Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Beacon of Creation
Put a 1/1 green Insect creature token into play for each Forest you control. Shuffle Beacon of Creation into its owner's library.
4 months ago
Fenrixx I would suggest at least ditching Beacon of Creation as it doesn't really synergize with anything you're doing, and is generally just a bad spell. I also think you're running too many cards as 1-ofs and 2-ofs, which is going to limit your ability to have a consistent plan, most of your deck should be playsets of those cards that matter most.
I still think going all-in on insect tribal is a bad approach here, especially as the only card that even remotely benefits from this tribe-restriction is Grist, and as said before, she'd benefit more from having a deck that can present other threats and supports her staying on-board for a long time, rather than just buffing her +1.
Around your Persist plans, it's interesting, but I think you're lacking the ability to reliably pitch cards into your grave. It feels like a lot of the time you're going to be stuck with these cards in hand indefinitely if they're drawn. Added to this, Persisting creatures is a lot of effort and really you want to get some massive payoff for doing so - like bringing back an Archon of Cruelty. I personally don't see the benefits being worth the hassle of bringing back these swole insects. Importantly, none of them do anything on the turn they enter, which is a big downside for their required investment.
A direction to try take this where insect-tribal might feel more relevant would be in some kind of land-ramp package. Combining Scute Mob, and Scute Swarm with lots of card that can let you play multiple lands each turn, could end up netting you some large rewards, and actually help validate these creatures being in the deck (it also might help validate Giant Adephage and Living Hive). I think if you're bringing any insects at all into a deck, you want it to be where those cards are actually decent choices to include, and then incidentally help Grist, as opposed to only existing in the deck because of their creature-type. At the moment it feels like your choosing cards based on their creature-type alone, which feels like a bad idea.
7 months ago
Alrund's Epiphany Arachnogenesis Awakening Zone Bane of Progress Barkchannel Pathway Flip Beacon of Creation Birds of Paradise Circle of Dreams Druid Crafty Cutpurse Craterhoof Behemoth Cryptolith Rite Deep Forest Hermit Dreamroot Cascade Fabled Passage Fierce Guardianship Garruk, Primal Hunter Idol of Oblivion Junk Winder Koma, Cosmos Serpent Master of Waves Misty Rainforest Mystic Reflection Mystic Sanctuary Nissa, Voice of Zendikar Oko, Thief of Crowns Otawara, Soaring City Priest of Titania Prismatic Vista Reality Shift Reef Worm Replicating Ring Repudiate / Replicate Rite of Replication Sakashima of a Thousand Faces Second Harvest Shamanic Revelation Sublime Epiphany Sylvan Library Theoretical Duplication Timestream Navigator Treasure Vault Tropical Island Waterlogged Grove Worldly Tutor Yavimaya, Cradle of Growth Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury
9 months ago
Some "efficiently costed token makers": Arachnogenesis, Artifact Mutation, Beacon of Creation, Chatterstorm, Deep Forest Hermit, Dragonlair Spider (?), Elemental Mastery, Elvish Warmaster, Fungal Sprouting, Night Soil, Ranger Class, Saproling Burst, Scatter the Seeds, Scute Swarm, Sporemound (?), Sprout Swarm, Tendershoot Dryad, Thelonite Hermit,
1 year ago
This is a mistake, there is no interactions here.
Earthcraft has interaction with the following:
Any Dork creature we drop we don't want attack with or cannot find any opening with. Augur of Autumn, Courser of Kruphix, Eternal Witness, Fierce Empath, Lotus Cobra, Ramunap Excavator, Tireless Provisioner, Oracle of Mul Daya. There are situations were these just sit around.
This will not work or combo with Kamahl’s Will, yet they are both really powerful cards and should be tested. Apologize for any confusion I will proof read another time if I'm editing late lol
That said all those cards need to be tested and I can only find three solid cuts right now. Taking a look at the role of cards tonight instead of interaction.
1 year ago
Played a bunch today and here is results of changes.
