pretty well in all of the red spellslinger decks I've tried them in. The copy spells especially so a well placed fork can copy a game winning torment of hailfire or an annoying counterspell. Also if your opponents have 7 or more tapped lands then Reiterate and Mana Geyser make infinite mana.
2 months ago
Hmmm, ZeroZolo it may not be what you have in mind. But I do like abusing Bonus Round and going off with storm. Add in a couple more rocks you can use the Isochron Scepter / Dramatic Reversal combo route to go into infinite mana. After that your outlets can be Aetherflux Reservoir / Mind's Desire or even Grapeshot . Another way to make infinite mana is Turnabout / Reiterate or Mana Geyser with it as well.
That is going into the storm route though, but if your going for more of a value route like spell slinging than that's taking a different approach and I would say switch to a different commander like Mizzix of the Izmagnus or Keranos, God of Storms .
2 months ago
Here's some things you might consider changing around.
This deck wants to win by copying lots of things. There are a few ways for you to win. One of the easier ways to do this might be to exploit Biovisionary . You just have to get four of him on your board by the end of your turn to win. Cards that you included already, like Rite of Replication make this very easy to pull off, provided you have both ready to go.
Birthing Pod , and Fauna Shaman , although more expensive, can help you search for important creatures like Biovisionary or even Worldgorger Dragon . You already have a few ways to make tokens or copies of Biovisionary
Things to reconsider:
Comet Storm Bad.
Insidious Will You have a lot of counterspells. Consider cutting some of the higher mana cost ones like this.
3 months ago
Hi, I would put some more of the copy effects in the deck like Reverberate . A little trick I learned while playing is if the Niv-Mizzet player counters Neheb you copy the counter with Reverberate or another similar spell. Then you target his counter with your copy of his counter spell. And of course you can use it to copy your big spells immediately or if it would get countert so that the copy resolves nonetheless.
Enchanter's Bane is probably a good card against the Tuvasa player. It does not cost much and will hit the Tuvasa player hard over time.
4 months ago
I like some of the stuff you've got here, good combos and relatively consistent strategies! A few things I would consider to improve this:
- 29 lands is not enough in a commander deck, you will find yourself mana screwed quite often. For a 2-colour deck, I would say have at least 34. I would suggest cutting some alternative win-cons (Psychosis Crawler in particular, that's better suited in other Izzet decks) to free up space for lands.
- Your suggested tutoring with Firemind's Foresight to grab the combo doesn't work; both Comet Storm and Merchant Scroll are 2-cost. This can easily be fixed by tutoring Mystical Tutor as your 1-cost, Comet Storm for 2-cost and Reiterate for 3-cost, then use Mystical Tutor to grab any of your rituals.
- Consider adding some protection against combat, since you don't run many creatures; this is perhaps meta-dependent, but most commander players will see Mizzix and instantly target you as she has a reputation for storming off. Dissipation Field and Propaganda are good at deterring attackers in the early and mid game (I would cut Inexorable Tide for at least 1 of these, constant proliferate is overkill in my opinion).
Reiterate occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%