Creature — Human Cleric
You have shroud. (You can't be the target of spells or abilities.)
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
True Believer Discussion
3 months ago
I like the list. It has real potential.
I'm not a fan of doomed and null priest unless they are cheating out big creatures - the only big cleric I can think of is Mikaeus, the Unhallowed. Resurrecting multiple other clerics can be done in easier, less disruptable ways.
Many of the most powerful sideboard cards (mainboardable in many metas) are clerics, and that means that with 75 cards including sideboard, something that can really kick butt in a metagame is out there.
The option to ressurect Children of Korlis, Containment Priest, Ethersworn Canonist, Fiend Hunter, Grand Abolisher, Leonin Arbiter, Auriok Champion, Leonin Relic-Warder, Remorseful Cleric, Sanctifier en-Vec, Sin Collector - there are too many great clerics for this not to become something. Even stuff like Orzhov Pontiff and True Believer has seen sideboard play in the kind of creature-led deck it would be.
You have access to all the tools from soul sisters, with Soul Warden also getting Marauding Blight-Priest as another piece. Vizier of Remedies threatens a combo line. Efficient 1 drops means that tools like Orzhov Charm, Ranger-Captain of Eos and Proclamation of Rebirth look a lot better. Order of Whiteclay and oddities like Hanweir Militia Captain Flip it offer more options than you'd expect, and it only takes one good interaction with them to turn them into powerhouse engines.
All of that before looking at w/b getting the best removal in the game means that some variant of this list will make a dent in a major tournament, once someone figures it out.
7 months ago
elijahhagler Hi nice to see that my old deck still brings viewers :D. But in this build I did not run any graveyard prot. But I have few in mind if you lose your needed combo pieces like Pull from Eternity and Riftsweeper . Another way to "Protect" your graveyard is to give yourself Hexproof. Then they cannot target you and usually your GY. Here some cards Ivory Mask , Orbs of Warding Witchbane Orb , Leyline of Sanctity , Sigarda, Heron's Grace , Solitary Confinement , Shalai, Voice of Plenty , True Believer , Aegis of the Gods
10 months ago
11 months ago
You can use double square brackets around a card's name to create a reference link. It's the best way to make sure everyone understands what's going on in your question: Sporecrown Thallid
Yes, the fungus and saproling creatures would get another +1/+1 if you play a second Sporecrown Thallid. +X/-X effects are always additive with one another.
Some more notes about abilities: there are three basic kinds of abilities in the game - activated, triggered, and static
- Activated abilities are always written in the form of "Cost : Effect", like Prodigal Pyromancer, or the last ability on Thallid. They're activated by paying the cost specified in the ability
- Triggered abilities are always written to start with one of the words "when", "whenever", or "at", like Blood Artist, or the first ability on Thallid. They trigger whenever the specified event happens
- Anything that isn't activated or triggered is some kind of static ability, like on True Believer or Sporecrown Thallid. They're just "always on"
1 year ago
mikeb388, well, I don't play against burn much, but if I were, the things that would help me the most are Brave the Elements, True Believer, and The Ozolith. I'd probably also sideboard in Nevermore and Elixir of Immortality. If I played against burn more often, I'd have a different sideboard. There are plenty of spells available in white. Also, if you use a bolt on my t1 creature drop, that's a 1 for 1 trade - so no one is getting any real advantage. If you target me instead of my creature on T1, then I have a decent chance of pumping that creature up to 4/4, which makes it harder to burn. I can also use Brave the Elements and Abzan Falconer to avoid many blockers. It's not the greatest deck ever built, but in the $100 range, it's a pretty solid list.
1 year ago
Most of the good hatebears have been mentioned already. Here are some more annyoing cards I can add to the list hereabove: Tithe Taker, Suppression Field, Angel of Jubilation, Eidolon of Obstruction, Eidolon of Rhetoric, True Believer, Leyline of Sanctity, Auriok Champion, Kor Firewalker and Aegis of the Gods.
Note that, though I find the archetype very cool, Hatebears - just like DnT - isn't very good in Modern. You have many degenerate strategies going around so unless you know the local meta like no one else, it'll be very hard for you to pull off results at big tournaments. Now if your goal is to have fun and/or try to win your LGS's FNM's then that's totally fine ;)
1 year ago
:( I thought I put a long comment the other day, but it's only appearing on my screen as a single line! I can't remember everything I wrote, so the TL,DR version is 'I like the more ways you have to protect Avacyn, here are some cards you might want to think about removing because I can't see much synergy in the deck, here are some cards you might want to add, and here are some other things to think about whilst playing the deck" :D here's the abridged version:
THINK ABOUT REMOVING:
- Amulet of Vigor - you have almost nothing that enters tapped
- Song of the Worldsoul - you have very few ways of generating tokens
- Tower of Eons - by the time you have mana to activate this you'll almost be in a position to win!
- Meteorite - there are better mana rocks, try Sisay's Ring, Everflowing Chalice, Ur-Golem's Eye, Prismatic Lens or Marble Diamond. The little bit of damage is unlikely to do much, and it's a lot of extra mana to spend to do 2 damage.
- Leyline of Sanctity - this doesn't not have synergy with your deck, but you don't have much in the way of low-end creatures, so True Believer and Aegis of the Gods both fill that slot and both can trigger cards like Oketra's Monument and Mentor of the Meek, and give you blockers if you're very low on health. Extra synergy!
THINK ABOUT ADDING:
More instant-speed interaction, such as:
- Swords to Plowshares
- Path to Exile
- Fated Retribution - a little more expensive than normal wraths, but it means you can hold your mana up and wipe the board if someone is swinging at you for lethal
- Rout - as above - instant board-clear is useful
- Return to Dust - good at getting rid of annoying pieces of other players, also useful for getting rid of pesky enchantments on Avacyn like Darksteel Mutation, Imprisoned in the Moon, Frogify, etc
Other good cards to consider adding down the line (if you want to spend more to upgrade the deck further with other good white cards):
OTHER GAME-TABLE THOUGHTS:
It feels like what this deck wants to do is get Avayn out and then wipe the board, putting you far enough ahead to hopefully win. People don't like losing their lands, and if you wipe with cards like Armageddon then people will probably scoop instead of playing it out. Later on you might find that they focus you in future games because they don't want to risk losing all their lands. This can be avoided by taking out your land destruction spells - but keeping them in means that when you win it will be in more of an overwhelming victory! It also might change how you build your creatures - if you want to win by wiping out everyone else's lands, then you need to make sure you have enough small creatures to keep you alive until you can get Avacyn out on turn ~7. Your call! :)
Hope some of those thoughts are helpful. Have fun! <(^_^)>
1 year ago
February 2020 update:
Deck holds up very well in multiplayer, though some of the clerics' abilities aren't as relevant as I'd expected them to be so time to shave a bit off of the top for removal and more mana ramp. Some of the existing removal is being swapped for more versatile/lower CMC cards as well. I'm torn between Devoted Caretaker and Giver of Runes but went with Giver since its activation doesn't have a mana cost.
Future: I do like the suggestions of Blood Speaker, Children of Korlis, Daru Spiritualist, Shaman En-Kor and Heirloom Blade and I'll see if I can eventually fit some or all of them in somehow, particularly the Blood Speaker and Blade.