- -1 Apex Devastator to sideboard, moved to sideboard to swap out with blightsteel/eldrazi for newer players
- -1 Temur Sabertooth, removed due to the amount of cardraw available. I feel I would rather draw than bounce.
- +1 Blightsteel Colossus to maindeck, Blightsteel is a counter to my local playgroup. We've got a lifegain deck and one deck running Pariah and Pariah's Shield. Along with Akroma's Memorial and Finale of Devastation this is my nuclear option.
- +1 Bala Ged Sanctuary Flip, land and recurrence is very valuable.
- +1 Mirrorpool, ehh fine seems ok to drop a copy of a big creature that does something,, what's the worst that can happen? :)
- -1 Mana Crypt to maybeboard, don't have one is the only reason. If I can get one,, maybe?
- +1 Jeweled Lotus, replacement for mana crypt... Now let me tell you,, jeweled -> azusa --> lotus cobra --> two fetches --> Tooth and nail.. That was a quick game!
- +1 Maze of Ith, This is at tech, really aggressive in my area! There are some cases it's death to not have an air blocker!
- +1 Petrified Field, Testing it at this time, not sure how to abuse it yet
- +1 Momentous Fall, Does not feel as bad as I initially thought. Use this defensively often times.
- +1 Cryptic Caves, niche card testing it out. Turns your crucibles into three draw for 3 mana + land drops.. 3 mana draw 3 cards... seems decent
- +1 Thespian's Stage, what does it do? answer: yes
- -1 Beast Whisperer, I have enough creatures, but the costs are too high
- +1 Zendikar Resurgent, replacement for beast whisperer, has the potential to double mana while going off
- -1 Guardian Project, same problem as beast whisperer
- +1 Return of the Wildspeaker, another large draw effect to combo off of to replace guardian
- +1 Inkmoth Nexus, bad habits die hard, keeping one in deck for "that guy" at the table.
- -1 Field of the Dead -> maybeboard, only reason I'm taking it out is I don't own it. Dropping it into maybe board
- Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger is here to stay. When you go off with a large draw dropping him is amazing. He will give you enough mana to combo off and finish on the stop at times. He's also a good target for Natural Order.
- After drawing 10 cards and drawing into Rude Awakening,, it has a new place in my heart, seems to be a keeper
- Once I hit 25 basics, I think I can just win the game. The amount of basics should stick between 24-26 and 45 lands in total to facilitate the engines. If we're slightly under half I think we're good.
- Kodama of the East Tree was potentially good enough to combo off a large draw with vorin, need to test this more!
Thinking of Cutting:
- Beacon of Creation --> , requires more testing due to new landbase
Why the sideboard was added:
- Core creatures for swapping on the sideboard are Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger, Kozilek, Butcher of Truth, Kozilek, the Great Distortion, Blightsteel Colossus, and Craterhoof Behemoth.
- Each of these creatures fills a different role. voice of hunger is a creature to combo off with on a large draw or to slow down my opponents. Butcher of truth fills your hand then wins by sacing against a single opponent or threating multiple attack if they don't sac a specific permanent (politics yeeehhh). Blightsteel teaches people that lifegain decks don't work against green edh.... craterhoof teaches people that lifegain deck's don't work against green in edh (AZUSA SMASH!!)... please stop playing lifegain decks in edh... Great Distortion draws and controls the game if your ahead.
If I'm playing against my friends then these are great. If we're trying to include someone I will swap them out for cards in the sideboard and leave in a couple.
1 year ago
Honestly, there is no point in not trying those cards in a live environment, let's add a bit more utility and a couple large creatures then try this in some games!
Let's have our first game this weekend. I will be testing the deck our to see what it feels like it needs and report back.
Let the games begin >:k
1 year ago
1 year ago
Thank you for the suggestion sparklepants, I appreciate it, but I do have Mystic Reflection in mainboard. Haven't had a chance to play it yet. Beacon of Creation did some work for me this past weekend.