|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Elemental Insect
Whenever Living Hive deals combat damage to a player, put that many 1/1 green Insect creature tokens into play.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (14)||twistedmage , , Bluboltar , Va1mar , rakdos24 , Pumpkinking913 , Swamy , sonnet666 , LegendDeer , Tiddilywinkus , Ellyreia , ecurps , Mortiferus_Rosa , Epidilius|
|Want (2)||eleventhend , DoctorPiccolo|
Living Hive Discussion
3 days ago
A shame Living Hive can't find a home here. I'm afraid 8 mana is just too expensive.
3 weeks ago
Sorry for the double comment, but I would also recommend removing some of the 1x cards like Vorapede, Ant Queen, and Living Hive so you can triple up on Giant Adephage and add another Hornet Queen for more consistancy.
2 months ago
Some suggestions:Archetype of Endurance, Ghoultree, Goliath Spider, Krosan Cloudscraper, Liege of the Tangle, Living Hive, Myojin of Life's Web, Naya Soulbeast, Polyraptor, Skarrg Goliath, Spike Hatcher, Stonehoof Chieftain, Terastodon, Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger, World Breaker, Worldspine Wurm, Allosaurus Rider, Caller of the Pack, Gaea's Revenge, Garruk's Horde, Kalonian Twingrove, Sandsteppe Mastodon, Sekki, Seasons' Guide, Siege Behemoth, Thorn Elemental, Tornado Elemental, Verdant Sun's Avatar, Woodfall Primus
2 months ago
- Is Eldrazi Monument a bit risky because it dies after a boardwipe?
- Is Worldspine Wurm's casting cost too expensive?
- Is Living Hive and Giant Adephage and Gigantomancer too slow/not enough value from the mana investment?
- Is 30 basic forest plus 9 non-basic land too little, too many, or ok?
- Is Abzan Beastmaster good enough card draw?
- Are the lifegain cards needed/good enough? Essence Warden and Arborback Stomper
- Is Druidic Satchel too slow and mana intensive?
- Is Nissa's Revelation too expensive and inconsistent?
- Is Moonsilver Spear a bit counter-intuitive in an anti-flyer deck? It's supposed to synergise with the token creation and a way to fight opponents' flyers.
- Should I play Squirrel Nest to combine with my Earthcraft for the infinite squirrel combo, or is that a bit inconsistent and unfair?
- Is Whisperwood Elemental any good? It does not synergise with the token creation theme, and has other risks.
- Is Whispersilk Cloak any good? it seems and over costed Swiftfoot Boots, but do I need to protect my commander, plus the unblockable might be valid.
- Is Archetype of Endurance worth it, as it seems like a not as good Asceticism?
3 months ago
patoska, thanks for the advice. I decided to go with Stolen Identity, partially because it's cheaper, and can be applied to a creature on the field, whereas Living Hive would require its own Aqueous Form to really shine. The other cards you mentioned have in majority been added to the deck.
3 months ago
I think is a little bit slow, maybe you can replace Agent of Horizons for Llanowar Elves or something similar.
And maybe Blossoming Defense or Ranger's Guile for Gaze of the Gorgon and Mending Touch.
I think Apostle's Blessing can help, it protect your creatures and give them unblockeable when you need.
With Hidden Strings you can tap possible blockers or untap your own lands and you can play it again with cipher.
Other late games threats that you can consider are Living Hive and Stolen Identity.
3 months ago
Correction: list of steady 1/1 or 2/2 token creators.
Potentially too slow: Sporemound, Assemble the Legion, Dragonlair Spider, Elspeth, Knight-Errant, Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury, From Beyond, Growing Ranks, Jade Mage, Krenko, Mob Boss, Vitu-Ghazi Guildmage, Goblin Assault, Goblin Rabblemaster, Mycologist, Pallid Mycoderm, Psychotrope Thallid, Rhys the Redeemed, Savage Thallid, anything that starts with Thallid- really, look it up, there are like 7, Verdant Force.
Not enough?: Attended Knight, Emeria Angel (only 30 lands!?), Entrapment Maneuver (it'll fuck up voltron's day), Fungal Sprouting, Greener Pastures (if you get more lands), Queen's Commission, Raise the Alarm, Servo Exhibition, Spectral Procession.
Just awesome: Brimaz, King of Oreskos, Hanweir Garrison, Hero of Bladehold, Martial Coup, Nomads' Assembly, Oketra the True, Sacred Mesa, Sundering Growth, Tempt with Vengeance, Tilonalli's Summoner, Trostani, Selesnya's Voice, Elemental Mastery (suddenly your big stuff is unblockable, too!), Living Hive, Promise of Bunrei, Secure the Wastes, Sporesower Thallid, Sporoloth Ancient, Sram's Expertise, Stonybrook Schoolmaster, Symbiotic Wurm, Wolfcaller's Howl.
6 months ago
Living Hive (HOP) is missing its image. Living Hive