|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Time Spiral "Timeshifted" (TSB)||Rare|
|Urza's Legacy (ULG)||Uncommon|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human Nomad
Echo *(At the beginning of your upkeep, if this came under your control since the beginning of your last upkeep, sacrifice it unless you pay its echo cost.) *
When Avalanche Riders enters the battlefield, destroy target land.
Avalanche Riders Discussion
3 days ago
3 weeks ago
Lambofan217 I would say these two are interchangable, Fulminator Mage has the nice effect that you can decide when to activate it, but Avalanche Riders has the small upside that it hits basic lands and has haste. I just already had a sweet foil FNM promo Avalanche Riders and decided to put that in the deck :)
multimedia thanks for the suggestions mate! I appreciate it!
- No idea why Command Tower wasn't listed here, I even have it in my paper deck, so added it back here. Thanks for catching that!
- I like to run some amount of basics since I love abusing Solemn Simulacrum . I might indeed cut a plains or swamp, but they will make place for the new Canopy lands from Modern Horizons
- Enlightened Tutor has been going in and out ocassionaly, but I might add it back in. I agree that Ravos, Soultender has been kind of underwhelming in the deck.
- Selfless Spirit used to be in the deck but I was really unimpressed by its performance. Since this deck doesn't need to swarm the board per se, board wipes aren't your main concern, and I always felt like I wanted to recur something more valueable with Alesha's ability. As for Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord , I'm still testing is, as I do like the lifegain.
- Aurelia, Exemplar of Justice is just a card I think is very sweet, even though it might not be the best pick for the deck
- Palace Jailer is a sweet card, but I have been very impressed with Twilight Prophet , the ability is amazing (even killed a player once by putting Elesh Norn on top with Vamp Tutor). She truly shines when the game has reached a stalled boardstate and players are trying to wast resources to resolve it. You just sit on your Prophet and accumulate value. Sure the City's Blessing can be a minor downside, but rarely hard to achieve in EDH
- I'm actually content with the amount of Aristocrats in the deck, I might replace her with Zulaport Cutthroat though
I was actually also thinking off Aurelia, the Warleader . Most importantly because I think the card is awesome, but it could help closing games in the late-game. What do you think?
3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
Thanks for asking. I actually think Shivan is significantly better for several reasons. He is a 6/6 making it much more difficult to remove him, has trample for getting through blockers, and is a reuseable land threat since he pops up to the top of our deck if our opponent sacrifices a land. A 2/2 can be too easily answered by red spells or other creatures although I did consider Avalanche Riders for this deck.
1 month ago
Hey snowfox54119, so I've been playing with this deck for a couple months now, and have really started to get a feel for it. One question I had for you, though, is what is your experience with Goblin Sharpshooter ? I've gotten it out in several games, but each time it seems underwhelming. I'm considering replacing it with an Avalanche Riders . Is there something I'm missing about Sharpshooter? Would I be making a huge mistake to take it out?
1 month ago
Also this might just be biased because the list has been near and dear to my heart since 2006, but have you considered Blink Riders? Jeskai land destruction with Avalanche Riders
2 months ago
The battle I've always had with heartless decks is that without it a lot of the deck becomes dead weight. Semblance Anvil does a bunch to fix that, but it still hits some major headaches in the reliability front.
To combat that, I'd look at making a backup plan- personally I'd run Slag Fiend and Zombie Infestation to give a 'none of this is helpful, I'm gonna hit you in the face' option, but that can be less than appealing when you have to make the choice turn two on whether to abandon your hand entirely.
Avalanche Riders occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%