Creature — Zombie
When Polluted DEad dies, destroy target land.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Polluted Dead Discussion
4 months ago
Some cards that destroy lands. Helldozer might be good if everythings a swamp, wont be hard to cast and you can untap him lots to destroy more land
1 year ago
Polluted Dead made way for Beguiler of Wills, and Butcher Ghoul made way for Zombie Master. Still need to remove something to make room for the Grimoire of the Dead. Veilborn Ghoul is a tempting choice.
Yanu on Meren deck
1 year ago
Hello there,Personally I would cut
- Cloudthresher - he does nothing, except for killing flying tokens, only flying tokens
- Champion of Stray Souls - Sepulchral Primordial
- Deathrite Shaman - If you need ramp, make it as synergic with Meren as possible - Burnished Hart, Yavimaya Granger, Diligent Farmhand - all of these kill themselves, pumping your experience
- Great Oak Guardian - Craterhoof Behemoth
- Hag Hedge-Mage - This card isn't very good, especially in multiplayer pods
- Korozda Guildmage - This too
- Lotleth Troll - This card isn't really good in EDH
- Marrow Chomper - Green has better lifegain options, but life is not that important, you should scare away your opponents with giant creatures, so they dont attack you :)
- Mycoloth - Can be good in casual pools, but if you sacrifice your tokens to him and he eats a Path to Exile, you're in a very bad spot
- Pathbreaker Ibex - Craterhoof Behemoth
- Polluted Dead - Just nope.
- Reclamation Sage - If you want cards that kill themselves, there's Sylvok Replica and even Caustic Caterpillar
- Satyr Wayfinder - There are better ramp options
- Skullwinder - Why would you give anything to your opponents, when there is Reclaim, Restock and Noxious Revival?
- Spore Frog - While this can be useful in casual pods, it's always better to kill them before they can damage you :)
- Viridian Emissary - Look up to the Deathrite Shaman comment
- Wood Elves - If you plan on buying Overgrown Tomb it can stay, otherwise any of the Deathrite replacements or even Farhaven Elf is better.
From artifacts I'd toss:
- Thought Vessel - Reliquary Tower also does this, no need to duplicate
- Golgari Signet - If you have green, there's always something better than a signet
What should be instantly binned: (Get the pun?:D)
- Gaze of the Gorgon
- Golgari Charm - To protect your creatures, there are other options available, think Asceticism
- Grisly Salvage - If you wanna dig on a spell, try Hoarder's Greed or Dregs of Sorrow
- Tribute to the Wild - Since your general is all about reanimating creatures, keep this effect on a creature
What is this sorcery?:
- Barter in Blood - Black has plenty of removal that hurts your opponents more than you, In Garruk's Wake for example.
- Death Frenzy - Infest effects are generally bad in EDH
- Dread Summons - This card can be dangerous, as reanimation is popular in EDH, either be ready to purge your opponent's graveyards or bin it.
- Mulch - The effect is too weak
- Overwhelming Stampede - I prefer this effect on small Garruk
- Primal Growth - I would replace it with Far Wanderings, since it's all about graveyard sheaningans
- Sadistic Sacrament - Since you're gonna sac alot, try Bitter Ordeal
- Victimize - You already reanimate your graveyard, try stealing something from your opponents' (Rise from the Grave, Animate Dead, Dance of the Dead)
Now, for the replacements:
What I love about B/G decks, is the powerful package that Crop Rotation brings in: Mortuary Mire for returning a creature in a pinch, Glacial Chasm for protection, Blighted Fen for an edict, Bojuka Bog for instant graveyard purge to that pesky Mer... reanimator player and some other options.
And If you didn't fall asleep, don't forget the staples:
Tooth and Nail for instawins, Solemn Simulacrum for a birthing pod chain element and good value, Cauldron of Souls because in this deck, it's gonna be disgusting. Another good pod target would be Phyrexian Delver.
Remember to keep a few options for each CMC in the pod chain.